Landry, Chuck and Steve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landry, Chuck and Steve

On draft night or this summer, do you guys think it would be possible to get a 2nd round pick out of any of those 3? If so, I think we would have to pull the thrigger.

Landry isn't going to be traded until he's an expiring

I like Chuck but i can't see someone trading FOR him unless he's in a deal to make salaries work or something

Novak... kind of. Problem is he's been so meh this year. He's really only good at one thing and hasn't even been very good. Part of it is how he's being used. A lot of it falls on him though. I kind of thought he'd be moved at the deadline but when i think about it now i can see why no one would've called about him.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Novak is still dropping a more than servicable .402 from 3 and that's with him not being utilized in any real way besides floor spacing. He definitely still has value and I'm sure many teams see this as well.

Comment

I don't know. So many teams are buying out players this year. I think it's gonna be hard to trade Novak, Landry and Hayes with this new CBA
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

They are all tradeable in the offseason or during the next season. Expirings can always be moved. Novak would work well in the right system. Our system isn't the right one for Novak. He should be in the West, spacing the floor in Houston, GSW, or LAC, where he will get open shots and his poor defence won't be such an issue.

I don't expect Landry or Hayes to get traded necessarily, unless it's paired with one of our more valuable assets as filler. But as expirings, they can be moved next season, but I wouldn't bank on it. The cap space in the 2015 offseason will be just as valuable as a 2nd round pick IMO, so I wouldn't stress about moving them.

Comment

Well, if you are taking on worse contracts... why not.

Fields and Hayes will be expirings.

But if you want to actually clear cap space, you will have to add picks / assets.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
              Novak is still dropping a more than servicable .402 from 3 and that's with him not being utilized in any real way besides floor spacing. He definitely still has value and I'm sure many teams see this as well.
              Agree with this. He actually had plays run for him in NY. I think his value is still the same as where it was with the Knicks.
              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I think Novak is terrible for his price tag, and if he has any trade value besides getting back a similarly bad contract then I don't know why Ujiri hasn't traded him yet.

Comment

I think it might be possible to trade one of them if we send out a 2nd round pick.

Comment

They might be traded as part of larger deals as salary cap filler but that is it IMO.

On their own they have no value unless you are taking back a similar (read: bad) contract.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      I think it might be possible to trade one of them if we send out a 2nd round pick.
                      The problem with second round picks is low percentage that actually pan out to be anything useful.

Comment

The idea is only to get rid of them. I mean, I like those 3 players and they are part of the team and each of them can produce when given the opportunity and when they are not injured. But to get a real deep team, I think we simply need to go in another direction concerning those 3. We need better backups, simple as that.

Via this year's draft, let's say we get one player that can really be a part of the rotation right away. Look at the roster below. That's how I see it. The plan this summer should be bringing back all these guys and get rid of Hayes, Novak and Fields while improving our bench (via 1. draft, 2. free agency, 3. trades).

Valanciunas/C/C
                        Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
                        Ross/SF/SF
                        DeRozan/SG/De Colo
                        Lowry/Vasquez/PG

Like I said, I like Fields, Hayes and Novak. But not for a total of about 16M$. And I think we could get better players than them, probably for less money.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          The idea is only to get rid of them. I mean, I like those 3 players and they are part of the team and each of them can produce when given the opportunity and when they are not injured. But to get a real deep team, I think we simply need to go in another direction concerning those 3. We need better backups, simple as that.

Via this year's draft, let's say we get one player that can really be a part of the rotation right away. Look at the roster below. That's how I see it. The plan this summer should be bringing back all these guys and get rid of Hayes, Novak and Fields while improving our bench (via 1. draft, 2. free agency, 3. trades).

Valanciunas/C/C
                          Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough
                          Ross/SF/SF
                          DeRozan/SG/De Colo
                          Lowry/Vasquez/PG

Like I said, I like Fields, Hayes and Novak. But not for a total of about 16M$. And I think we could get better players than them, probably for less money.
                          Obviously. And that's exactly the reason we're stuck with them. Landry is a really crap contract. And Novak and Hayes were sent over to even out our salary dump of Bargs and Gay.

So... we're stuck with them. Noone would even take them on if we gave them away. Minimum we have to package 2nd round picks with em.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Is it possible that Landry returns to form before next season? I got this feeling he will bounce back and will be able to contribute next season as the 1st or 2nd wing off the bench. It's not like he is a bad player...he just can't shoot due to his injury. And although his contract is bad, if he can return with some semblance of shooting ability that would be one less roster spot to fill and money MU can put elsewhere, and hey, if it works out he could be a decent trade chip as an expiring. Fingers crossed...

Comment

Is waiving a realistic option also? Could we waive them and get one or two serviceable players on cheap, 1-year contracts?
                              Last edited by charlesnba23; Wed Feb 26, 2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X