Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nando

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

geez guys take it easy on the guy, what do you expect, all-stars at the end of bench? Christ, why do we even employ 15 players? Based on what some of you are saying we may as well just cut the 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15th guys from the team.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    geez guys take it easy on the guy, what do you expect, all-stars at the end of bench? Christ, why do we even employ 15 players? Based on what some of you are saying we may as well just cut the 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15th guys from the team.
    hahaha

Yes, true, my bad Charles!

I was abit hard on poor Nando here..... dude might come in and hit a winner one game when we need him most, ya never know.

I'm still calling him Calrissian though.

Post Thanks / Like

4. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I never understand when people complain about end of the bench players. They are what they are, and every team has them. Most of them collect a large cheque for not even playing, so who gives a shit? I think people expect a team of all-stars sometimes... Let's concentrate more on the dudes that actually get minutess, and forget about the Landry Fields, Dwight Buycks and Julyan Stone's.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I never understand when people complain about end of the bench players. They are what they are, and every team has them. Most of them collect a large cheque for not even playing, so who gives a shit? I think people expect a team of all-stars sometimes... Let's concentrate more on the dudes that actually get minutess, and forget about the Landry Fields, Dwight Buycks and Julyan Stone's.
    The better the end of bench you have, the better practices are, the higher overall standards your team has, the more options the coach has...

There's definitely a reason to at least be aware of a team's deep bench.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How can you forget about Buycks? Don't you remember his dominating Summer League? GOAT potential right there!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    The better the end of bench you have, the better practices are, the higher overall standards your team has, the more options the coach has...

There's definitely a reason to at least be aware of a team's deep bench.
    Don't get me wrong, it's very important to have a strong bench, especially for a team without any superstars. It's just that I often hear people complaining about or praising guys that just aren't going to get minutes, whether it's with this team or with any other team. I don't wanna knock Nando, because I don't know very much about him. I do know that Casey seems pretty set in his regular lineups, and barring injury, de Colo just won't see much action at this point in the season. From what I have seen of him in the past, he seems like a guy that's gonna come in with energy and passion. Can't knock that.

Some people like to complain when these guys come in and don't do anything though. But can you really blame them if they don't get regular minutes?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, it's very important to have a strong bench, especially for a team without any superstars. It's just that I often hear people complaining about or praising guys that just aren't going to get minutes, whether it's with this team or with any other team. I don't wanna knock Nando, because I don't know very much about him. I do know that Casey seems pretty set in his regular lineups, and barring injury, de Colo just won't see much action at this point in the season. From what I have seen of him in the past, he seems like a guy that's gonna come in with energy and passion. Can't knock that.

Some people like to complain when these guys come in and don't do anything though. But can you really blame them if they don't get regular minutes?
    thats basically everyone on ross last season when he was just garbage with limited minutes. i think novak is also getting some unwarranted criticism too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    thats basically everyone on ross last season when he was just garbage with limited minutes. i think novak is also getting some unwarranted criticism too.
    I agree with Novak. Dude has been nothing but a pro when his name gets called. And if it doesn't get called? Still a pro. Stand up guy, he will prove valuable down the stretch and in the playoffs with his capabilities.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
    Nando is to busy making chicken
    Dishing deliciousness. (he's our depth for the postseason, wouldn't worry about it)

Post Thanks / Like

I was reading where Nando had asked for a trade out of San Antonio looking for a better chance to play.

Gregg Popovich said recently that Nando De Colo requested a trade earlier in the season. Were you exploring a trade all season, or did the deal with Toronto (traded Austin Daye to the Spurs for De Colo last month) just pop up last minute? RC Buford: I mean we looked for opportunities to help our team. There were times when Nando was playing a significant role that made it more difficult than other times because of injuries and such, so when opportunities became available that allowed us to help Nando accomplish his goals and give us an opportunity to look at Austin and see if he might be able to fit; I mean, often times things happen closer to the deadline than most, but it doesn’t mean that you were pursing it any harder or any less hard earlier than that. It’s just, people tend dance toward the deadline. San Antonio Express-News - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/nand....8jKu1SQc.dpuf

Still wondering why we have not given him a chance to play a little more, this guy could have an Anthony Parker type impact on the team.

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    I think Landry gets enough rest ... more like Lowry would need a rest here there ...
    This made me lol. Get Landry rest!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Those end-of-bench-players....they are still NBA players who were selected by teams in the best basketball league in the world. Some respect please. Of all the hundreds of thousands "good" basketball players in the world they stand above.

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Those end-of-bench-players....they are still NBA players who were selected by teams in the best basketball league in the world. Some respect please. Of all the hundreds of thousands "good" basketball players in the world they stand above.
    Will somebody PLEASE think of the end of the bench children? !?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Still wondering why we have not given him a chance to play a little more, this guy could have an Anthony Parker type impact on the team.
    I think it would be risky to mess with the rotation this late in the season. Stick with what's working, with some minor refinements leading up the playoffs.

Nando, unfortunately for him, isn't part of the equation.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    To be the 15th guy on an NBA team you basically were: The best player on the playground, the best player in your high school, probably the best player on your college team and if you're not from California, NY or Texas, top 5 player in your state, province, country.

And now you're ranked 51 in NBA 2K

Post Thanks / Like

who cares if they killed in HS?

Respect?

Meh, they get human respect....but as ball players, they are pine riding stiffs who are there to hold a place, and facilitate trades. Nando is no good, if he were any good, he'd be playing.

Not everyone can be good.
    But everyone gets paid.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    who cares if they killed in HS?

Respect?

Meh, they get human respect....but as ball players, they are pine riding stiffs who are there to hold a place, and facilitate trades. Nando is no good, if he were any good, he'd be playing.

Not everyone can be good.
    But everyone gets paid.
    If gay weren't traded, Ross would be riding the pine all season.

Post Thanks / Like

You dont know that so shut up.

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I think it would be risky to mess with the rotation this late in the season. Stick with what's working, with some minor refinements leading up the playoffs.

Nando, unfortunately for him, isn't part of the equation.
    I agree. I've got no interest in seeing him out there, unless it's maybe to give Kyle some extra rest? The rotation seems so solid right now, in terms of personnel. I won't get into the weird minute distributions to certain players but yeh :d

Thread Information