All-NBA teams to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-NBA teams to date

Straight up question: who ya got for the three All-NBA teams? Rules are 2G (shooting or point), 2F (small or power) and 1 C (crap). I went with the positions given by ESPN (ex: Bosh is somehow a C)

This is what I got:

1st team: G: Paul and Curry F: James and The Slim Reaper C: Howard

2nd team: G: Dragic and Westbrook F: Aldridge and George C: Davis

3rd team: G: Lowry and Harden F: Love and Ibaka C: Bosh

Honorable mentions were Cousins,Griffin (toughest pick vs. Ibaka), Lillard (HE DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE!!), Anthony, Wall.

This is too hard, my brain is melting.

1st Team: Paul, Curry, James, Durant, Howard (same as you)
    2nd Team: Dragic, Harden, George, Griffin, Bosh
    3rd Team: Lowry, Wall, Love, Aldridge (Even though I really don't rate him as highly as some people), ummmm.....I dunno, I didn't even want to pick Dwight for first team. Centers why so uninspiring? NULL VOTE.

Anthony has had some awesome games. Is it wrong to leave him out? Knicks are just so terrible but as much as i've been critical of him in the past, it seems a little harsh.

Westbrook has missed too many games.

I agree, Lillard plays no defense.

Comment

Ya the centres were a giant pain. I still consider Bosh as a PF and the only centre I can stomach is Anthony Davis.
      BigCamB wrote: View Post
      This is too hard, my brain is melting.

1st Team: Paul, Curry, James, Durant, Howard (same as you)
      2nd Team: Dragic, Harden, George, Griffin, Bosh
      3rd Team: Lowry, Wall, Love, Aldridge (Even though I really don't rate him as highly as some people), ummmm.....I dunno, I didn't even want to pick Dwight for first team. Centers why so uninspiring? NULL VOTE.

Anthony has had some awesome games. Is it wrong to leave him out? Knicks are just so terrible but as much as i've been critical of him in the past, it seems a little harsh.

Westbrook has missed too many games.

I agree, Lillard plays no defense.

Comment

Tough call:

1st Team: Paul, Harden, James, Durant, Hibbert
        2nd Team: Lillard, Curry, George, Griffin, Howard
        3rd Team: Lowry, Wall, Melo, Love, Cousins

I really think Derozan can make his way onto this list at some point if he continues to crash the boards and dish the ball the way he is doing, but right now there are just too many good PG's going around. No Westbrook due to injury.

Comment

I completely forgot about Hibbert! His offense has been shaky for a while, but by far the best defensive centre in the league. Especially with Davis now being injured (that team has no luck), Hibbert probably makes it.

Comment

1: CP3, Curry, Durant, LeBron, Dwight -- i think these are pretty obvious. I guess Dwight might get passed over for non-basketball reasons, but he belongs.

2. Wade, Harden, George, Griffin, Noah -- much less clear. I think Griffin is the only clear case. George looked like a clear case but he's been cooling off for 2 months now. Dirk, Love or Aldridge might deserve that spot more than George at this point.

3. Dragic, Lowry, Love, Aldridge, Hibbert -- I think Lowry has as strong a case as Parker, or Conley or anyone else I can think of at guard. But in real life, no way that San Antonio doesn't get at least one all-nba selection.
            Dirk has a strong case at PF. Davis to me doesn't belong yet, he missed games, his team isn't good, and people are overrating those defensive stats.
            At center, I think Duncan is the only realistic rival to Hibbert/Noah/Dwight for one of the spots. Cousins has been great, but the team isn't good enough.

Comment

IMHO I know we've all watched Lowry this season and see how great he's been. But the fact that Derozan made the Allstar team over him kinda shows that he's gonna get overlooked.

I just feel like Wall will make it over him because he's more well known...total crap but that's the vibe I'm getting

Comment

All-stars are voted in by coaches. All-NBA players by journalists/media. There could still be a bias over certain types of players but Lowry was on the all-snub team for the all-star game, and journalists/media reps from a variety of places all said as much.

If the Raptors hold on to that 3rd seed, than Lowry will probably make it. If they end up as the 4th seed than I don't think he does. I think it will be a battle between him, Lillard, Wall and Stephenson for that final spot - assuming Paul, Curry, Harden and Dragic are the 4 that get in. Wade may get considered as well considering he plays for the Heat and a lot of guys in the media are brain dead.

Comment

Yeah Lowry is a really decent chance to be voted in by the media if the raptors form holds up the rest of the way.

I kind of forgot about Noah, how silly. He would be my 3rd team Center selection.

Comment

When in doubt for the media- Go for the established player/all-star.

They don't care that Lillard doesn't play defense, he provides highlights and great numbers. Harden's in on the 3rd team for christ's sake, and he plays defense with the tenacity of an uninterested Andrea Bargnani- Lillard's in as the 3rd PG. Anthony over Aldridge, dude's the second-best scorer in the league and dragging the knicks. Aldridge goes down to third and knocks out ibaka. Hibbert is getting in over Bosh as the third team All-NBA because he's the Wade to Paul George's James, instead of being the third option.

Roster:
                    1st team: G: Paul and Curry F: James and The Slim Reaper C: Howard

2nd team: G: Dragic and Westbrook F: Melo and George C: Davis

3rd team: G: Lillard and Harden F: Love and Aldridge C: Hibbert

If westbrook is kicked out due to injury, then Lowry might make it- Or John Wall. It'll be a toss-up. If Joe Johnson gets it i'm kicking someone in the head.
                    Last edited by TSF; Sat Mar 1, 2014, 02:21 AM.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                    X