View Poll Results: Will the Raptors reach 50 wins?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 38.46%
  • No

    16 61.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Can the Raps get 50 wins?

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Getting the seed and rest for the starters is more important than total wins. No.

    I agree 100% with this.

    I think that if the goal was to win as many games as possible, they would probably win 50, definitely more than 47 because of those last 6 games. But for example, in the last game of the year against the knicks at MSG, if they come out swinging to give their home fans something to cheer about in their last game, do you think we should play the starters for 42 minutes just to get the 50th win?

    I think that those last 6 games are misleading. Unless our bench can win them all on their own, we are probably going to lose 2 of those because we are looking past them.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote BallaBalla wrote: View Post
    I agree 100% with this.

    I think that if the goal was to win as many games as possible, they would probably win 50, definitely more than 47 because of those last 6 games. But for example, in the last game of the year against the knicks at MSG, if they come out swinging to give their home fans something to cheer about in their last game, do you think we should play the starters for 42 minutes just to get the 50th win?

    I think that those last 6 games are misleading. Unless our bench can win them all on their own, we are probably going to lose 2 of those because we are looking past them.
    those last 6 games are vs ny twice, milwaukee twice, philly and detroit. i think our bench can handle them just fine

  3. Like JRedmond14 liked this post
  4. #23
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    501
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    those last 6 games are vs ny twice, milwaukee twice, philly and detroit. i think our bench can handle them just fine
    I agree and would love to see it....

  5. #24
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im just thrilled my guys DeMar and Ross are coming up big as a starting wing duo and we're making the playoffs +clinching the Atlantic Division title. Dont really care much for 50 Ws but it would be amazing icing on the already delicious Chocolate marble cake.

  6. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    In terms of wins, I'd be happy with anything 48 and over (franchise record) I'm pretty sure in the last prediction thread I went with 46 wins, and if we lose a couple of games we should win, that's still very likely, so I'll stick with my prediction.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  7. #26
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The only thing about that 6 game closeout is that both detroit and new york are gonna be fighting for that eighth seed

  8. #27
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ogi wrote: View Post
    The only thing about that 6 game closeout is that both detroit and new york are gonna be fighting for that eighth seed
    It's also possible that either one or even both could be decisively eliminated by then. Those teams, including Cleveland, have been so up and down and generally terrible that it wouldn't shock me if all of them went on a losing streak (Cavs right now have lost 4 in a row) big enough to screw their chances. The biggest thing working in their favour is that the Hawks are falling apart, so the 8th seed could conceivably be a 30-35 game winner, which is beyond sad. So ugly in that middle of the East.

  9. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    113
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's also possible that either one or even both could be decisively eliminated by then. Those teams, including Cleveland, have been so up and down and generally terrible that it wouldn't shock me if all of them went on a losing streak (Cavs right now have lost 4 in a row) big enough to screw their chances. The biggest thing working in their favour is that the Hawks are falling apart, so the 8th seed could conceivably be a 30-35 game winner, which is beyond sad. So ugly in that middle of the East.
    I agree, but unless the hawks can somehow close out the season decently I think they're gonna give up the eighth seed. They don't have a particularly easy remaining schedule and they face the raps two times before the end of the month.

  10. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    lol, it looks like no team wants that 8th seed. My guess is NYK will get it, and why not, they have no draft pick so may as well sneak in and get destroyed by Pacers/Heat.

  11. #30
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,184
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ogi wrote: View Post
    I agree, but unless the hawks can somehow close out the season decently I think they're gonna give up the eighth seed. They don't have a particularly easy remaining schedule and they face the raps two times before the end of the month.
    Well I believe Millsap is back. So that's a big plus for the Hawks. And actually I just looked at their schedule. It's not bad at all.

    21 games remaining. 13 at home. And enough of those games against bad/mediocre teams that should be winnable. I mean, they face Milly twice; Philly and Utah once each; games against NOP, Boston and Denver should all be winnable; and have head to head matches against CLE and DET which could be critical. All their road games are single-game trips, so they get the opportunity to build up some momentum and stay comfortable at home.

