Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lowry misunderstood?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I was convinced everyone that loved Calderon didn't actually watch the last 5 minutes of games.
    We haven't had a lot of people to love... He wasn't a first pick that screwed up or an All-Star that got out.
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

KL was an asshole in the past, and that is what those dolts are going on.

This year, he is a consummate professional who is leading a team laden with inexperience, and average talent level to third in the conference.

That is a fact.

No need to discuss

Raptors Republic Rookie Jack_Bauer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    KL was an asshole in the past, and that is what those dolts are going on.

This year, he is a consummate professional who is leading a team laden with inexperience, and average talent level to third in the conference.

That is a fact.

No need to discuss
    I'm a big Lowry fan and hope the Raps bring him back next year. He's been the heart and soul of team; taking a charge or hitting a big three whenever the team has needed a lift.

However, I wonder how much of his newfound professional demeanour is related to being a free agent.

I'm not knocking Lowry, it's possible that he's just maturing as a person and has found a way to channel his competitiveness. Hopefully, if he's brought back, he doesn't revert back to clashing with coaches. Regardless, he's been a joy to watch this year.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jack_Bauer wrote: View Post
    I'm a big Lowry fan and hope the Raps bring him back next year. He's been the heart and soul of team; taking a charge or hitting a big three whenever the team has needed a lift.

However, I wonder how much of his newfound professional demeanour is related to being a free agent.

I'm not knocking Lowry, it's possible that he's just maturing as a person and has found a way to channel his competitiveness. Hopefully, if he's brought back, he doesn't revert back to clashing with coaches. Regardless, he's been a joy to watch this year.
    Has always been the player to put his body on the line. His always been tops of the league in getting charges. His always been a big shot maker. Why do people always seem to forget what he was doing in Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Yep, there are good headcases and bad headcases. Rondo/Kobe/Lowry want to win so badly it makes them a little crazy.

Guys like Larry Bird are going to understand and recognize that. A guy like Daryl Morey, who is a numbers genius and less concerned about chemistry/personality, may discount it or be unwilling to put up with it.

The bad headcases are guys who don't care about the game (Bynum) or have serious character/mental issues (Tyrus Thomas). These guys tend to wash out of the league unless they have outrageous talent.

The key is telling which is which. Before this season I figured Demarcus Cousins was shaping up to be the latter but he has proven me wrong this season, taking on more of a leadership role. But it's hard to judge this stuff at a distance. A lot of Raps fans thought Ed Davis had a bad attitude and didn't want to be here until they saw how heartbroken he was to get traded.
    Ed Davis bad attitude? He worked his butt off.

Post Thanks / Like

My issue with KL is controlling his emotions. He does get screwed on some calls but he needs to limit his emotional response to avoid getting technical fouls.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather get an emotional response from a player than a Bargnani response^^

He can keep playing hard and being an a-hole if it means Ross and Val are taking note and learning how to be reliable, cornerstone pieces

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    I'd much rather get an emotional response from a player than a Bargnani response^^

He can keep playing hard and being an a-hole if it means Ross and Val are taking note and learning how to be reliable, cornerstone pieces
    I like the emotion. Just control it so it doesn't hurt the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Has always been the player to put his body on the line. His always been tops of the league in getting charges. His always been a big shot maker. Why do people always seem to forget what he was doing in Houston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not forgetting. I've always been a fan of his and was pumped when they got him. I agree, when healthy, Lowry was playing at a similarly high level in Houston. I wasn't denying what he brings on the court, just speculating whether his good behaviour is a byproduct of maturity or because he's in a contract year. More for conversation's sake. As someone mentioned earlier, his problems were mainly due to wanting to win, not because he didn't have his head on straight.

10. Like Jamshid liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    My issue with KL is controlling his emotions. He does get screwed on some calls but he needs to limit his emotional response to avoid getting technical fouls.
    If Lowry's play is predicated by his emotions, then I can live with the odd tech here and there.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed Davis bad attitude? He worked his butt off.
    Clearly you never read the multiple threads about Ed Davis's facial expression or body composition on RealGM.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Clearly you never read the multiple threads about Ed Davis's facial expression or body composition on RealGM.
    You know you care too much when..

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    You know you care too much when..
    we've all crossed that line a long time ago my friend

Post Thanks / Like

@jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Today on ESPN Insider's "Ranking the top free agents of 2014":

15. Kyle Lowry | PG | UFA | 2013-14 Team: Toronto Raptors
    2013-14 Salary: $6.2 million | Suggested AAV: $8.5 million/year, three years

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight figure AAV.

I want the entire league to think this way because seriously wtf.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Today on ESPN Insider's "Ranking the top free agents of 2014":

15. Kyle Lowry | PG | UFA | 2013-14 Team: Toronto Raptors
    2013-14 Salary: $6.2 million | Suggested AAV: $8.5 million/year, three years

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight figure AAV.

I want the entire league to think this way because seriously wtf.
    Never before in basketball have I heard one guy's narrative of being caustic, competitive, an asshole, to be such a bad thing. Guys like that include but not limited to: larry bird, michael jordan, kobe bryant, chris paul. Guys who are not: andrea bargnani, chris paul, dwight howard

Stay defiant, kyle. Fuck em.

18. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually don't mind KL emotion's, and when the team actually needs him to not get a call and he knows he's going to lose it he just removes himself from the situation. I've only ever seen him gotten a tech after a bad call in a key situation once, and that was the absolute crap call where he walked away so he didn't say anything to the refs and got T'd up anyway
    @Boymusic66

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    I actually don't mind KL emotion's, and when the team actually needs him to not get a call and he knows he's going to lose it he just removes himself from the situation. I've only ever seen him gotten a tech after a bad call in a key situation once, and that was the absolute crap call where he walked away so he didn't say anything to the refs and got T'd up anyway
    Agree, he's never taken dumb tech that has cost the team. He kept his emotions in check after the horrible call in Sacramento you referenced; he walked off the court without saying anything. This is simply lazy journalism from ESPN, "something that may have been true a few years ago is probably still true."

What has impressed me most about Lowry is how insightful he is in post-game interviews. It's clear he understands the game at a very high level, which is what you want in a floor general. Let the rest of the league sleep on him, hopefully MU can bring him back for 27/3 or 32/4.
    Last edited by Jack_Bauer; Thu Feb 27th, 2014 at 06:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jack_Bauer wrote: View Post
    Agree, he's never taken dumb tech that has cost the team. He kept his emotions in check after the horrible call in Sacramento you referenced; he walked off the court without saying anything. This is simply lazy journalism from ESPN, "something that may have been true a few years ago is probably still true."

What has impressed me most about Lowry is how insightful he is in post-game interviews. It's clear he understands the game at a very high level, which is what you want in a floor general. Let the rest of the league sleep on him, hopefully MU can bring him back for 27/3 or 32/4.
    32/4 would be amazing. That puts him at Conley/Ellis/Stuckey/Jameer Nelson/Hill/Teague money for the next four years. I'm so okay with that. Two All-Star caliber (this year) players at a combined 18 mil with the back court locked up for 3 years of their prime? I'm so in
    @Boymusic66

22. Like Puffer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    32/4 would be amazing. That puts him at Conley/Ellis/Stuckey/Jameer Nelson/Hill/Teague money for the next four years. I'm so okay with that. Two All-Star caliber (this year) players at a combined 18 mil with the back court locked up for 3 years of their prime? I'm so in
    And when Lowry leaves his prime, Ross will just be entering his. Not bad at all!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information