Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BasketballINsiders.com: Raps top story in east this season

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Wow. Didn't know that. I thought Bulls own the tie breaker because they're 2-1 against the Raps this year.
    The season series is 2-2 both teams won on the road twice
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    WARNING: BUZZ KILL COMING!

Unless he opts out for 2016-17, which right now seems like a certainty, and signs as an unrestricted free agent elsewhere.
    This is definitely looking a couple years ahead, but what do you do if you are the Raptors in 2016, and you think you've got a chance at signing a free-agent Durant, but doing so requires you to renounce bird-rights on DeRozan?
    tank-agnostic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    This is definitely looking a couple years ahead, but what do you do if you are the Raptors in 2016, and you think you've got a chance at signing a free-agent Durant, but doing so requires you to renounce bird-rights on DeRozan?
    Celebrate the signing of Durant and look forward?

The good news is that the Raps wouldn't need to renounce DeRozan until Durant is ready to sign on the dotted line. You don't need to renounce players to negotiate with free agents.

Ideally, in that situation, you look to S&T DeRozan to bring in another asset while helping to facilitate a move that DeRozan is happy with. If you can't have your cake and eat it to, you thank him and wish him well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    As it stands right now they'll have enough cap space to sign a max player without renouncing him.

But say things can always change.

Let me ask: would anyone here not trade demar for KD straight up? Renounce renounce renounce
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Mar 3rd, 2014 at 05:05 PM.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So are you tryin' to say we can keep DeMar and Durant both
    ohhhhhhhh
    please don't tell me DeMar has to leave, it would tear my heart into pieces, can't bear to see the kid go......just can't.
    Last edited by lilmamba_; Mon Mar 3rd, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They wouldn't have to renounce anything, Even if Derozan is deserving of a max contract, his cap hold is only 130% of his 9.5 mil, with Valanciunas & Ross still on rookie scale, and Lowry at 10 mil (guess) still plenty of room for a max contract. And i doubt OKC turns down a Draft pick in S&T, really nothing to worry about at all.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Ok so Durant is a lock. Now if only Phil Jackson was looking to coach...what's that? He is?....ok well let's go ahead and offer him whatever he wants then double it" - Tim Leiweke ( not really tim Leiweke)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    They wouldn't have to renounce anything, Even if Derozan is deserving of a max contract, his cap hold is only 130% of his 9.5 mil, with Valanciunas & Ross still on rookie scale, and Lowry at 10 mil (guess) still plenty of room for a max contract. And i doubt OKC turns down a Draft pick in S&T, really nothing to worry about at all.
    Ross and JV will be finished rookie deals and their cap holds right now are about $19-20M
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross and JV will be finished rookie deals and their cap holds right now are about $19-20M
    Qualifying offer is 6 mil for JV 4.8 for Ross.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    Qualifying offer is 6 mil for JV 4.8 for Ross.
    Qualifying offers and cap holds are different.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Toronto has beaten some of the top teams in the west so I wish people would fuck off about them playing in the east.
    They have shown they are good. Last game vs Golden State was a good example. They just need to avoid losses to beatable teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we have no cap room that summer, unless we let 2Pat and Amir walk in the meantime, and sign no one else past that summer. Even then, and assuming 10M per year for Lowry, you are looking at cap holds adding up to 56M. That leaves maybe 7-10M in cap space. You'd need 20M to sign Durant.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    They have shown they are good. Last game vs Golden State was a good example. They just need to avoid losses to beatable teams.
    Exactly.

For every respectable game vs. good teams, we've lost to Boston, Lakers, Sactown, Washington, and twice to Charlotte (all after the Gay trade).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it matters that much that they lose sometimes to bad teams. Bad teams beat good teams all the time . It's the overall wins and losses that matter, and the playoffs of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    I don't think it matters that much that they lose sometimes to bad teams. Bad teams beat good teams all the time . It's the overall wins and losses that matter, and the playoffs of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or more specifically.. how they lose to bad teams.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps strength of schedule up until this point has been .502

Bulls strength of schedule up until this point has been .484

Rockets: .508
    Mavericks: .502
    Suns: .504
    Heat: .482
    Clippers (highest in top 15): .519

We haven't benefited from being in the EC yet. Our schedule is about to get real soft though.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is locked u for the next little while you really think Raps would go on a serious downturn to make him opt out and not think about staying? thats the only real reason I see him leaving if the Raps go into another tail spin of bad decisions under Ujiri etc.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is locked u for the next little while you really think Raps would go on a serious downturn to make him opt out and not think about staying? thats the only real reason I see him leaving if the Raps go into another tail spin of bad decisions under Ujiri etc.
    Not exactly sure what you're referring to here. But if Derozan opts out, it will be to get more money.

19. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Raps strength of schedule up until this point has been .502

Bulls strength of schedule up until this point has been .484

Rockets: .508
    Mavericks: .502
    Suns: .504
    Heat: .482
    Clippers (highest in top 15): .519

We haven't benefited from being in the EC yet. Our schedule is about to get real soft though.
    I actually enjoyed watching this team play against tougher competition in December/January. Those Pacers, Heat, OKC, Spurs games were great, win or lose. These Raps are a bit young and have some bad habits against weaker teams. I'd honestly rather they played tougher competition all the way to the playoffs - I think they'd be better off for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Project Demar's career on his current trajectory. He'll likely have one more all-star appearance. So he'd be a two-time all-star, in the early part of his prime, on a contract that's underpaying him by that time. What player wouldn't opt out?
    @Boymusic66

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information