Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Gay get booed on Friday's game against the Kings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    Bargs has publicly admitted to being lazy.
    The same guy who said he felt depressed coz he couldn't play coz he got injured and couldn't help the team.

Anyways, my point is that Gay shouldn't be booed. He's not on the level of hatred we have for VC, Bosh, Bargs, or even Hedo.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      The same guy who said he felt depressed coz he couldn't play coz he got injured and couldn't help the team.

Anyways, my point is that Gay shouldn't be booed. He's not on the level of hatred we have for VC, Bosh, Bargs, or even Hedo.

We shouldn't boo because this might end up happening once again. Learn from the VC experience when he was with the Nets. LOL

Comment

It's almost a guarantee that Gay will get booed. I just hope that this doesn't affect the Rap's heads during the game with the trade still being pretty fresh

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Rudy Gay was a triangle block trying to be forced into a square hole and that's kind of the theme with Casey.

I think booing former players is stupid anyways

except for Vince
          This x 1000. Other than Vince no returning player deserves to booed. And after a year or two even that shouldnt have ended. booing former players makes the fan base look like a bunch of petulant children.

Comment

Good article on TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=445502

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Rudy Gay was a triangle block trying to be forced into a square hole and that's kind of the theme with Casey.

I think booing former players is stupid anyways

except for Vince
              Funny, but true. I mean, if Terrence Ross can step right into Gay's spot at SF and all of sudden the unit clicks, then you gotta at least point some finger at the coaching staff.

On coaching, the question I have is: (1) was Casey telling Gay to move the ball, and Gay just was just being a douche and not listening? or (2) was Casey actually calling ISOs? If Gay was being a douche, then he should be booed. If Casey was calling ISOs for Gay, then: (a) did he actually expect that to work? OR (b) was that actually part of MU's covert tanking plan?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Funny, but true. I mean, if Terrence Ross can step right into Gay's spot at SF and all of sudden the unit clicks, then you gotta at least point some finger at the coaching staff.

On coaching, the question I have is: (1) was Casey telling Gay to move the ball, and Gay just was just being a douche and not listening? or (2) was Casey actually calling ISOs? If Gay was being a douche, then he should be booed. If Casey was calling ISOs for Gay, then: (a) did he actually expect that to work? OR (b) was that actually part of MU's covert tanking plan?
                It's embarrassing to boo Gay. It was a win win for both teams, we got better than expected value for him, financial flexibility and the opportunity at a division championship. He's doing well, he was a professional while he was here, so to boo a guy over his style of play or the banning of stat sheets is a joke and reflects poorly.

If you want to attract the best players it starts with a solid fan base, and to me personally, booing Gay reflects poorly on the whole city.

Bargnani and Turk are the exception to the rule.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

If I remember correctly, the media was questioning the entire team's low assist totals during that 6-12 start. Seemed like all the DeRozan/Lowry/Gay/Casey soundbites indicated they knew that better ball movement was required.

Based on this, in seems counter intuitive that Casey would continue to call for ISOs knowing that lack of ball movement was hurting the team.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    If I remember correctly, the media was questioning the entire team's low assist totals during that 6-12 start. Seemed like all the DeRozan/Lowry/Gay/Casey soundbites indicated they knew that better ball movement was required.

Based on this, in seems counter intuitive that Casey would continue to call for ISOs knowing that lack of ball movement was hurting the team.
                    This actually brings me back to a link I posted on the DC thread that quoted Popovich.

He mentioned that if the team is holding the ball, there's nothing he can do. He certainly didn't tell them to hold the ball, so sometimes he'd call a timeout, have his team gather round, and say, "look, figure it out, stop holding the ball," and walk away.

Sometimes you just can't get your guys to play proper basketball. And sometimes it's not for lack of effort from the players.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                      It's embarrassing to boo Gay. It was a win win for both teams, we got better than expected value for him, financial flexibility and the opportunity at a division championship. He's doing well, he was a professional while he was here, so to boo a guy over his style of play or the banning of stat sheets is a joke and reflects poorly.

If you want to attract the best players it starts with a solid fan base, and to me personally, booing Gay reflects poorly on the whole city.

Bargnani and Turk are the exception to the rule.
                      I think most players want a passionate fan base and couldn't care less if other players get booed. Booing Santa Claus reflects poorly on a city, booing Gay just shows we are paying attention.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        I think most players want a passionate fan base and couldn't care less if other players get booed. Booing Santa Claus reflects poorly on a city, booing Gay just shows we are paying attention.
                        And I have yet to see evidence of Santa-booing negatively affecting Philly's ability to attract free agents (in any sport).

Comment

Personally, I feel like people are booing Gay and Bargnani primarily because fans don't get the chance to boo the real reason why the Raptors have sucked balls the past couple years, which is Colangelo. Since they won't ever get a chance to boo him for his shitty job as a GM, Gay and Bargnani will always be surrogates for the built-up frustration BC caused since they were his biggest mistakes.

Comment

why the fuk would raps fans boo Rudy Gay? thats embarassing. I can sort of understand Carter or Bargs but Rudy Gay? pathetic.
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Well, we tried to tell them.

I cringed.

Comment

did gay get booed??

if so, lame, and torontos fanbase is much more pathetic than i first believed.

Say what ya want about leaf fans... but that shit wouldnt have happened to an ex leaf.

Raps fans need to grow the fuck up

Comment

Working...
                                X