View Poll Results: Will Gay get booed?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 64.86%
  • No

13 35.14%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Raptors fans are pretty well known for holding grudges and booing the living crap out of players that fans feel betrayed them. Very common examples being Bosh, Carter and Turkoglu. Question is: Will Gay join that list of players that we start a "booing tradition" with? Will Raptors fans actually stoop that low and boo him in his debut back to the ACC? Don't know why, but I can see Raptors fans booing Gay for some reason. Not that he deserves it one bit, but I wouldn't be too surprised...

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully not. He didn't betray the Raptors or not try or whatever, he just sucked. The trade worked out really well for us obviously, but also for him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he will get booed but he he should't . He got traded he didn't ditch us and also he didnt say anything bad about the city or the team so i would rather have people clap for him rather then boo him.

Forget Rudy i cant wait till Quincy comes, im not going to the game but if i was I would jumb out of my chair when he comes off the bench to give that man a standing ovation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Hopefully not. He didn't betray the Raptors or not try or whatever, he just sucked. The trade worked out really well for us obviously, but also for him.
    I'm more worried we will boo Gay for the reason why people booed Bargnani (which I actually forgot to included lol). Bargnani didn't ever betray the Raptors and loves Toronto. He just lacked the effort and failed to meet the expectations of fans. Gay sorta did the same thing. In his last couple months with the Raptors, he never played with much effort (probably knowing that he was gonna get traded) and the also failed to meet the expectations of fans. That's why I worry that Gay will be booed every time he comes to the ACC. If we do, I think we are deserving of being called the worst fans ever.

5. Like chch166 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    I think he will get booed but he he should't . He got traded he didn't ditch us and also he didnt say anything bad about the city or the team so i would rather have people clap for him rather then boo him.

Forget Rudy i cant wait till Quincy comes, im not going to the game but if i was I would jumb out of my chair when he comes off the bench to give that man a standing ovation
    I can see Gay getting booed and Acy getting a standing ovation lol

7. Like chch166, BigCamB, consmap liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    I can see Gay getting booed and Acy getting a standing ovation lol
    Meanwhile Aaron Gray sits at the end of the Sacramento bench saying: "Hey! Does anyone remember me???"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote consmap wrote: View Post
    Meanwhile Aaron Gray sits at the end of the Sacramento bench saying: "Hey! Does anyone remember me???"
    Nah. Cousins will get ejected in the 1st quarter and Gray goes for 25/10 against Val lol

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post

He did say he was happy to be in such a "big city" again, when he got traded to Sacramento
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm more worried we will boo Gay for the reason why people booed Bargnani (which I actually forgot to included lol). Bargnani didn't ever betray the Raptors and loves Toronto. He just lacked the effort and failed to meet the expectations of fans. Gay sorta did the same thing. In his last couple months with the Raptors, he never played with much effort (probably knowing that he was gonna get traded) and the also failed to meet the expectations of fans. That's why I worry that Gay will be booed every time he comes to the ACC. If we do, I think we are deserving of being called the worst fans ever.
    Well fans that pay their money to go watch the games deserve full effort from their players. I have no problem with fans booing players who were not trying their best. I'm still not convinced Gay wasn't trying though. I'm not sure what the reaction here was when Gay was acquired, but as someone who watched nearly all the Grizzlies games that season, I was absolutely horrified. If Fans had great expectations for Gay then they were just sorely mislead by unwarranted hype. I'm not even convinced that he played with a lack of effort. Gay, DeRozan and Casey was just a match made in hell.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Mar 5th, 2014 at 01:50 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gay never quit on the team. He was never lazy. He just wasn't that good.

Leave the booing to people who deserve it.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Rudy Gay was a triangle block trying to be forced into a square hole and that's kind of the theme with Casey.

I think booing former players is stupid anyways

except for Vince
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He really shouldn't ... seems like a nice guy who loved partying in T.O. ... can't hate on that
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    He really shouldn't ... seems like a nice guy who loved partying in T.O. ... can't hate on that
    lol Turkoglu?

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol Turkoglu?
    Haha! I dislike Turk because he whined & pouted his way out of town. Rudy gave it an honest effort; he just sucked at being the number 1 option.

Clubbing-wise, Turkoglu "called in sick" for work while Rudy clubbed with the boys & still showed up to work (with the boys). I think Rudy was a great locker room guy & was genuinely liked by everyone.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we don't boo him, that would be embarrassing and just disrespectful. The guy did nothing to deserve being booed.
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He was horrendous when he played here with us but he hasn't done anything to deserve being boo'd

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea why anyone would boo him. He did exactly what Casey asked of him... added weight to play the four and iso'd all day erryday.

But if it happens...
    "Are they booing me?"
    "Uh no... They're saying Rooo-urns! Rooo-urns!"

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt he will get booed. He doesn't deserve it, but it will happen.

You have to think about it from a casual fan's perspective. Think about all the scrutiny he faced from the media earlier in the year. He was getting hated on. And these fans boo anyone who doesn't live up to expectation.
    Last edited by isaacthompson; Wed Mar 5th, 2014 at 08:42 AM.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

21. Like RNsteve, Just Is, CalgaryRapsFan, Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree, he will undeservedly be booed. I'm glad he is gone, and things have worked out so hopefully the fans will just let it go, but I expect he gets booed.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    No doubt he will get booed. He doesn't deserve it, but it will happen.

You have to think about it from a casual fan's perspective. Think about all the scrutiny he faced from the media earlier in the year. He was getting hated on. And these fans boo anyone who doesn't live up to expectation.
    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I agree, he will undeservedly be booed. I'm glad he is gone, and things have worked out so hopefully the fans will just let it go, but I expect he gets booed.
    Yup, it's basically a lock that he'll get booed. Again, not because he deserves it, but because the storyline all year long has been "Raps are fawking AWESOME since Gay left!" :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

24. Like planetmars liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information