Triano Might Finally Change the Starting Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Might Finally Change the Starting Lineup

So, any predictions as to what the change might be? My guess is is that he'll just swap Jack and Jose. Nothing too outrageous.

Any other predictions?

Courtesy of Holly MacKenzie:

"I would think probably." - Jay Triano on if there will be changes to the lineup on Wednesday against the Hawks
    Source - Click here

Jay needs to think a little bigger

This really isn't a huge deal the raptors are lucky to be one of the few teams that have two relieble point gaurds the real problem is turkoglu who i belive should be subbed with amir jonson

Comment

It's likely Calderon for Jack. Which won't make a lick of difference. Actually may be a bit negative as I like Calderon coming in and pairing with Johnson.
      http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Lineup changes ain't gonna help. Unless it is Banks for Calderon, and anybody for Bargs, the defense will still suck.
        I Am Shutup

Comment

the problem is defence. so unless the sub reflects that, it is useless.

therefore, Calderon for Jack will just see us getting upset at Calderon again for his poor defence, and not being as effective as he has been coming off the bench

Comment

DeMar. Out.

He's a decent prospect but we can't win with a decent prospect starting against some of the deadliest players in the league. Antoine Wright would be the best bet for the starting lineup right now and the only change I'd make.

Comment

RAPT0RS! wrote: View Post
              This really isn't a huge deal the raptors are lucky to be one of the few teams that have two relieble point gaurds the real problem is turkoglu who i belive should be subbed with amir jonson
              you want to sub a PF/C for a SF? That makes no sense.

The obvious weakest link is Turkoglu, but they're never bench him in favour of Weems.

Comment

I don't think changing the starting lineup is going to change anything.

Not unless it's Bargnani going to the bench and Amir taking his place as a starter.

I don't think switching either of the guards spots will have any significant effect.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Switch out the entire team for D leaguers, Golden State did it to great effect against us.

Comment

Let's try something completely different.

Starters

Bosh - Johnson - Weems
                    Calderon - DeRozan

Basically call every play to be Calderon-Bosh like the Smitch days, but fill out the starters with athletic young guns to play D, create havoc and take whatever comes their way without having anything called for them,

On most nights, the 3 young starers wont play more than 20 mins, leaving plenty of time for the guys on the bench.

Sub in Bargnani, Turkoglu and Jack early, to keep Calderon and Bosh fresh, and Johnson out of foul trouble. These three guys should end up laying more minutes that Johnson/Weems/DeRozan most nights, despite not starting. Throw in Wright as a stopper when Weems or DeRozan get over their head on D.

Stick with those 9 guys, using Evans, Belinelli, and Banks only rarely.

Comment

All of you Johnson fans lets get this straight.

He won't be starting again this year unless there were to be an injury to CB4 or Bargnani that would keep them off the court.

Two possible changes

Wright for DeRozan
                      Calderon for Jack

Making both of those changes would open the court even more on offense in the first quarter as Calderon and Wright are better three point shooters than Jack and DeRozan. This would hopefully allow the Raptors to score more in the first quarter and not fall behind. Same as in the third quarter.

Those are the two changes I would make.
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Calderon going into the starting line up with Hedo still there will only amplify the problems even moreso. I hope Triano does this and the team gets pummeled into oblivion so everyone understands this.

Comment

I'd dress Banks and sub him in for DeMar if the opposing PG starts carving up our defense. I'd let him cover the PG and run/share the point with JJ or Jose. Its not like DeMar is giving us much offense anyways and it would slow down or at least make it more difficult for the opposition PG.

Comment

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas...cherreport.com
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

@LBF those are my thoughts exactly on the Banks situation.

I also dont see why everyone thinks Antoine Wright is a defensive stopper?? IMO Weems has quicker feet and shows more effort on defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X