BasketballINsiders.com: Raps top story in east this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig wrote: View Post
    Toronto has beaten some of the top teams in the west so I wish people would fuck off about them playing in the east.
    They have shown they are good. Last game vs Golden State was a good example. They just need to avoid losses to beatable teams.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Ross and JV will be finished rookie deals and their cap holds right now are about $19-20M
      Yeah, we have no cap room that summer, unless we let 2Pat and Amir walk in the meantime, and sign no one else past that summer. Even then, and assuming 10M per year for Lowry, you are looking at cap holds adding up to 56M. That leaves maybe 7-10M in cap space. You'd need 20M to sign Durant.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        They have shown they are good. Last game vs Golden State was a good example. They just need to avoid losses to beatable teams.
        Exactly.

For every respectable game vs. good teams, we've lost to Boston, Lakers, Sactown, Washington, and twice to Charlotte (all after the Gay trade).

Comment

I don't think it matters that much that they lose sometimes to bad teams. Bad teams beat good teams all the time . It's the overall wins and losses that matter, and the playoffs of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
            I don't think it matters that much that they lose sometimes to bad teams. Bad teams beat good teams all the time . It's the overall wins and losses that matter, and the playoffs of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Or more specifically.. how they lose to bad teams.
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Raps strength of schedule up until this point has been .502

Bulls strength of schedule up until this point has been .484

Rockets: .508
              Mavericks: .502
              Suns: .504
              Heat: .482
              Clippers (highest in top 15): .519

We haven't benefited from being in the EC yet. Our schedule is about to get real soft though.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

DeRozan is locked u for the next little while you really think Raps would go on a serious downturn to make him opt out and not think about staying? thats the only real reason I see him leaving if the Raps go into another tail spin of bad decisions under Ujiri etc.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  DeRozan is locked u for the next little while you really think Raps would go on a serious downturn to make him opt out and not think about staying? thats the only real reason I see him leaving if the Raps go into another tail spin of bad decisions under Ujiri etc.
                  Not exactly sure what you're referring to here. But if Derozan opts out, it will be to get more money.
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    Raps strength of schedule up until this point has been .502

Bulls strength of schedule up until this point has been .484

Rockets: .508
                    Mavericks: .502
                    Suns: .504
                    Heat: .482
                    Clippers (highest in top 15): .519

We haven't benefited from being in the EC yet. Our schedule is about to get real soft though.
                    I actually enjoyed watching this team play against tougher competition in December/January. Those Pacers, Heat, OKC, Spurs games were great, win or lose. These Raps are a bit young and have some bad habits against weaker teams. I'd honestly rather they played tougher competition all the way to the playoffs - I think they'd be better off for it.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Project Demar's career on his current trajectory. He'll likely have one more all-star appearance. So he'd be a two-time all-star, in the early part of his prime, on a contract that's underpaying him by that time. What player wouldn't opt out?
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

If he is a man who stays true to his words, then you would have to think again about DD leaving his first NBA home.

“Loyalty – that’s what I’m based off of,” he says. “It’s just me, you know? That’s how I am with my family, with my close friends. That goes a long way with me. That’s worth more than money can pay you. As a man, that’s just how I live.” -Derozan

Aside from Derozan's impeccable work ethic and growing on-court impact, this guy is a great character in the locker room, and his attitude is beneficial to us. Keeping him around also will show the league that all stars can and should sign in Toronto.
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          If he is a man who stays true to his words, then you would have to think again about DD leaving his first NBA home.

“Loyalty – that’s what I’m based off of,” he says. “It’s just me, you know? That’s how I am with my family, with my close friends. That goes a long way with me. That’s worth more than money can pay you. As a man, that’s just how I live.” -Derozan

Aside from Derozan's impeccable work ethic and growing on-court impact, this guy is a great character in the locker room, and his attitude is beneficial to us. Keeping him around also will show the league that all stars can and should sign in Toronto.
                          But what if Toronto isn't able to pay him what he's worth?

All of a sudden, the Raptors don't look so loyal, and he's able to leave somewhere else.

Don't hold the man to impossible ideals
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X