No announcement yet.

BasketballINsiders.com: Raps top story in east this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeMar Derozan isnt going anywhere possibly the first Raptor for life and first jersey/2nd jersey we hang in the rafters! OMG So Hype.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      DeMar Derozan isnt going anywhere possibly the first Raptor for life and first jersey/2nd jersey we hang in the rafters! OMG So Hype.
      WARNING: BUZZ KILL COMING!

Unless he opts out for 2016-17, which right now seems like a certainty, and signs as an unrestricted free agent elsewhere.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Unless he opts out for 2016-17, which right now seems like a certainty, and signs as an unrestricted free agent elsewhere.
        Just another way BC screwed the team. Even offering DD that 9.5M, which was widely viewed as an overpayment, he put in a player option. Ugh.

Mind you, him opting out is pretty certain, but he could well just re-sign with the Raps.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
          Right, but division champ is the first tie-breaker, which is the point planetmars was making. If the Bulls finish ahead of us, then yes they get the higher seed, but if we finish tied (and we win the Atlantic), we get the higher seed.
          Ah, gotcha.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Technically the Bulls are the 4th seed... Raptors own the tie breaker since they are a division champ

I'm not sure if the Bulls are a better story since the Raptors were destined for the lottery after they traded who was arguably their best player in Gay. I'd say both stories are really good.
            Wow. Didn't know that. I thought Bulls own the tie breaker because they're 2-1 against the Raps this year.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Wow. Didn't know that. I thought Bulls own the tie breaker because they're 2-1 against the Raps this year.
              The season series is 2-2 both teams won on the road twice
              #BringBackUzoh

Comment

This is definitely looking a couple years ahead, but what do you do if you are the Raptors in 2016, and you think you've got a chance at signing a free-agent Durant, but doing so requires you to renounce bird-rights on DeRozan?

Comment

This is definitely looking a couple years ahead, but what do you do if you are the Raptors in 2016, and you think you've got a chance at signing a free-agent Durant, but doing so requires you to renounce bird-rights on DeRozan?
                  Celebrate the signing of Durant and look forward?

The good news is that the Raps wouldn't need to renounce DeRozan until Durant is ready to sign on the dotted line. You don't need to renounce players to negotiate with free agents.

Ideally, in that situation, you look to S&T DeRozan to bring in another asset while helping to facilitate a move that DeRozan is happy with. If you can't have your cake and eat it to, you thank him and wish him well.

Comment

As it stands right now they'll have enough cap space to sign a max player without renouncing him.

But say things can always change.

Let me ask: would anyone here not trade demar for KD straight up? Renounce renounce renounce
                    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Mar 3, 2014, 06:05 PM.

Comment

So are you tryin' to say we can keep DeMar and Durant both
                      ohhhhhhhh
                      please don't tell me DeMar has to leave, it would tear my heart into pieces, can't bear to see the kid go......just can't.
                      Last edited by lilmamba_; Mon Mar 3, 2014, 06:08 PM.
                      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

They wouldn't have to renounce anything, Even if Derozan is deserving of a max contract, his cap hold is only 130% of his 9.5 mil, with Valanciunas & Ross still on rookie scale, and Lowry at 10 mil (guess) still plenty of room for a max contract. And i doubt OKC turns down a Draft pick in S&T, really nothing to worry about at all.

Comment

"Ok so Durant is a lock. Now if only Phil Jackson was looking to coach...what's that? He is?....ok well let's go ahead and offer him whatever he wants then double it" - Tim Leiweke ( not really tim Leiweke)
                          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                          Because its 2015

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                            They wouldn't have to renounce anything, Even if Derozan is deserving of a max contract, his cap hold is only 130% of his 9.5 mil, with Valanciunas & Ross still on rookie scale, and Lowry at 10 mil (guess) still plenty of room for a max contract. And i doubt OKC turns down a Draft pick in S&T, really nothing to worry about at all.
                            Ross and JV will be finished rookie deals and their cap holds right now are about $19-20M

Comment

Ross and JV will be finished rookie deals and their cap holds right now are about $19-20M
                              Qualifying offer is 6 mil for JV 4.8 for Ross.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                                Qualifying offer is 6 mil for JV 4.8 for Ross.
                                Qualifying offers and cap holds are different.

Comment

Working...
                                X