Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    link?
    Not a reliable source, but not hard to believe it

Comment

I just hope he doesn't go off on us. He seems to have a history of hurting former teams.

Comment

I got my tickets this morning. I usually boo the whole other team, so it wont be directed at just Rudy. during the game ill be embarrassed if he continuously gets boo'd. i hope the place is electric though, its my first game of the year(finally).

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          Gay didn't do a stupid interview about not trying as a Raptor, but he did improved his stats across the board after the trade.

Fans can do whatever they want. So I say yes. Boo him. They still boo the greatest Raptor ever, so why not Gay?
          They still boo the greatest Raptor ever because he was a little bitch and quit on the team. Rudy just sucked but he never quit.
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Its Toronto lol we boo all ex Raps except Calderon and Ed Davis.

Can you imagine if Colangelo had to sing the national anthem? Toronto would boo the entire ACC down.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              They still boo the greatest Raptor ever because he was a little bitch and quit on the team. Rudy just sucked but he never quit.
              If Vince never said anything, you wouldn't know the difference. Gay is having a career year since being traded.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

If Vince never said anything, you wouldn't know the difference. Gay is having a career year since being traded.
                Because he's not being asked to go out and be Kobe in sacramento lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Comment

dude if you are suggesting no one would know he quit if he didn't say as much, well I gotta disagree with that. Watching the games it was clear that the VC we all came to love never returned after that loss to Philly. And as the season progressed, it became clearer and clearer, and more and more disgusting.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    I'm more worried we will boo Gay for the reason why people booed Bargnani (which I actually forgot to included lol). Bargnani didn't ever betray the Raptors and loves Toronto. He just lacked the effort and failed to meet the expectations of fans. Gay sorta did the same thing. In his last couple months with the Raptors, he never played with much effort (probably knowing that he was gonna get traded) and the also failed to meet the expectations of fans. That's why I worry that Gay will be booed every time he comes to the ACC. If we do, I think we are deserving of being called the worst fans ever.
                    How does booing an opposing player justify being called the worst fans ever? As "Raptors" fans, we shouldn't be judged based on how we treat the opponents, we should be judged based on how we treat our own team. I personally won't be losing sleep over booing an opponent.. I really couldn't care less about booing UNLESS we're booing our own team.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      How does booing an opposing player justify being called the worst fans ever? As "Raptors" fans, we shouldn't be judged based on how we treat the opponents, we should be judged based on how we treat our own team. I personally won't be losing sleep over booing an opponent.. I really couldn't care less about booing UNLESS we're booing our own team.
                      and Raptor fans do that over free pizza you know.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                        Gay never quit on the team. He was never lazy. He just wasn't that good.

Leave the booing to people who deserve it.
                        100% agree here.

Heck, Gay's biggest problem was probably that he tried TOO hard (people seem to forget that it wasn't just Gay that was performing badly, DD was too. At the time, they were far and away the least affect wing combination in the league and were kind of laughed at because of it). He doesn't deserve to be boo'd. He might, but he absolutely doesn't deserve to. Heck, I'd cheer him (and Gray and especially Acy) just because our season turned around after he left due to the whole of his presence being filled.

Save booing for those who deserve it like Turk. I'd have said Bargnani as well but the Knicks have enough problems as is so I think the Knicks fans have reserved booing their team this season.
                        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Will he? yes.
                          Does he deserve to be? nope.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            dude if you are suggesting no one would know he quit if he didn't say as much, well I gotta disagree with that. Watching the games it was clear that the VC we all came to love never returned after that loss to Philly. And as the season progressed, it became clearer and clearer, and more and more disgusting.
                            Agreed. I would argue him giving up was even more evident ON the court than off it.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                              100% agree here.

Heck, Gay's biggest problem was probably that he tried TOO hard (people seem to forget that it wasn't just Gay that was performing badly, DD was too. At the time, they were far and away the least affect wing combination in the league and were kind of laughed at because of it). He doesn't deserve to be boo'd. He might, but he absolutely doesn't deserve to. Heck, I'd cheer him (and Gray and especially Acy) just because our season turned around after he left due to the whole of his presence being filled.

Save booing for those who deserve it like Turk. I'd have said Bargnani as well but the Knicks have enough problems as is so I think the Knicks fans have reserved booing their team this season.
                              We booed bargnani enough when he was still on the team lol

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                We booed bargnani enough when he was still on the team lol

Yeah, but those were just warm up boos. Couldn't get into real booing just in case it affected the rest of the team by association.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X