Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you be prepared to give up to acquire Andrew Wiggins ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RepTdot wrote: View Post
    got it, not sure exactly how the rules of RFA status works, I know it means the original team has the right to match any offer Wiggins gets offered but does he still get the choice of which contract to sign as a RFA? hopefully Wiggins hometown pride kicks in and doesn't sign the extension so he can play here.
    If the team that drafted him matches the offer, then Wiggins has to sign with them. But if Wiggins makes it clear he doesn't want to play there, then I'd imagine the team could work out a sign and trade or something like that. On the other hand, there are essentially no rookies that have turned down a max extension.

and i think i made a mistake, it would be 4-8 years until he could play with us
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      my wiggins package

2014 1st round pick 2014 2nd round pick, 2015 2nd round pick, 1 2016 1st round pick 1 2016 second round pick, 2017 second round pick, 2018 1st round pick + 2 of my 3 testicles, and Terrence Ross for Nash and Wiggins
      Haha, no way I make that trade without the 3rd testicle and you can keep the 2nd rounders!!

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
        Hypothetical scenario. MU calls up the team who is picking wiggins. Asks what we can offer for him. Other GM turns down a ross, DD, or lowry centred option. Suggests a straight swap, JV for AW.

Do you do it?
        LOL .. Obviously you do it! Some posters are up here talking about trading our all-star, and multiple first rounders.....

Comment

Have to wait until Wiggins stock drops a bit.. It's too high and any team that drafts him will know that MU will be drooling over him. So they will ask for a lot. If the Raptors wait until 2015 or 2016 to nab him in a trade when his value might go lower (it might not, but there is a chance it will). At that point you offer a better package for him.

Otherwise we wait 8 years when he's a UFA.

Comment

agree with planetmars ( although I think he is a loon from another planet) let us see if he really is an elite talent with another team and if so we can send drake to pick him up as a UFA

Comment

"What would you be prepared to give up to acquire Andrew Wiggins?"

My left nut. Especially if he'd re-sign past his rookie deal. I'd definitely lose a nut for 7-8 years of Wiggins in Toronto. You think I'm joking. I'm not.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

My left nut. Especially if he'd re-sign past his rookie deal. I'd definitely lose a nut for 7-8 years of Wiggins in Toronto. You think I'm joking. I'm not.
                Nuts are grossly overrated. All they do is thin your wallet 18 years at a time.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

We should start a 'Nuts for Wiggins' campaign and see how many fans would be willing to make a similar offer. Although I'm not sure who would be willing to take our nuts in exchange for wiggins... But if anyone can find a buyer, It's Masai Ujiri.

"Yeah, this is Masai calling. So I've got two hundred and eighty seven Raptors' fans testicles, each individually bottled in laboratory-grade preservatives and labelled. I want your first overall pick. Yeah, they're on my desk infront of me right now. Here, I'll text you a pic. Yeah, you're damn right you'll take that trade."

Comment

id be willing to give up S.Rs left nut for wiggins

Comment

S.Rs right nut too

Comment

Would you guys be willing to trade DeMar and our 1st round draft pick for Wiggins? Really?

Comment

He might not enter the draft this year. If he goes back to Kansas for another year we may want to try and swap our 2016 1st from Knicks for 2015 1st from potential lottery team.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            Would you guys be willing to trade DeMar and our 1st round draft pick for Wiggins? Really?
                            At the very least, you have to seriously consider it. DeMar's a good player, but he's nowhere close to the franchise-altering talent that Wiggins is proclaimed to be. Plus our 2014 pick is likely in the 20-something range (unlikely to uncover a hidden gem).

It would be a 1 step back, 3 steps forward scenario.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              At the very least, you have to seriously consider it. DeMar's a good player, but he's nowhere close to the franchise-altering talent that Wiggins is proclaimed to be. Plus our 2014 pick is likely in the 20-something range (unlikely to uncover a hidden gem).

It would be a 1 step back, 3 steps forward scenario.
                              I'd be more inclined to trade JV and a first. I don't think aa team with a high enough lottery pick would be interested in DD because he's too far ahead in the development phase.

Ideally PPat our first and a second rounder to move up.
                              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                              Because its 2015

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                                Yes.

You can control Wiggins for 9 years at a fraction of the cost for the first 4 years.

DeRozan can opt out in 2 seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X