Landry, Chuck and Steve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Is waiving a realistic option also? Could we waive them and get one or two serviceable players on cheap, 1-year contracts?
    We can waive them, but their contracts still count against the cap, so the only benefit would be to open up a roster spot.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      We can waive them, but their contracts still count against the cap, so the only benefit would be to open up a roster spot.
      Yes, and that's my point. If we can't trade them, we should waive them.

Comment

Landry, Chuck and Steve sounds like a comedy act.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Right, but their salaries are still counting against our cap, so it would allow us to pick up someone like Jimmer, or anyone else on a minimum contract, but that's about it.

We could also waive Buycks or Stone to get the same effect.
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Right, but their salaries are still counting against our cap, so it would allow us to pick up someone like Jimmer, or anyone else on a minimum contract, but that's about it.

We could also waive Buycks or Stone to get the same effect.
            I'm thinking about next year, not right now!

Comment

I'm thinking about next year, not right now!
              Yep, but it's the same situation next year.
              "Bruno?
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

What's with the big desire to trade novak and chuck? They're perfect 10-13th guys on the bench because they both provide a service. Novak obviously for 3s and if we're down big late, chuck is like the lumberjack chopping trees when our centers are failing or in foul trouble. It only helps having guys like that ready and waiting at the end of the bench.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  What's with the big desire to trade novak and chuck? They're perfect 10-13th guys on the bench because they both provide a service. Novak obviously for 3s and if we're down big late, chuck is like the lumberjack chopping trees when our centers are failing or in foul trouble. It only helps having guys like that ready and waiting at the end of the bench.
                  Those two guys are paid a combined 11 million dollars though. That's more than any single player on our team, and about as much as Steph Curry is making.
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yep, but it's the same situation next year.
                    I'm talking about summer's free agency... Where guys like Alan Anderson are signing one-year, 950 000$ contracts...

Comment

Honestly, i'd like few things more than to see Fields come back 100% healthy and confident. He's hilariously overpaid but what he brings to the team when he's on the court is almost invaluable. His passing ability and court vision would mesh in incredibly well with vasquez and the second unit.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        Honestly, i'd like few things more than to see Fields come back 100% healthy and confident. He's hilariously overpaid but what he brings to the team when he's on the court is almost invaluable. His passing ability and court vision would mesh in incredibly well with vasquez and the second unit.
                        Not to mention his D. Good individual and team defender. Man it makes me sad this guy's elbow is frakked up. He's such a valuable role player when healthy. (maybe not 6.5 million valuable, but still very valuable)

Comment

I wish we had the Fields from 3 years ago. He would have been great with this roster. But I just don't think the guy is going to be back to normal next year. Just not feeling optimistic about it.

I can see a buyout coming for Fields. Creates a roster spot, and Fields might give the Raptors some money back. Hayes is a serviceable big.. would prefer to keep him. Novak is trade ballast. Just need the right trade opportunity and he's going to be playing for someone else.

Comment

But that's bad business. None of them will accept anything but the full amount left to be paid on their salaries. So what's the point of waiving them.

Comment

Get roster spots?

Comment

I'm talking about summer's free agency... Where guys like Alan Anderson are signing one-year, 950 000$ contracts...
                                What the fuck would be the point of waiving them NOW then??

Comment

Working...
                                X