Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    So MLSE was supposed to know Gay wouldn't mesh with DD? What BS.
    Everyone else did....

Comment

As long as we don't start going "thank you Gay" the same Boston did for Kessel.

Look how that one turned out.

Doesn't deserved to be booed. Do you always shii on all your exes because things didn't work out?
      Sometimes there really is a clean break.
      Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
      Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
      Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

ahoang wrote: View Post
        As long as we don't start going "thank you Gay" the same Boston did for Kessel.

Look how that one turned out.

Doesn't deserved to be booed. Do you always shii on all your exes because things didn't work out?
        Sometimes there really is a clean break.
        oh god... not with these ex comparisons again
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Now that it's four pages in, maybe it's time to change the theme of this thread to "how loud will we cheer for Acy?" If anyone hasn't seen episode 3 of open gym, make sure to check it out.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Gay never quit on the team. He was never lazy. He just wasn't that good.
            Exactly.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              If Vince never said anything, you wouldn't know the difference. Gay is having a career year since being traded.
              Career year a little bit of a stretch. Are his personal stats more important than teams won-lost record?

Comment

I thought Gay did give full effort both ends of the floor when he was here. There just was a duplication and too many isos.

Comment

I hope not. It's not his fault that he didn't fit the system. It's not his fault his earning almost $20M/year. He did have great clutch moments for us in his short stay here (Indiana, Denver; game tying shots this season: Rockets, Portland). It just didn't work out as he's basically a taller version of Derozan, with a higher level in being clutch who gets paid like Lebron.

But yeah you know Raptor fans. They boo Bargs who tried but just never lived up to his potential, yet they cheer Bosh who was never the franchise player, quit on the team to head to south bitch in the middle of a playoff chase and said bad things about the city.

Quincy Acy deserves a standing ovation, as well as AIRon Grey!!!

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                    But yeah you know Raptor fans. They boo Bargs who tried but just never lived up to his potential, yet they cheer Bosh who was never the franchise player, quit on the team to head to south bitch in the middle of a playoff chase and said bad things about the city.

Quincy Acy deserves a standing ovation, as well as AIRon Grey!!!
                    Bargs has publicly admitted to being lazy.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                      I thought Gay did give full effort both ends of the floor when he was here. There just was a duplication and too many isos.
                      I really don't know how you could think Gay gave full effort, especially on both ends of the floor. Gay seems to be the type of player that rarely puts forth a "full" effort. If he gave full effort game in and game out, he would probably be worth his contract and be considered at the level of a Melo at least. Nonetheless, I don't think he should be booed.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I really don't know how you could think Gay gave full effort, especially on both ends of the floor. Gay seems to be the type of player that rarely puts forth a "full" effort. If he gave full effort game in and game out, he would probably be worth his contract and be considered at the level of a Melo at least. Nonetheless, I don't think he should be booed.
                        Eh, actually I feel that way too.

He was on the ground a lot. He was fighting for rebounds. He was playing defense (from what I could tell).

He was a ball stopper on the offensive end. This doesn't mean he wasn't trying.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

All I care about is Quincy Acy better get a standing ovation!!!!!!!
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                            Eh, actually I feel that way too.

He was on the ground a lot. He was fighting for rebounds. He was playing defense (from what I could tell).

He was a ball stopper on the offensive end. This doesn't mean he wasn't trying.
                            I'm not holding what I think of him against him. It's just the way he is. But I think he has the tools and skills to be one of the best in the league. He hasn't lived up to his potential IMO. But he wasn't any different in Memphis, and he probably isn't any different in SAC, and maybe the only difference between his success in those places relative to his lack of success here was the role he was expected to fill. Maybe he's just not cut out to be a #1. But to think he gave a full effort while he was here is delusional IMO. If Gay consistently gave a full effort, within the confines of whatever system the team was/is trying to run, then he probably would be a legit #1 and allstar/superstar. Thats just the way I see it. I'm sure he tried, but I don't think he worked hard.

Comment

rudy a class act

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...140306-3184285

Comment

The problem with Raptors fans is that they boo almost every ex-Raptor and do not need good reason for it. Gay did not have a bad attitude and gave his best on the floor, but I will not be surprised if he got booed.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X