Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors 20th Anniversary

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I just realized that the font is similar to the font used on the purple jersey's back in the day.. so forget what I just said.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeMar just said on his Facebook page that they'll be wearing that logo as a patch on their jerseys for all of next season.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see the throwback jerseys

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I don't get it.... the font selections are odd(?). And are those lightning bolts in the X's?

I do like the purple and grey, though. I would be absolutely fine with purple and grey uniforms in the theme of the Kansas State colors. Lots of opporunities for third jerseys, too.
    The font is similar to the font used on the purple jersey's back in the early days. I like it personally. And if you look closely on those purple jersey's, the pinstripe really is a lightning bolts.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

5. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they will do what the Magic did for their 25th anniversary: wear their original colour/pattern jerseys for a select few home games during the season.

I would be fine with that. I would also love to see some ex Raptors in the house to partake in the celebrations as well.

EDIT:

Here is a link for what the Magic did.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-...cs-shaq-penny/
    Last edited by YoungGunRaptor; Tue Mar 4th, 2014 at 08:49 PM.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Maybe they will do what the Magic did for their 25th anniversary: wear their original colour/pattern jerseys for a select few home games during the season.

I would be fine with that. I would also love to see some ex Raptors in the house to partake in the celebrations as well.

EDIT:

Here is a link for what the Magic did.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/01/nba-...cs-shaq-penny/
    Wear em when Carter visits with the Mavs/anyone else? That'd be kinda cool
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic Rookie Phat Farmer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote gametime wrote: View Post
    You can make a mascot that doesn't scare kids, but still appeals to the masses. The pelicans sure learned that the hard way with their mascot that scared fans (and subsequently replaced it).

Hey gametime where did you find those logos? Those look pretty awesome. Were they logos the Raptors created or were they done by someone else?

9. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
    Hey gametime where did you find those logos? Those look pretty awesome. Were they logos the Raptors created or were they done by someone else?
    Correcto mundo, yours truly - muchas gracias.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
    Those look pretty awesome.
    And here's some others. Enjoy!

12. Like YoungGunRaptor, rocwell, Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i like those more!! any reason those arent for sale on your site?

14. Like Letter N liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i like those more!! any reason those arent for sale on your site?
    Good question: I only help people/companies with branding that doesn't infringe on existing trademarks (ie. in this case we're talking about the Toronto Raptors name or their existing logo marks; so if anything includes those, you need permission from the owner for merch. reproduction).

But MLSE does have my branding documents from last May after it was covered in the media. That's also when NewEra picked up the Toronto "T" hats (note: if you live in the city, you can see Amir & Ross wearing them around every so often, too). In the end, it's all about passionate fans proudly uniting. We actually did a BIG giveaway at SickKids and UofT which was a blast! So many fans eager to rep this team! The next few years are going to be very exciting.

Anyhow, hope that helps answer your question! (PM me if you're looking for something specific and I'll see what I can help with)

EDIT: If there's enough interest for the NewEra stuff on this forum like there was on RealGM with all of those orders, one of the Mods contact me and we'll get something set up to help everyone (it'll be cost + shipping unless the Mods want to hand deliver; minimum production order I can do is 12).
    Last edited by gametime; Wed Mar 5th, 2014 at 01:36 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These are really slick.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good question: I only help people/companies with branding that doesn't infringe on existing trademarks (ie. in this case we're talking about the Toronto Raptors name or their existing logo marks; so if anything includes those, you need permission from the owner for merch. reproduction).

But MLSE does have my branding documents from last May after it was covered in the media. That's also when NewEra picked up the Toronto "T" hats (note: if you live in the city, you can see Amir & Ross wearing them around every so often, too). In the end, it's all about passionate fans proudly uniting. We actually did a BIG giveaway at SickKids and UofT which was a blast! So many fans eager to rep this team! The next few years are going to be very exciting.

Anyhow, hope that helps answer your question! (PM me if you're looking for something specific and I'll see what I can help with)

EDIT: If there's enough interest for the NewEra stuff on this forum like there was on RealGM with all of those orders, one of the Mods contact me and we'll get something set up to help everyone (it'll be cost + shipping unless the Mods want to hand deliver; minimum production order I can do is 12).
    Ahh interesting. I'd love to be able to order shirts/hoodies or something with that logo. Its slick, minimal and modern which is how I like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Ahh interesting. I'd love to be able to order shirts/hoodies or something with that logo. Its slick, minimal and modern which is how I like it.
    Alright, let me chat with the R.R. Mod-God to make it easier for everyone (regarding that crest, I have it in a format that reads Toronto Basketball, which can be used; stay tuned)

Raptors Republic Superstar lilmamba_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea what to think about this re branding thing
    I'd love to see the purple back but the font that they use for writing Toronto pisses me off
    can they just leave things the way they already are, just change the colour, bring back the pin stripes THATS IT why mess with perfection?
    What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
    The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
    No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    I have no idea what to think about this re branding thing
    I'd love to see the purple back but the font that they use for writing Toronto pisses me off
    can they just leave things the way they already are, just change the colour, bring back the pin stripes THATS IT why mess with perfection?
    But we dont have perfection lol the font on our jerseys right now is so boring and plain! And that font on the logo is from the old jerseys... Plus, they're only using this as a patch on their jerseys next year. So in that case its no big deal lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I definitely want one of those New Era hats.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really understand what everyone is talking about in their criticism of this image.

The font, the stripes/lighting, the colours, the everything is EXACTLY the things that were used on the original jerseys, from the mid to late 90's team.

It's a straight up homage and not a rebranding. Which also makes it more likely that it will be used as a publicity thing and not as the team's look going forward.

23. Like TRex, Joey, CalgaryRapsFan, rocwell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Purple is back in the House

Can I get a Fuck Yea ?

25. Like Vásquez_Valančiūnas liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuck yeah!
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information