    Detroit also plays Toronto two more times, as does NY, and Cleveland plays us once. So if facing the Raps is an obstacle, it's one all the teams face.

    NY has less games, but their entire month of April (7 games) is against teams currently with winning record. That's just after coming back from a 5-game west coast trip (though they face the Lakers, Sacto and Utah on that trip). If the Knicks want to make a serious move up the standings, it has to be now. 5 of their next 6 (before going on that trip) are against shitty Eastern Conference teams. And if they build up some momentum, maybe they do well on that West coast trip with some winnable games.

    Detroit also has a fairly tough schedule. Most of their games (12 of 19) on the road, including a 4 game west coast trip, and their only multiple home-game stretch is a 2-game homestand, meaning the rest of their schedule has them constantly traveling. They play the majority of their games against good teams or teams they're fighting against for that 8th spot (13 of 19).

    Cleveland's immediate future is brutal. They have 3 games out west against PHX, GSW and LAC. Then 3 home games against MIA, OKC and HOU. In fact their whole March is brutal, as their "easiest" games are against NY and DET (both on the road) who they maybe can't afford to lose to. April isn't so bad for them, but they could be out of it by then. I could see them losing every single remaining game in March and it wouldn't surprise me at all.

    Think Cleveland and Detroit have tough schedules. Think Atlanta, while they have lots of games and face some decent/good teams, is actually pretty good because of the lack of travel due to abundant home games. NY's isn't bad in terms of record of opponents, but not great for travel and again, tough in April meaning they can't hope for a late surge.
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Mar 10th, 2014 at 04:28 PM.

  12. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,116
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ogi wrote: View Post
    The only thing about that 6 game closeout is that both detroit and new york are gonna be fighting for that eighth seed
    New York, maybe, but Detroit seems unlikely to do anything but start tanking right away. They're very unlikely to make playoffs (Hollinger gives them a 7.6 percent chance right now) and if they drop to 8th or better in the lottery, they'll keep their pick this year in a stacked draft. They have every incentive to suddenly have someone be "injured."

  13. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    those last 6 games are vs ny twice, milwaukee twice, philly and detroit. i think our bench can handle them just fine
    Maybe it is just me...

    But I would rather rest the team in games 10-5 and have them play hard and go into the playoffs on a hot streak rather than being cold from playing less in the last 5

  14. #33
    Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Maybe it is just me...

    But I would rather rest the team in games 10-5 and have them play hard and go into the playoffs on a hot streak rather than being cold from playing less in the last 5
    possibly. i just feel the style of playoff game is gonna be different anyway. at that point i'd rather a fresh starting lineup than a 'hot streak' and wasted energy vs teams that won't matter at the end.

  15. #34
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,986
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    rest the starters by playing them 25-30 minutes. don't sit them for entire games.

    they should be playing hard, feeling good, but not feeling it the next day.

  16. Like planetmars liked this post
  17. #35
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    1,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    17 games left and we now have to go 13 and 4 to reach 50 wins, starting to look less and less likely.

  18. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,714
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why would players be getting rested?

    dont kill them, but the goal is to win, period, otherwise you are tanking.

  19. #37
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    8,256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    17 games left and we now have to go 13 and 4 to reach 50 wins, starting to look less and less likely.
    I'd say we gonna tie the franchise record at 47 wins

  20. #38
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    665
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
    17 games left and we now have to go 13 and 4 to reach 50 wins, starting to look less and less likely.
    Our schedule is so easy that it would be very possible as long as we win what we're capable of.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

  21. #39
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, ON
    Posts
    1,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Why would players be getting rested?

    dont kill them, but the goal is to win, period, otherwise you are tanking.
    Yeah, definitely. Just like Pop tanked when he rested his starters in several games over the past couple years. And like MIA tanked at the end of the last few years when they rested their starters.

  22. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    1,146
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    I'd say we gonna tie the franchise record at 47 wins
    Id love to see us steal one of miami,houston, indiana.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •