Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread: Raptors @ Timberwolves -- March 9th, 2014 @7pm

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone notice salmons is really starting to fall off still a good guy dont get me wrong but the little shots he does take hes been bricking lately. Patterson has to come back he and Vasquez are the most important guys of the second unit, Fields would be great over Salmons if he could score.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Anyone notice salmons is really starting to fall off still a good guy dont get me wrong but the little shots he does take hes been bricking lately. Patterson has to come back he and Vasquez are the most important guys of the second unit, Fields would be great over Salmons if he could score.
    Fields can score he just can't shoot. Look at the game where he started recently. I think they should think about playing Fields because Salmons isn't scoring anymore either. At least Fields can finish at the basket and can slash. He also moves well without the ball. If Salmons isn't hitting his three or that mid range shot he's pretty worthless on offense.

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Fields can score he just can't shoot. Look at the game where he started recently. I think they should think about playing Fields because Salmons isn't scoring anymore either. At least Fields can finish at the basket and can slash. He also moves well without the ball. If Salmons isn't hitting his three or that mid range shot he's pretty worthless on offense.
    Was reading in the post the other day how salmons has like the best plus minus on the team or something. It's likely because he generally plays with the bench unit, which crushes the opposition every time theyre on the court... but still, must mean something

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yep his immediate post-trade magic is wearing off. still a serviceable player but would rather Ross be taking the majority of minutes.

5. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    Was reading in the post the other day how salmons has like the best plus minus on the team or something. It's likely because he generally plays with the bench unit, which crushes the opposition every time theyre on the court... but still, must mean something
    Well he's a smart player and for his age is a pretty good defender. He also is somebody who can handle the ball and more often than not make smart decisions so that might be why. He also doesn't let missing shots affect the rest of his game. So he isn't horrendous I just think Fields can do those things and more even without a shot right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Well he's a smart player and for his age is a pretty good defender. He also is somebody who can handle the ball and more often than not make smart decisions so that might be why. He also doesn't let missing shots affect the rest of his game. So he isn't horrendous I just think Fields can do those things and more even without a shot right now.
    i dont think so. fields doesnt have a midrange shot like salmons does, who despite the slump, is still shooting above league average from those areas. fields doesnt have a corner 3 like salmon does. salmons also has amazing chemistry with patterson in the second unit, who is arguably our #1 option in that lineup. defensively, salmons is just as good at least with the eyeball test. so i'm not sure what you think fields offers more over salmons really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    i dont think so. fields doesnt have a midrange shot like salmons does, who despite the slump, is still shooting above league average from those areas. fields doesnt have a corner 3 like salmon does. salmons also has amazing chemistry with patterson in the second unit, who is arguably our #1 option in that lineup. defensively, salmons is just as good at least with the eyeball test. so i'm not sure what you think fields offers more over salmons really.
    I'm shocked Salmons shoots at league average from the mid range. From the eye test it looks like he misses his mid range jumper more than he hits it. I cringe when he takes that shot. His three ball has fallen off but he's definitely a better three point shooter than Fields. I guess I believe Fields would be just as good as a defender or maybe even better and even though Fields can't shoot he would score more points because he's pretty good at finding other ways to score even though his shot isn't falling.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't recall the last time Salmons hit a 3 -- and he gets A LOT of open looks.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess for the most part Salmons plays good defense arguable as good as Fields? debatable scouts know Fields is shooting ridiculously low percentages right now and besides slashing you can cheat on him defensively. Salmons however still should be able to hit wide open looks regardless of how hes shooting at the moment and he still must be covered behind the arc so I guess Casey plays him over Fields knowing this?

My point is Salmons is likely gone after this season Fields we still have into next season its time we get something from all that money we are giving him and either Ujiri trades him as an expiring or we resign after next season dirt cheap cause at this point he may be out of the league if he still cant hit open shots remaining a role player in toronto.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me get this straight.....Novak helps us win a big game and we get an extra first round pick in 2016? Have fun Phil.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

12. Like stooley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess for the most part Salmons plays good defense arguable as good as Fields? debatable scouts know Fields is shooting ridiculously low percentages right now and besides slashing you can cheat on him defensively. Salmons however still should be able to hit wide open looks regardless of how hes shooting at the moment and he still must be covered behind the arc so I guess Casey plays him over Fields knowing this?

My point is Salmons is likely gone after this season Fields we still have into next season its time we get something from all that money we are giving him and either Ujiri trades him as an expiring or we resign after next season dirt cheap cause at this point he may be out of the league if he still cant hit open shots remaining a role player in toronto.
    yah thats one way to look at it. the other i suppose is with fields on the floor, you may not be wasting as many possessions with a missed shot from salmons. i dunno. not sure if i prefer one over the other really.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw...just watching the replay now. Love the play where Hayes misses a chip shot, he tips the rebound to lowry, lowry funnels it out to Novak...you can hear the entire crowd moan as he catches and releases it for a three. Great sound.
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What we're getting from Salmons right now is what I expected when we made the trade. The good stretch for a few games post-trade was just a bonus.

There's no reason Ross shouldn't be consistently getting 30-32 minutes a game.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Thread Information