Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #58: Washington Wizards 134 - Toronto Raptors 129 (3OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    Yea I'm not harping on him. I'm just saying he looked terrible last night when it really mattered. He actually had a pretty good first half. But when the others fouled out Casey was going to Hansbrough, or Novak and I kept thinking why not JV? Well, now I know. Right now at this stage of his career, you do not want that guy out there when the game is on the line.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm just glad they have the trio of Amir, Ppat and Hansbrough to fill in for him when he isn't being productive. I feel he has a decent environment for growth (playing time to prove himself, players to compete for playing time at end of games). It's up to him to prove himself

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
      Per 36, in his second year with limited play time he was netting 10.3pts and 13 boards. He was also 24, not 25.
      Per 36 is a stupid stat too. You play 36 minutes if you're good, if you're shit you come in for 3 minutes of garbage time and get 2 points and grab 2 rebounds, that doesn't mean you can drop 24 & 24 every night.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        Not only did you not know that isn't even gortat, you also used the per game stat which is USELESS since he wasn't even a starter and only played like 12 minutes off the bench in his sophomore year.

Per 36, in his second year with limited play time he was netting 10.3pts and 13 boards. He was also 24, not 25.
        Buycks per 36: 12 points, 3 assists, 6 rebounds
        Hayes: 7 points, 11 rebounds
        Incredibly flawed stat.
        @Boymusic66

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          Per 36 is a stupid stat too. You play 36 minutes if you're good, if you're shit you come in for 3 minutes of garbage time and get 2 points and grab 2 rebounds, that doesn't mean you can drop 24 & 24 every night.
          thats because you also need sample size to have it make sense, like any other stat. common sense. versus per game which doesn't take into account the time you played whatsoever.

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
            Buycks per 36: 12 points, 3 assists, 6 rebounds
            Hayes: 7 points, 11 rebounds
            Incredibly flawed stat.
            not really. if hayes actually played 36 minutes, is it really far fetched that he can get 7 points and 11 boards?

buycks hasn't even played 36 minutes total all season. obviously you need sample size for ANY stat. that stat just extrapolates as best as it can with the limited data available.

Comment

• Per 36 is a good stat to compare players who average over 30mpg....outside of that it is pretty useless

Comment

• What hurts the most is that we lost the belt.
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                  I don't understand all the Casey hate. He got the team to compete hard, I really didn't think they would even get it to overtime. Washington wanted this game bad, and guys kept fighting despite losing Lowry, Ross, Pat, and Amir. Hard fought game without our main guys against a fellow playoff team. the more tight/intense games like this, the more they will be ready for the playoffs.

And even the play calls for Lowry when they were going for the win weren't all that bad. A lowry pick and roll or even a Greivis pick and roll is probably their best bet at scoring a game winner. I saw a lot of positives from this game, even though I was extremely pissed with the outcome
                  Really? giving the ball to Lowry on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COURT w/ 5 secs left in the 4th was a good play??

Raps had another shot to win the game in the 1OT. 23 secs left, tie game, Raps ball. They have Lowry and DeRozan. Who did they gave the ball to? Greivis Vasquez. They had a full 23 secs to work with. But Vasquez wasted a lot of time before making a move. I mean, Vasquez for some reason was still dribbling the ball close to half court w/ 8 secs remaining!! Then he made a fancy behind the back dribble move, ALMOST TURNED THE BALL OVER. Raps get the ball back. 2 secs left. They gave the ball to Lowry and his shot easily got blocked by Wall. Just a completely unacceptable possession.

And again, they had a full 23 secs to work with and they couldn't even get a good shot. Not really sure what they were trying to run there in the first place? A Greivis Vasquez iso??
                  Last edited by The Great One; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 02:27 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Really? giving the ball to Lowry on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COURT w/ 5 secs left in the 4th was a good play??

Raps had another shot to win the game in the 1OT. 23 secs left, tie game, Raps ball. They have Lowry and DeRozan. Who did they gave the ball to? Greivis Vasquez. They had a full 23 secs to work with. But Vasquez wasted a lot of time before making a move. I mean, Vasquez for some reason was still dribbling the ball close to half court w/ 8 secs remaining!! Then he made a fancy behind the back dribble move, ALMOST TURNED THE BALL OVER. Raps get the ball back. 2 secs left. They gave the ball to Lowry and his shot easily got blocked by Wall. Just a completely unacceptable possession.

And again, they had a full 23 secs to work with and they couldn't even get a good shot. Not really sure what they were trying to run there in the first place? A Greivis Vasquez iso??
                    I actually didn't mind the play for Lowry at the end of the 4th. It was much better than the usual DeMar iso. They got a mismatch on Gortat and Lowry had a decent look.

The play he ran for DeMar at the end of the second OT was pretty good too (better than the iso at the end of the Portland/Chicago games).

Mike Prada has a pretty good breakdown of the game, definitely worth a read (it's where I got the pic and video).

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/2...recap-nba-2014

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                      "@Baron_Davis: This raptor vs wizard game should have been over... #cantsaywhatiwantto"

Followed By:

@Baron Davis: Too many timeouts, running the same play over and over... Gotta let your stars be stars. #trustyourstars #letthemlearntobeclosers

Clearly Baron thinks Casey is a fucking retard
                      Sounds like B-Diddy is promoting HERO/ISO-ball. Not a huge Casey support, but no wonder Baron Davis never won a damn thing in his career.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Regardless, Lowry got a good look at the end of the 4th. And the Vasquez play I believe was supposed to create something off a pick (which was working well all game) but he got stripped before it happened. I don't see any evidence that Casey wanted them to run an Iso for ANY player, so I'll take that as a step in the right direction

Comment

• [QUOTE“Even T-Ross, I never thought I’d say this, but we missed him"[/QUOTE]
                          ^^^^ Yes that is a quote from Casey post game press conference from last nights game
                          I find it ridiculous that the fucking coach didnt know how valuable Terence is to this team!!
                          Casey is beyond stuuuuuuupid like how can you go and say that about a player that has been the starting SF for your team and hes your best perimeter defender you have?? While John Wall was having a field day against our guards
                          I really dont understand what goes on in this guys head sometimes and he should absolutely not be back next season
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                            “Even T-Ross, I never thought I’d say this, but we missed him"
                            ^^^^ Yes that is a quote from Casey post game press conference from last nights game
                            I find it ridiculous that the fucking coach didnt know how valuable Terence is to this team!!
                            Casey is beyond stuuuuuuupid like how can you go and say that about a player that has been the starting SF for your team and hes your best perimeter defender you have?? While John Wall was having a field day against our guards
                            I really dont understand what goes on in this guys head sometimes and he should absolutely not be back next season
                            Wow.

Beyond that, nothing builds confidence for a 23 year old 2nd year player like knowing your coach doesn't think you'd even be missed if you weren't playing.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                              Wow.

Beyond that, nothing builds confidence for a 23 year old 2nd year player like knowing your coach doesn't think you'd even be missed if you weren't playing.
                              Casey wouldnt know talent if it hit in the face ! I dont understand why he even said that there was no need for it. All he did was tell the media he had no idea how good terence has been lately. I find it hard to believe that cannot see how good Terrence was???
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Need to remind people here that it was Dwane Casey who pushed Colangelo to draft Terrence Ross back in the draft a couple of years ago. So obviously he knows talent.

As for his comments last night, i don't think he meant it like the way people are talking about it now in this forum. Stop overreacting about everything lol.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X