Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rolled ankles caused by shoe product quality?

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rolled ankles caused by shoe product quality?

After watching the triple OT game today and seeing Ross and Lowry (granted he landed on the defenders foot) both hurt their ankles wearing Jordan's, and DD and Amir previously hurting their ankles also wearing Jordan's, anyone think there's a 'product quality' issue here? I know the ones I have are certainly not very sturdy around the ankles, they're more for style than performance...

Post Thanks / Like

It's a legit question. Just look at Jordan's list of pros. ALL injury prone guys.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I rolled my ankle on a pair of Jordan's back in the day... never bought another pair again.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I always were high top Nike's for a reason ! I broke my ankle 2 years ago wearing Jordans

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think much of it, until I saw Ginobili shoe incident 2 days ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I didn't think much of it, until I saw Ginobili shoe incident 2 days ago.
    Agreed, that was pretty crazy to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    I always were high top Nike's for a reason ! I broke my ankle 2 years ago wearing Jordans
    You broke your ankles? Ouuuuf... that's rough man, it hurts just thinking about it
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Post Thanks / Like

It's too bad guys like Jordans too much to stop wearing them
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

gametime, u got a new pair of kicks you're peddling?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    gametime, u got a new pair of kicks you're peddling?
    Are you concerned about ankle injuries to your key guys? Worried that your playoff run could be cut short? Well with the new GT 10's, ankle injuries are a thing of the past! Turn your Steph Curry ankles into Lebron James ankles in no time!
    @Boymusic66

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    Are you concerned about ankle injuries to your key guys? Worried that your playoff run could be cut short? Well with the new GT 10's, ankle injuries are a thing of the past! Turn your Steph Curry ankles into Lebron James ankles in no time!
    lol, Love it! We could help RR make some nice coin! (But honestly, I hope our roster isn't affected by these constant ankle rolls come the postseason)

ps. Anyone know why the league denied Patrick Patterson from wearing the black mask, but allowed LeBatman James to wear it? (I couldn't help but think of it last night when he was hit in the nose again after deciding not to wear it; still trying to figure out if it's a style or comfort thing?)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've rolled my ankles wearing Nikes, Reeboks, And1s, and Adidas. When you're 3 feet in the air and land on someone's foot, even construction boots won't prevent an injury.

Also, a lot of players don't actually tighten their laces. Shoes can slide on and off like loafers. In such a scenario, it makes sense that ankle support would be compromised. I don't think it's an issue of poor shoe quality.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I've rolled my ankles wearing Nikes, Reeboks, And1s, and Adidas. When you're 3 feet in the air and land on someone's foot, even construction boots won't prevent an injury.

Also, a lot of players don't actually tighten their laces. Shoes can slide on and off like loafers. In such a scenario, it makes sense that ankle support would be compromised. I don't think it's an issue of poor shoe quality.
    I agree. I've rolled my ankle in all kinds of shoes and once you do it once it's always easier to do it again. Hightops really don't do anything to prevent ankles from rolling either. Tape, now, tape really helps provide some structure but unless you are in those mobility restricting braces from Forrest Gump you can roll your ankle pretty easy.

I switched from Jordans for the same reason I switched from AF1s and Dunks: They are really heavy and hot. I have played in the same ones Amir was rocking last night (AJ1's) and the original version of Lowrys (with the purple/orange sole) and they are really well made but I prefer lightweight kicks.

And1s and the Chinese kicks are fairly crappily made.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You've never been three feet off the ground in your life hahahah

I kid.

Sort of.

Buy you're right. The original post is funny.... it answers the question immediately..... did Ross's shoe brand cause him to roll his ankle? Well, no, because he landed on a foot, but could it be because he as wearing Air Jordan shoes?

hahahah

Guys, you play hoops, you sprain ankles, its super common and very unavoidable sometimes.

The thing about jordans, say, compared to Air Force or adidas..... they have historically bee a narrow toe shoe.... so perhaps there is a bit of meat on this bone....but really... I dunno, i wouldn't say it was quality, so much as fit and design.

Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post

I kid.

Sort of.

Buy you're right. The original post is funny.... it answers the question immediately..... did Ross's shoe brand cause him to roll his ankle? Well, no, because he landed on a foot, but could it be because he as wearing Air Jordan shoes?

hahahah

Guys, you play hoops, you sprain ankles, its super common and very unavoidable sometimes.

The thing about jordans, say, compared to Air Force or adidas..... they have historically bee a narrow toe shoe.... so perhaps there is a bit of meat on this bone....but really... I dunno, i wouldn't say it was quality, so much as fit and design.
    That as well as your style of play. If you are constantly lifting off the ground, then you are putting yourself at risk to roll your ankle. If you don't wear shoes that are appropriate for the sport you are playing (e.g., wearing sandals during a basketball game), then that too will put you at an increased risk to roll/sprain your ankle.

I think with T Ross, he just came down awkwardly, and this is what happens 95% of the time.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post

I kid.

Sort of.
    I was able to dunk a basketball back in my playing days (17 years ago).

I'm 5'9". You do the math
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to dunk a basketball back in my playing days (17 years ago).

I'm 5'9". You do the math
    17yrs + slight exaggeration = Your being able to dunk?

I'm just fucking with ya brother.... I know your pain, trust me.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^Ya best way to save ankles is just wear a light, comfortable shoe and tape the hell out of your ankle.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Many players these days go with lower high-tops or low-tops altogether because it's more comfortable and easier to make cuts, and so you kind of give up safety for production.

Also as Nilanka said there's no shoe that's going to save your ankle when you land on an uneven surface after a 3 foot jump.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ski boots might do the trick, but.. well, might be difficult to run up and down the floor...

Are sprained ankles a common injury in hockey?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Thread Information