Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who Do You Want the Raptors to Play in the First Round?

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Who Do You Want the Raptors to Play in the First Round?

So barring some team going on a crazy winning/losing streak, it looks like the Raptors will play the Wizards, Nets, or Bulls in the first round. Not taking into consideration who's going to have home court (because that's probably gonna change), who would you want the Raps to face?

No one is really ideal, but I'd go in this order:

1. Wizards
    2. Nets
    3. Bulls

I would want no part of the Bulls in the playoffs, especially if they're all healthy.

The Nets could be interesting. I don't know how good Kidd's game to game adjustments would be.

Wiz got some solid vets with playoff experience (Ariza, Nene, Miller), but I'd still totally want to play these dudes rather than anyone else.

Anyway, makes you think: Winning the first round is definitely not a gimme.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think my preferred team out of those three would be the nets. I may be underrating playoff experience but i think they are just too slow and jason kidd in his first year as a coach doesn't scare me.
    Wall scares me in a seven game series and with nene back and miller off the bench i think they would be a tough match up.
    Obviously chicago would not be a great match up because of their defensive prowess. Though it would be a hell of grind it out series. None of these teams are gonna be easy though

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the OP.

1. Wiz
    2. Nets
    3. Bulls

Wall can be dangerous, but he's most dangerous in the open floor/fast breaks, which should be limited in the playoffs, where possessions are valued more, and the game naturally slows down.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the Wizards matchup, we could definitely take them in a seven-game series. If we have a healthy Ross in the double overtime loss, that's a season sweep.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Washington definitely. Though I think the Brooklyn matchup would be seriously entertaining.

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't pick between Wash and BKN. Both can be dangerous for different reasons. I'm not sold on BKN yet as a real threat in the playoffs. Their experience is scary but the style they play is not. They will require big shooting performances from Pierce and Williams in order to advance, but I think their one on one style will be their undoing. I'm gonna go with BKN, simply because I would rather beat a team that so many thought were going to be great and of course they are in our division.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Brooklyn so we can slam the door shut on KG's career.

I don't like that guy.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post

I don't like that guy.
    That would be nice. But losing to them would make us all cry like little babies

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    That would be nice. But losing to them would make us all cry like little babies
    I think we'd have the same reaction losing to any of the 3 options
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All three teams have good post players (Noah/Boozer, Nene/Gortat and KG/Blatche) and I would say that's the Raptors biggest weakness (post defense). If JV has a bad game it will be very difficult to win.

Of the three I like my chances against KG/Blatche just because of KG's age and Blatche's low IQ. Even though the Wizards don't have vets with playoff experience like Brooklyn does - I'd personally prefer to play the Nets. Having Psycho-T on the roster will really help. So glad we have him.

11. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think we'd have the same reaction losing to any of the 3 options
    fair enough lol. I just hate the Nets

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to knicks to make the playoffs so we could have swept them

Post Thanks / Like

Bulls

I want them to taste first hand the playoffs vs. a very good, battle tested team. Really test their mettle. If they lose in the first round there's nothing wrong with that. I just want them to see what it takes. What it really takes.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Bulls

I want them to taste first hand the playoffs vs. a very good, battle tested team. Really test their mettle. If they lose in the first round there's nothing wrong with that. I just want them to see what it takes. What it really takes.
    They can do that in the second round against either Indiana or Miami.

16. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post

I don't like that guy.
    I like this idea.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dr Raptorlove : How I learned to stop worrying and love the Atlantic division

I was taking a look at the standings today and saw that we're tied with Chicago. Washington is only two games back. Brooklyn only three. We've got a few tough unpredictable games coming up. Then my heart starting beating a bit faster. I began to envision a letdown as only a toronto sports fan can....but then I saw the light. Charlotte is six games back. Big win for them last night but if we go .500 the rest of the way, they still have to do something like 16-4.
    So, however the next twenty games shake out, we will likely face one of chi, wash or bkn, maybe with home court, maybe not. No one option is a hundred times better than another one. They all hold more promise than anyone could have expected. So, sit back and enjoy the ride and maybe we'll all have a few less hairs pulled at the end of the day.

Btw, mods, feel free to merge this with battle of the Atlantic as you see fit.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    So barring some team going on a crazy winning/losing streak, it looks like the Raptors will play the Wizards, Nets, or Bulls in the first round. Not taking into consideration who's going to have home court (because that's probably gonna change), who would you want the Raps to face?

No one is really ideal, but I'd go in this order:

1. Wizards
    2. Nets
    3. Bulls

I would want no part of the Bulls in the playoffs, especially if they're all healthy.

The Nets could be interesting. I don't know how good Kidd's game to game adjustments would be.

Wiz got some solid vets with playoff experience (Ariza, Nene, Miller), but I'd still totally want to play these dudes rather than anyone else.

Anyway, makes you think: Winning the first round is definitely not a gimme.
    I guess you beat me to it with the thread. I kind of echo the same thing.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jclaw wrote: View Post
    i guess you beat me to it with the thread. I kind of echo the same thing.
    all good!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Charlotte (which would only happen if they overtake the Wizards anyway).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Wizards
    2. Nets
    3. Bulls

Definitely not Charlotte. We don't have much depth inside to cover the best big man in the league, Al Jefferson. As much as I believe in JV, he's gonna get raped in the paint.

We won the series this season vs Wizards. That Triple OT game showed that they're not to be taken lightly, but it also showed that the games would be very exciting and interesting. Should be a good series, We could take them in 6.

We have a better chance of beating the Nets imo, as they're old, but they've got champs like Pierce and KG who turns up the heat come playoff time. I would prefer them however to be the 7th seed as they're the team I believe that could upset Miami in the east, as that team was specifically constructed to beat the Heat. Too bad they struggle beating everyone else, including us lol.

Bulls are tough, they're like the micro version of the 90s Knicks. But they don't have much talent to go deep as DRose is injured. They have playoff experience too, and their bigs bully our bigs inside.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information