Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolled ankles caused by shoe product quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski boots might do the trick, but.. well, might be difficult to run up and down the floor...

Are sprained ankles a common injury in hockey?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Are sprained ankles a common injury in hockey?
      Ankle injuries are, but not sprains, as far as I know sprains mostly happen from rolling it and in hockey most ankle injuries are from direct contact to the ankle (stick or puck hitting it or smashing into the boards).

Funny enough in hockey, players no longer tape up their skates and some even cut off the protective part for the same reason, it gives them more comfort and a little bit of an edge so they risk the injuries. Don Cherry hates them for it.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        You broke your ankles? Ouuuuf... that's rough man, it hurts just thinking about it
        Yeah it was extremely painful ! Fuck jordans
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
          Ankle injuries are, but not sprains, as far as I know sprains mostly happen from rolling it and in hockey most ankle injuries are from direct contact to the ankle (stick or puck hitting it or smashing into the boards).

Funny enough in hockey, players no longer tape up their skates and some even cut off the protective part for the same reason, it gives them more comfort and a little bit of an edge so they risk the injuries. Don Cherry hates them for it.
          Uhhh where u get this from? Your ankles should be tight as fuck in your skates, always.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Uhhh where u get this from? Your ankles should be tight as fuck in your skates, always.
            http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/CBC%...rt=MostPopular

They tell you to tape your ankles in house league, once you know how to play you take any advantage you can.

Comment

Ive rolled my ankle several times while playing in J's. Its crazy how often it happens to me when wearing them, and Im usually not the guy that gets hurt often either.

It could be the shoes, but Ross was wearing an older model,and in all fairness, todays Jordan performance models (like the xx8/28) are quite solid performers on court.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Ankle injuries could be flukes (stepping on another guy's foot will not help), but I wonder if there is something off with the Raptors court. Could it be a bit too sticky maybe? I've played on courts before where if the court is a bit too wet/sticky (and there is ice underneath) its harder to move the foot which could cause slight ankle sprains if you are not being careful.

Ultimately I'm sure each case is just a fluke and is probably unrelated to the court or the shoe.. but it's definitely something that should be looked into if there is a potential problem.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I've rolled my ankles wearing Nikes, Reeboks, And1s, and Adidas. When you're 3 feet in the air and land on someone's foot, even construction boots won't prevent an injury.

Also, a lot of players don't actually tighten their laces. Shoes can slide on and off like loafers. In such a scenario, it makes sense that ankle support would be compromised. I don't think it's an issue of poor shoe quality.
                  You've never been three feet off the ground in your life hahahah

I kid.

Sort of.

Buy you're right. The original post is funny.... it answers the question immediately..... did Ross's shoe brand cause him to roll his ankle? Well, no, because he landed on a foot, but could it be because he as wearing Air Jordan shoes?

hahahah

Guys, you play hoops, you sprain ankles, its super common and very unavoidable sometimes.

The thing about jordans, say, compared to Air Force or adidas..... they have historically bee a narrow toe shoe.... so perhaps there is a bit of meat on this bone....but really... I dunno, i wouldn't say it was quality, so much as fit and design.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post

I kid.

Sort of.

Buy you're right. The original post is funny.... it answers the question immediately..... did Ross's shoe brand cause him to roll his ankle? Well, no, because he landed on a foot, but could it be because he as wearing Air Jordan shoes?

hahahah

Guys, you play hoops, you sprain ankles, its super common and very unavoidable sometimes.

The thing about jordans, say, compared to Air Force or adidas..... they have historically bee a narrow toe shoe.... so perhaps there is a bit of meat on this bone....but really... I dunno, i wouldn't say it was quality, so much as fit and design.
                    That as well as your style of play. If you are constantly lifting off the ground, then you are putting yourself at risk to roll your ankle. If you don't wear shoes that are appropriate for the sport you are playing (e.g., wearing sandals during a basketball game), then that too will put you at an increased risk to roll/sprain your ankle.

I think with T Ross, he just came down awkwardly, and this is what happens 95% of the time.
                    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

I never rolled my ankle landing on a foot, always was getting a toe caught on a stick floor while moving sideways

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post

I kid.

Sort of.
                        I was able to dunk a basketball back in my playing days (17 years ago).

I'm 5'9". You do the math

Comment

I swear by Kobe's shoes. On my third pair of Kobe's and haven't rolled my ankle once since I started wearing them. I've landed in positions where my ankle would have rolled in other shoes I've owned but the Kobe's gave me enough support to regain my balance.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I was able to dunk a basketball back in my playing days (17 years ago).

I'm 5'9". You do the math
                            17yrs + slight exaggeration = Your being able to dunk?

I'm just fucking with ya brother.... I know your pain, trust me.

Comment

Agreed. I wore kobes for a couple years got to 45 degrees but never went full Amir haha

Comment

on a semi-related note, anyone know if kyle lowry's peak sponsorship is over? seems like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X