Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2013/14 has been a magical season for the Raptors but what does the future hold?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I want to comment on is the KD thing. If you listen to the past interviews he liked TO bc he liked the idea of going to a losing team and turning it around. It wasn't just that he was a Toronto fan, but he liked that idea.

He's already done that in OKC. Why would he leave what he's built and essentially try to start again? I love KD but that rumour makes zero sense

2. Like JawsGT liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    In my opinion, yes. Kyle Lowry has played at a franchise-player level for our team this year. He is seventh in the league in win shares, pretty much tied with Paul George. He does all the little things that help you win games and is the single biggest reason we have surpassed expectations this year.

Further, he's one of the few really terrific complements to Demar Derozan. Rajon Rondo would likely not be near as effective as KL next to DD. There are very few guys as good as Lowry who would be available for us to pursue.
    I agree, signing Lowry is a must! Too many unknowns for this team without him..

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    The only thing I want to comment on is the KD thing. If you listen to the past interviews he liked TO bc he liked the idea of going to a losing team and turning it around. It wasn't just that he was a Toronto fan, but he liked that idea.

He's already done that in OKC. Why would he leave what he's built and essentially try to start again? I love KD but that rumour makes zero sense
    True but I agree with the earlier posts stating JV & TR could be fringe all-stars at that point. Also we have to consider that the NBA landscape will be a few yrs older, we will most probably be improved and right in the mix in the east. On top of that guys like Kobe, DWade, Pierce & KG, Duncan & Parker, Dirk, will all but be done for (or very similar to the current Steve Nash model) and then guys like CP3, LBJ, KD & Westbrook, Howard, Melo, Randolph, Lowry (dare I even say) will all be entering their swan song years. Guys like DD, JV, TR could be hitting their prime at this point and ready to shine..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information