Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #58: Washington Wizards 134 - Toronto Raptors 129 (3OT)

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta feel bad for JV tonight. He played like shit, but still feel bad for him. There was a shot of him in the 3rd OT sitting on the bench and you just know he was pissed at himself for that offensive goaltending call (which wasn't really his fault, that looked like an alley-oop until the last second)

Let's hope he's not easily discouraged because it's been a bad stretch for him and this was the worst of it so far.

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I miss ONE damn game all season and it's a Triple OT game... Sounds like it was a heartbreaker.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    "@Baron_Davis: This raptor vs wizard game should have been over... #cantsaywhatiwantto"

Followed By:

@Baron Davis: Too many timeouts, running the same play over and over... Gotta let your stars be stars. #trustyourstars #letthemlearntobeclosers

Clearly Baron thinks Casey is a fucking retard
    I completely agree with Davis here.

I said it before and i'll say it again. Late in the game, give the ball to your best OFFENSIVE player, and that's DeRozan. If he miss he miss, i can live with that. They had 2 chances to win this game in the 4th and OT and he didn't get the ball in either possessions. Instead they setup 2 horrible plays for Lowry.

DeRozan also didn't get many touches specially in the 1st 2 OT. Vasquez had the ball in his hands A LOT.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    I miss ONE damn game all season and it's a Triple OT game... Sounds like it was a heartbreaker.
    Make the next game thread and right the ship.

5. Like KazanTheMan liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Summmmaaaaaaa windmill

Quote KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
    ahahha greatest loss in raptors history everyone on toronto were dropping like flies! Amir johnson threw down the SUMMER WINDMILL ahahha it was a great game

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ahahha greatest loss in raptors history everyone on toronto were dropping like flies! Amir johnson threw down the SUMMER WINDMILL ahahha it was a great game
    Damnn, gotta watch some highlights.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know the stats on And-1's per game? I swear demar gets at least two or three a game...
    He has 33 And-1s through 55 games

Post Thanks / Like

Someone needs to Gif that Amier Johnson Windmill it was RAW as fuck

10. Like consmap liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

12. Like OldSkoolCool, consmap liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"@Baron_Davis: This raptor vs wizard game should have been over... #cantsaywhatiwantto"

Followed By:

@Baron Davis: Too many timeouts, running the same play over and over... Gotta let your stars be stars. #trustyourstars #letthemlearntobeclosers

Clearly Baron thinks Casey is a fucking retard
    This. ^^Nailed it!!

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Dwane Casey cost the Raps this game as far as i'm concerned. The play calling late in the game(4th and OT) were just mind boggling bad. Raps had 2 chances to win this game and they fucking blew it.

5 seconds late in the game in the 4th, a chance to win the game. What did they do? they gave the ball to Lowry on the OTHER SIDE OF THE COURT. What the fuck was that all about??

Then in OT, tie game. 23 secs left. Raps had the final shot, a chance AGAIN to win the game. What did they do? they gave the ball to Vasquez and Vasquez for some reason was still dribbling the ball on half court with under 10 remaining on the clock. Are u kidding me?? didn't even get a good chance to get a good shot.

So many bad possessions. Just give the fucking ball to Lowry or DeRozan late in the game and let them create. If they miss they miss.

Can't blame Casey though for not playing JV in the OT. The guy is just FLAT OUT HORRIBLE. Raps made their run in the 3rd when they put JV on the bench.
    I can't see why people support him either...not just for end of game calls

What about when Ross went down...Casey still did not even attempt to use De Colo, like WTF!!? De Colo is a completely serviceable player. How about when Lowry went out as well? Nope, Fields...and Novak at the 4.

PLZ! He did it with ease too...

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm very concerned about JV now. He's just never played THIS badly before from what I remember.
    Part of it might be that people now know what to expect from him when he posts up.
    Maybe he just isn't used to the full grind of the NBA season yet.
    What's really getting to me is the (general) lack of effort out there from him. Honestly, he's really reminding me of how T Ross kind of played last year. Maybe they decided to do a trade off?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    I'm very concerned about JV now. He's just never played THIS badly before from what I remember.
    Part of it might be that people now know what to expect from him when he posts up.
    Maybe he just isn't used to the full grind of the NBA season yet.
    What's really getting to me is the (general) lack of effort out there from him. Honestly, he's really reminding me of how T Ross kind of played last year. Maybe they decided to do a trade off?
    Ive seen some tweets that JV is butting heads with Casey and JV isn't liking the way Casey uses him and I still don't understand why Casey continually talks about growth when he never lets JV learn from his mistakes( Today was an anomaly) . Even though JV was playing insanely bad why was Chuck hayes in the game in 3OT?? That was ridiculous we need to get rid of Casey this offseason foreal! He talks about the young guys learning and growing but never lets them do it It seems to me he's going for as many wins possible so he can get another job with us! FUCK CASEY AND HIS RETARDED SUBS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    gortat just murdered us. a smart big. something i really doubt JV will ever turn into.
    Gortat's been in the league for years, JV is a sophomore. Step away from the ledge.
    @jerboat

18. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jack_Bauer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the Raptors lack a bread and butter play to run during crunch time. The Wizards got whatever they wanted out of the high Wall/Gortat pick and roll down. Whereas down the stretch, Toronto only got forced Vasquez floaters and DD iso's. Fortunately, DeMar did a good job getting to the line and carried the offense in the third OT. I have to put this on Casey, he should have run more pick and rolls during the year with Val or Amir to develop this play.

Also, the Raptors are very passive defending the pick and role. Why don't they run ICE like other teams do (e.g., Miami)?

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen some tweets that JV is butting heads with Casey and JV isn't liking the way Casey uses him and I still don't understand why Casey continually talks about growth when he never lets JV learn from his mistakes( Today was an anomaly) . Even though JV was playing insanely bad why was Chuck hayes in the game in 3OT?? That was ridiculous we need to get rid of Casey this offseason foreal! He talks about the young guys learning and growing but never lets them do it It seems to me he's going for as many wins possible so he can get another job with us! FUCK CASEY AND HIS RETARDED SUBS
    Nah. Can't really blame Casey for putting in Hayes/Hansbrough in the 3rd OT over JV. I would do it too if i was the coach. JV was that bad.

My problem w/ Casey tonight is on the offensive side of the ball. Bad executions cost them this game. They had 2 chances to win this game in the 4th and 1OT and they couldn't even get a good shot.
    Last edited by TRex; Fri Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:59 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The key to the loss was Ross' injury.. he would have hit some daggar 3's and snuffed out Wall on D.... oh well - can't win 'em all.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, i have a feeling we'll see the Wizards again this season.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JV must've played just awfully poorly in the last period and overtimes. I had to leave in the 3rd quarter but up until that point I thought he was doing a fine job all around.

Was gutting to see Terrence go down. He was stringing together some great games on both ends and was on track for another one tonight Hopefully it's not bad.....
    Last edited by BigCamB; Fri Feb 28th, 2014 at 01:24 AM.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    JV must've played just awfully poorly in the last period and overtimes. I had to leave in the 3rd quarter but up until that point I thought he was doing a fine job all around.

Was gutting to see Terrence go down. He was stringing together some great games on both ends and was on track for another one tonight Hopefully it's not bad.....
    That's pretty much right for JV. He was awful in OT though (didn't play in the 4th).

Really bad news about Ross. Hopefully nothing serious at all. He's becoming this team's best defensive weapon.

Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread Information