No announcement yet.

If the Playoffs started today.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were more than one season in Boston where they limped into the playoffs and then eventually would take Miami deep into the series in the second round. I say again, that team is not a good match up for the Raptors in the playoffs.

Comment

Nobody scares me because I'm not 4 years old and this is basketball not an axe murderer or haunted house
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Nobody scares me because I'm not 4 years old and this is basketball not an axe murderer or haunted house
        Thibodeau's defence scares me more than an axe-wielding maniac :|

The maniac can be thwarted with a simple deadbolt. But Thibodeau's defence could eat me alive.

Comment

Thibs scares the crap out of me...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Thibodeau's defence scares me more than an axe-wielding maniac :|

The maniac can be thwarted with a simple deadbolt. But Thibodeau's defence could eat me alive.
            Ah, but consider: an axe murderer would slaughter and end your life, whereas at worst thibodeau would eliminate our favorite team in the first round of the pla--ok nevermind I take it all back, thibodeau is way worse!
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              There were more than one season in Boston where they limped into the playoffs and then eventually would take Miami deep into the series in the second round. I say again, that team is not a good match up for the Raptors in the playoffs.
              That was a different team (literally). And those guys are even older now, playing for a worse coach with a very strange roster that has obvious deficiencies.

Again, other than experience, I don't see the bad matchup.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                That was a different team (literally). And those guys are even older now, playing for a worse coach with a very strange roster that has obvious deficiencies.

Again, other than experience, I don't see the bad matchup.
                Agreed, but they could pose a risk. I'm not scared of anyone except CHI & CHA in the first round, but I could see the Williams-Livingston-Johnson-Pierce-Garnett giving anybody in the league trouble, and Blatche+Kirilenko are really good off the bench. I'm still fairly confident we'd take it, but it'd be harder then facing, say, washington
                @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                  Agreed, but they could pose a risk. I'm not scared of anyone except CHI & CHA in the first round, but I could see the Williams-Livingston-Johnson-Pierce-Garnett giving anybody in the league trouble, and Blatche+Kirilenko are really good off the bench. I'm still fairly confident we'd take it, but it'd be harder then facing, say, washington
                  We really shouldn't be scared of Charlotte, but we always play like shit against them. It's...unfortunate.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    We really shouldn't be scared of Charlotte, but we always play like shit against them. It's...unfortunate.
                    I'm just gonna pretend it's out of respect for Jordan, because there's really no reason why we should struggle so hard against the 'Cats
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      I'm going to remember this so when it happens I can bust it all out on your erroneous face!
                      But here's the thing... even if the Heat wins the conference (which is very likely) it is not something that can be guaranteed today, unless you have supernatural powers...
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

If we really are the 3rd best team in the East, then we shouldn't be afraid of anyone. If Chicago as currently constructed can beat this team then are we really any good? Is our team currently constructed able to make the leap to contender? If the only way we will get to the second round is through a favourable match up then this season was a failure, and we should have traded Lowry at the deadline (or before).
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                        X