Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Getting the 8th Spot Really That Great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Getting the 8th Spot Really That Great?

I know Dave and I had this discussion on the forums last night, but I thought I'd bring it up once again.

Considering how badly this team has fallen apart over the last 3 weeks or so, does squeeking into the playoffs with the last available spot really worth it or would you not prefer the lottery pick instead?

I mean, crazier things have happen with first round upsets, but can anyone honestly say right now that this current team could beat any of the possible 1st seed suitors? (i.e. Cavs, Magic, Hawks, Celts)

I know the sun shines on a dog's arse sometimes, but don't you think we're kidding ourselves that we'd do anything beyond the 1st round? I say go for the pick. JMO

Doc, is the pick they traded to Miami for this year lottery protected?

Comment

well...cavs (2-1)and magics (3-1) are probably best suited for us than hawks (2-0..which i might add the two games we lost big time) and boston (they got our numbers...we can't defend ray allen)

Comment

Only if we can get a pick with playoff experience...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Doc, is the pick they traded to Miami for this year lottery protected?
          If the Raptors make the playoffs, they lose the pick. If the Raptors do not make the playoffs, they keep the pick.

That is another argument for why the Raps should tank...not that is what I necessarily advocate. I am not sure.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
            If the Raptors make the playoffs, they lose the pick. If the Raptors do not make the playoffs, they keep the pick.

That is another argument for why the Raps should tank...not that is what I necessarily advocate. I am not sure.
            I think its another argument why the Raps should not tank because if they fail to miss the playoff's they still won't get a top 10 pick but they will owe a non lottery protective pick the following season and if Bosh bolt then you can bet this team will get a top 10 or a top 5 pick next season. I rather that Miam get their pick now (which will probably be 15th overall) instead of the Raptors farther gamble with a possible higher pick next season.

Comment

hmm. 13th pick in draft or bosh? you tell me
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If we make the playoffs Miami gets our #15th pick - If we miss the playoffs we get our 12-14 pick but give Miami OUR SECOND ROUNDER and next years non-lottery 1st rounder. So in short - make the playoffs.
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  hmm. 13th pick in draft or bosh? you tell me
                  I don't think it will impact Bosh's decision in a significant way.

I think only major extremes will change Bosh's decision to sign with Toronto.

I don't think missing the playoffs by one or two games is a big enough negative to alter that.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                  X