Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #58: Washington Wizards 134 - Toronto Raptors 129 (3OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a couple of newbies on the team....can always make a diff the first couple of games. Andre Miller who will be a good change of speed type to backup Wall and Gooden. Who knows how he'll fit in.

Comment

The good thing about our backup point guard match up is as bad of a defender vasquez is I think him and Andre Miller is actually a good match up. Vasquez has the size advantage on him and that is what Miller usually uses to score. I'm relying on Vasquez to at least keep him in check.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        I hope to see an aggressive and motivated JV
        This! hes been such a lil bitch lately.

Comment

Another big game! One guy that worries me tonight besides Beal and Wall is Ariza. The guy is shooting lights out from 3 lately. 5/5 last game against the Cavs. 10/14 a couple of weeks ago.

For the Raps, i think DeRozan will have another big game.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
            This! hes been such a lil bitch lately.
            I think JV has hit the wall. He has had hardly much rest since the end of last season plus the weight he has put on (adjustment). Hope he takes this summer off except for cardio training and tweaks to his game (foot work. positioning).

Comment

To beat this team you have to stop Wall! Everything they do starts with him
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I think JV has hit the wall. He has had hardly much rest since the end of last season plus the weight he has put on (adjustment). Hope he takes this summer off except for cardio training and tweaks to his game (foot work. positioning).
                Ya hes definitely hit the wall, and I dont think Big Cat is the right guy at all to be there helping JVs development, They are 2 completely different type of Centers. Big Cat however can teach him better positioning and defense hopefully. I agree however he needs a rest, and then search for a good mentor.

Comment

Fun fact: Washington is a league-worst 0-4 when playing for the NBA championship belt.

Comment

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Ya hes definitely hit the wall, and I dont think Big Cat is the right guy at all to be there helping JVs development, They are 2 completely different type of Centers. Big Cat however can teach him better positioning and defense hopefully. I agree however he needs a rest, and then search for a good mentor.
                      Maybe. He had a terrific stretch in late January through early February: From that Dallas game on January 22 through the Pelicans game on Feb 10th, he had 6 double-doubles and an 18 and 9 outing. He played very well in that 11-game stretch. It's only been the last couple of weeks where he has really struggled and, even then, he had 18 and 8 against the Cavs.

Don't want to turn this into a JV thread but a couple of things stand out to me: in the last 6 games, he has had 4 games with 0 FTAs. His last really bad stretch was 3 games from Jan 17 - 20th where, in 3 games, he went to the line zero times. In that good 11 game stretch I mentioned above, 50 FTAs, so, over 4 per game.

The other aspect that has been really noticable is the pick and roll defense.

STill, the rebounding hasn't really fallen off so you can't say that he's not making effort plays. I don't know what the issue is but he's had these stretches before and he's always bounced back with a string of solid games. We'll see how the next week or so goes.

Comment

I'm going to this game tonight.. the last game I went to, we were still trying to tank. What a difference a couple months make.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

For any quality rythmic-metal and "intelligent music" fans:

The title says it all though

Comment

Lets get the sweep!
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Good thing Rudy isn't here to hide the stats from JV anymore so he can see that hes sucking at the moment. Yeesh!

Comment

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                                To beat this team you have to stop Wall! Everything they do starts with him
                                The fact that i'm confident putting ross on him can do the trick makes me feel so much better about his development
                                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                                X