Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nando

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Nando

Why is this guy not playing?

Casey probably don't want to disturb his rotations since it is working pretty well right now, but I'm just eager to see what this guy could provide given the opportunity to play 12-15 minutes a night.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You answered the question yourself..the backcourt rotation is very solid.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014/...fore-playoffs/

Just found that article. Maybe we'll see him a couple more minutes in this season last stretch! ''Casey said he would like to get Nando De Colo [...], on the floor [...].''

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see him get some minutes as well, he looks like he could be a decent player off the bench. Maybe over these last 22 games he will get some burn as Casey attempts to lower Demar's and possibly Lowry's minutes.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The rotation is set dont fuck with whats working. Nando isnt a big name impact guy that comes in not really knowing the system and gives you a plus right away.

The trade literally meant nothing I'd be shocked if he is even here next season. Nando playing would just screw things up right now.

6. Like c_bcm liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    The rotation is set dont fuck with whats working. Nando isnt a big name impact guy that comes in not really knowing the system and gives you a plus right away.

The trade literally meant nothing I'd be shocked if he is even here next season. Nando playing would just screw things up right now.
    Unless giving him 10 minutes a game managed to rest DeMar and Landry so they didn't suffer injuries to being tired or suffering overuse. Continuing to play them at career high minutes means you are venturing into unknown territory. It looks like Lowry's ankles are suffering a little from wear and tear. Might be good to save a little until they can get into the playoffs where the games are more spread out and recovery between games is possible.

8. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter mike, prague's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    Unless giving him 10 minutes a game managed to rest DeMar and Landry so they didn't suffer injuries to being tired or suffering overuse. Continuing to play them at career high minutes means you are venturing into unknown territory. It looks like Lowry's ankles are suffering a little from wear and tear. Might be good to save a little until they can get into the playoffs where the games are more spread out and recovery between games is possible.
    I think Landry gets enough rest ... more like Lowry would need a rest here there ...

10. Like sam_paul77, Rapstor4Life, stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Nando de Colo is a very cool name!

Put Nando on the floor, see what he can do.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it matters that much. Nando's primary job is to be better than Daye was. For the playoffs the Raps need as many capable, healthy bodies available just in case. Nando, Landry, one of Stone or Buycks should be getting playing time. Being comfortable on the floor, only deepens roster options during the playoffs-- in case someone goes down.

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    Not sure it matters that much. Nando's primary job is to be better than Daye was. For the playoffs the Raps need as many capable, healthy bodies available just in case. Nando, Landry, one of Stone or Buycks should be getting playing time. Being comfortable on the floor, only deepens roster options during the playoffs-- in case someone goes down.
    I feel like Casey is already doing that. Fields had played the last two games. Casey knows his going to need fields to guard the bigger 3s in playoff. Get him into a groove going into the playoffs. Good move Coach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I feel like Casey is already doing that. Fields had played the last two games. Casey knows his going to need fields to guard the bigger 3s in playoff. Get him into a groove going into the playoffs. Good move Coach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to point out: Fields played because Ross was hurt. He played well, so last night he got 3 minutes...

Post Thanks / Like

You know he does practice with the team right? lol it's not like any playing time he gets will be the first time he's played with his new teammates
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nando is to busy making chicken
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bang on. He was traded for Austin Daye. I've never seen a fan base get so excited over a 15th man like Raps fans do. This guy should not be getting any serious minutes at all.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

19. Like Superjudge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
    Bang on. He was traded for Austin Daye. I've never seen a fan base get so excited over a 15th man like Raps fans do. This guy should not be getting any serious minutes at all.
    He was averaging 10 minutes a game for 30 games with the Spurs. I think he could be a decent back up PG.

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Spurs were playing him 10-12 minutes a night don't act like the Raps are too good for him lol All we're saying is lets see a little bit of what he's got.
    If Masai didn't trade for him so we'd have one less body rotting on the bench then I don't know what he was traded for lol

P.S. Stone/Buycks are the 14th and 15th players, not Nando :P
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally forgot we even had him. He came onto the court last night and I was like "Who the fuck is this guy???" Ohhhhhhhhhh It's Nando... Meh, it'd be nice to rest Kyle for a few extra minutes each game, but they're gunning for that 3rd seed so Nando's not likely to see much action.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I totally forgot we even had him. He came onto the court last night and I was like "Who the fuck is this guy???" Ohhhhhhhhhh It's Nando... Meh, it'd be nice to rest Kyle for a few extra minutes each game, but they're gunning for that 3rd seed so Nando's not likely to see much action.
    For me, Nando is more insurance in case we lose GV in the offseason.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've seen from Nando....I would rather play him than GV at times.

At least play him instead of that stupid 2 pg crap and let Lowry rest up his ankles for the playoffs

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Why is this guy not playing?

Casey probably don't want to disturb his rotations since it is working pretty well right now, but I'm just eager to see what this guy could provide given the opportunity to play 12-15 minutes a night.
    Nando?
    Calrissian?

Honestly, he's an ed of the bench scrub.... who cares about him.... some team of professional scouts, coaches and managers decided the completely horrible guy from toronto he was traded for was better than him.

Let that sink in.

The real question should be whether or noth he even gets a uniform under the Warm up suit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information