Who's talking on defence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's talking on defence?

Just curious if anyone knows who on the Raptors is commanding the defence? I find it difficult to tell from the tv broadcasts, but was wondering which players primarily fill the Tyson Chandler/Tim Duncan role and is doing most of the talking/communicating while on defence. It seems like an important role, but I have no idea which guys on this roster fill it. My gut tells me it should be a big because they generally have the best view of all, but I'm doubting Valanciunas is there yet. Is Amir defence-minded enough to the point where he's barking instructions at his teammates? What about players off the bench?

Good question, and I have no idea.

Comment

Hard to figure it out when you are watching on TV but it seems like Lowry or GV are doing most of the talking. Although the camera always watches the ball not the action so can't say for sure.

Comment

Casey and Lowry probably lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Well ideally it's the center of PF since they're close to the rim and can see the whole court. I'd guess it's Johnson over JV though since he's more experienced and has a greater grasp of defence. Casey is obviously yelling every second of the game as well though.

Comment

was watching a very functional Raps D from the 3rd row last night - Patrick Patterson is active and vocal. This guy is def a keeper - he is solid all around!

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              Well ideally it's the center of PF since they're close to the rim and can see the whole court. I'd guess it's Johnson over JV though since he's more experienced and has a greater grasp of defence. Casey is obviously yelling every second of the game as well though.
              I have to agree. I think Amir would be a logical choice since he sees just about everything in front of him. I wasn't really looking for it the other night at the Kings game, but Casey sure does pace the sidelines screaming. haha Speaking of Casey, his suit pants are very wide legged, kinda like it was 2001 or something. #GoSeeSaul

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
                was watching a very functional Raps D from the 3rd row last night - Patrick Patterson is active and vocal. This guy is def a keeper - he is solid all around!
                If I may, how much did you pay for 3rd row?

Comment

Casey mostly Casey you can hear it all game lol.

Comment

From what I have seen Lowry tries to be a leader out there, but does most of his talking after the whistle blows. Trying to settle guys down, talking specific strategy. He seems not to be able to reign himself in when he is on tilt though. Casey is the one yelling out the defensive assignments during the play. Aside from the obvious "Pick Left" or "Switch" kind of calls what do you expect the on-court players to do defence wise.
                    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Definitely Casey

Comment

Don't know, but my money would be on Amir
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

and the answer (courtesy of a question by our DDL)

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments...ptors_here_to/

[–]Raptorsddaylewis 54 points 1 hour ago*
                          Who talks on D? Who is the most vocal and who calls out the opposing team’s plays?
                          [–]Raptors Forward Terrence Ross!TerrenceRoss[S] 140 points 1 hour ago
                          kyle lowry. always. before every play i ask him, 'yo what they running?'.
                          usually the team come down the court, lowry will recognize the play and call out what they're doing.

Comment

Ideally you don't want someone to have to constantly step up and tell people who to guard, it means that guys aren't in the right place on D.
                            limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                              Ideally you don't want someone to have to constantly step up and tell people who to guard, it means that guys aren't in the right place on D.
                              well communication is pretty much the most important thing about team D. so the more talking the better right?
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X