View Poll Results: Will Gay get booed?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 64.86%
  • No

    13 35.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 101

Thread: Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    So MLSE was supposed to know Gay wouldn't mesh with DD? What BS.
    Everyone else did....

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    74
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As long as we don't start going "thank you Gay" the same Boston did for Kessel.

    Look how that one turned out.

    Doesn't deserved to be booed. Do you always shii on all your exes because things didn't work out?
    Sometimes there really is a clean break.
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

  3. Like 2KJ liked this post
  4. #63
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ahoang wrote: View Post
    As long as we don't start going "thank you Gay" the same Boston did for Kessel.

    Look how that one turned out.

    Doesn't deserved to be booed. Do you always shii on all your exes because things didn't work out?
    Sometimes there really is a clean break.
    oh god... not with these ex comparisons again

  5. #64
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now that it's four pages in, maybe it's time to change the theme of this thread to "how loud will we cheer for Acy?" If anyone hasn't seen episode 3 of open gym, make sure to check it out.

  6. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  7. #65
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,269
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Gay never quit on the team. He was never lazy. He just wasn't that good.
    Exactly.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  8. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    If Vince never said anything, you wouldn't know the difference. Gay is having a career year since being traded.
    Career year a little bit of a stretch. Are his personal stats more important than teams won-lost record?

  9. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,889
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I thought Gay did give full effort both ends of the floor when he was here. There just was a duplication and too many isos.

  10. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  11. #68
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope not. It's not his fault that he didn't fit the system. It's not his fault his earning almost $20M/year. He did have great clutch moments for us in his short stay here (Indiana, Denver; game tying shots this season: Rockets, Portland). It just didn't work out as he's basically a taller version of Derozan, with a higher level in being clutch who gets paid like Lebron.

    But yeah you know Raptor fans. They boo Bargs who tried but just never lived up to his potential, yet they cheer Bosh who was never the franchise player, quit on the team to head to south bitch in the middle of a playoff chase and said bad things about the city.

    Quincy Acy deserves a standing ovation, as well as AIRon Grey!!!

  12. #69
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    But yeah you know Raptor fans. They boo Bargs who tried but just never lived up to his potential, yet they cheer Bosh who was never the franchise player, quit on the team to head to south bitch in the middle of a playoff chase and said bad things about the city.

    Quincy Acy deserves a standing ovation, as well as AIRon Grey!!!
    Bargs has publicly admitted to being lazy.

  13. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I thought Gay did give full effort both ends of the floor when he was here. There just was a duplication and too many isos.
    I really don't know how you could think Gay gave full effort, especially on both ends of the floor. Gay seems to be the type of player that rarely puts forth a "full" effort. If he gave full effort game in and game out, he would probably be worth his contract and be considered at the level of a Melo at least. Nonetheless, I don't think he should be booed.

  14. #71
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I really don't know how you could think Gay gave full effort, especially on both ends of the floor. Gay seems to be the type of player that rarely puts forth a "full" effort. If he gave full effort game in and game out, he would probably be worth his contract and be considered at the level of a Melo at least. Nonetheless, I don't think he should be booed.
    Eh, actually I feel that way too.

    He was on the ground a lot. He was fighting for rebounds. He was playing defense (from what I could tell).

    He was a ball stopper on the offensive end. This doesn't mean he wasn't trying.

  15. #72
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    9,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All I care about is Quincy Acy better get a standing ovation!!!!!!!

  16. Like Jclaw liked this post
  17. #73
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Eh, actually I feel that way too.

    He was on the ground a lot. He was fighting for rebounds. He was playing defense (from what I could tell).

    He was a ball stopper on the offensive end. This doesn't mean he wasn't trying.
    I'm not holding what I think of him against him. It's just the way he is. But I think he has the tools and skills to be one of the best in the league. He hasn't lived up to his potential IMO. But he wasn't any different in Memphis, and he probably isn't any different in SAC, and maybe the only difference between his success in those places relative to his lack of success here was the role he was expected to fill. Maybe he's just not cut out to be a #1. But to think he gave a full effort while he was here is delusional IMO. If Gay consistently gave a full effort, within the confines of whatever system the team was/is trying to run, then he probably would be a legit #1 and allstar/superstar. Thats just the way I see it. I'm sure he tried, but I don't think he worked hard.

  18. #74
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,246
    Post Thanks / Like

  19. #75
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The problem with Raptors fans is that they boo almost every ex-Raptor and do not need good reason for it. Gay did not have a bad attitude and gave his best on the floor, but I will not be surprised if he got booed.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  20. #76
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Bargs has publicly admitted to being lazy.
    The same guy who said he felt depressed coz he couldn't play coz he got injured and couldn't help the team.

    Anyways, my point is that Gay shouldn't be booed. He's not on the level of hatred we have for VC, Bosh, Bargs, or even Hedo.

  21. #77
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    The same guy who said he felt depressed coz he couldn't play coz he got injured and couldn't help the team.

    Anyways, my point is that Gay shouldn't be booed. He's not on the level of hatred we have for VC, Bosh, Bargs, or even Hedo.

    We shouldn't boo because this might end up happening once again. Learn from the VC experience when he was with the Nets. LOL

  22. #78
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's almost a guarantee that Gay will get booed. I just hope that this doesn't affect the Rap's heads during the game with the trade still being pretty fresh

  23. #79
    Raptors Republic Rookie ST1R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay was a triangle block trying to be forced into a square hole and that's kind of the theme with Casey.

    I think booing former players is stupid anyways

    except for Vince
    This x 1000. Other than Vince no returning player deserves to booed. And after a year or two even that shouldnt have ended. booing former players makes the fan base look like a bunch of petulant children.

  24. #80
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,520
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •