Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Raptors fans are pretty well known for holding grudges and booing the living crap out of players that fans feel betrayed them. Very common examples being Bosh, Carter and Turkoglu. Question is: Will Gay join that list of players that we start a "booing tradition" with? Will Raptors fans actually stoop that low and boo him in his debut back to the ACC? Don't know why, but I can see Raptors fans booing Gay for some reason. Not that he deserves it one bit, but I wouldn't be too surprised...
    Yes
    64.86%
    No
    35.14%

Hopefully not. He didn't betray the Raptors or not try or whatever, he just sucked. The trade worked out really well for us obviously, but also for him.

Comment

I think he will get booed but he he should't . He got traded he didn't ditch us and also he didnt say anything bad about the city or the team so i would rather have people clap for him rather then boo him.

Forget Rudy i cant wait till Quincy comes, im not going to the game but if i was I would jumb out of my chair when he comes off the bench to give that man a standing ovation
      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
        Hopefully not. He didn't betray the Raptors or not try or whatever, he just sucked. The trade worked out really well for us obviously, but also for him.
        I'm more worried we will boo Gay for the reason why people booed Bargnani (which I actually forgot to included lol). Bargnani didn't ever betray the Raptors and loves Toronto. He just lacked the effort and failed to meet the expectations of fans. Gay sorta did the same thing. In his last couple months with the Raptors, he never played with much effort (probably knowing that he was gonna get traded) and the also failed to meet the expectations of fans. That's why I worry that Gay will be booed every time he comes to the ACC. If we do, I think we are deserving of being called the worst fans ever.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
          I think he will get booed but he he should't . He got traded he didn't ditch us and also he didnt say anything bad about the city or the team so i would rather have people clap for him rather then boo him.

Forget Rudy i cant wait till Quincy comes, im not going to the game but if i was I would jumb out of my chair when he comes off the bench to give that man a standing ovation
          I can see Gay getting booed and Acy getting a standing ovation lol

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            I can see Gay getting booed and Acy getting a standing ovation lol
            Meanwhile Aaron Gray sits at the end of the Sacramento bench saying: "Hey! Does anyone remember me???"
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
              Meanwhile Aaron Gray sits at the end of the Sacramento bench saying: "Hey! Does anyone remember me???"
              Nah. Cousins will get ejected in the 1st quarter and Gray goes for 25/10 against Val lol

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post

He did say he was happy to be in such a "big city" again, when he got traded to Sacramento
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I'm more worried we will boo Gay for the reason why people booed Bargnani (which I actually forgot to included lol). Bargnani didn't ever betray the Raptors and loves Toronto. He just lacked the effort and failed to meet the expectations of fans. Gay sorta did the same thing. In his last couple months with the Raptors, he never played with much effort (probably knowing that he was gonna get traded) and the also failed to meet the expectations of fans. That's why I worry that Gay will be booed every time he comes to the ACC. If we do, I think we are deserving of being called the worst fans ever.
                  Well fans that pay their money to go watch the games deserve full effort from their players. I have no problem with fans booing players who were not trying their best. I'm still not convinced Gay wasn't trying though. I'm not sure what the reaction here was when Gay was acquired, but as someone who watched nearly all the Grizzlies games that season, I was absolutely horrified. If Fans had great expectations for Gay then they were just sorely mislead by unwarranted hype. I'm not even convinced that he played with a lack of effort. Gay, DeRozan and Casey was just a match made in hell.
                  Last edited by BigCamB; Wed Mar 5, 2014, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Gay never quit on the team. He was never lazy. He just wasn't that good.

Leave the booing to people who deserve it.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Rudy Gay was a triangle block trying to be forced into a square hole and that's kind of the theme with Casey.

I think booing former players is stupid anyways

except for Vince
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

He really shouldn't ... seems like a nice guy who loved partying in T.O. ... can't hate on that
                        “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                          He really shouldn't ... seems like a nice guy who loved partying in T.O. ... can't hate on that
                          lol Turkoglu?

Comment

lol Turkoglu?
                            Haha! I dislike Turk because he whined & pouted his way out of town. Rudy gave it an honest effort; he just sucked at being the number 1 option.

Clubbing-wise, Turkoglu "called in sick" for work while Rudy clubbed with the boys & still showed up to work (with the boys). I think Rudy was a great locker room guy & was genuinely liked by everyone.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I hope we don't boo him, that would be embarrassing and just disrespectful. The guy did nothing to deserve being booed.
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X