Quote lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
    LALALALAL DIDN'T HEAR ANYTHING LALALA *plugs ears**closes eyes* LALLALALALA
    How can you not love this kid????

hahahaha

2. Like lilmamba_ liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    This loss more worries me for the playoffs than the rest of this season. I think Raps will continue to play well and win games the rest of the season. I just really want us to get out of the first round, especially if we're the higher ranked seed. I don't want a replay of us losing to the Nets in the first round when we were the third ranked team. Even though we both went 2-2 in the season series I don't really think it's that equal between us. One of our wins against them came because they were on a back to back and their legs completely gave out in the fourth. Back to Backs don't happen in the playoffs. The other win was the Patrick Patterson steal and difficult shot he made. The likelihood of something like that happening, especially in the playoffs, are 1 in a million. But I guess if you're fine with them just making the playoffs and getting the experience and you don't care too much for them to win a round, then a loss like this and the losses to Chicago and Washington wouldn't worry you. I'm not saying it's a disaster but it is worrisome. To me those loses show that we still aren't quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality. They aren't just going to magically become ready for it when the playoffs start. I guess I should lower my expectations as you guys have said and not expect us to win in the first round (unless it's Washington). I should just appreciate that we are going to make the playoffs and gain experience no matter what seed we end up as (no sarcasm).
    First bold - I'm pretty sure i can say that we ALL want them to get out of the first round.

Second bold - If you think they're better than us, then why all the fuss? Let's face it....No one predicted we would even be in this situation right now. NO ONE. Just because we're the 3rd seed doesn't mean we are where we need to be either. There is a whole lot of growing up left for DD, TR, JV, GV and others(all who play major roles on this team). To expect them to beat a talented veteran team like Brooklyn or Chicago is a bit unrealistic. Is it possible? Of course, anything is possible.

Third bold - For your sanity, you should probably lower your expectations.

This is why i feel the need to remind people that we're still a very young and inexperienced team. Yes, we have some vets. BUT the players playing the most minutes are very young and will only get better by experiencing games like last night and in the playoffs. Patience is important when your dealing with inexperienced players. What i love about this team is their never quit attitude. You have to respect a team that never gives up and believes that they can win against anyone. This belief will definitely help them in the playoffs.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    you're worried? NO WAY.

and who really cares if this team makes it to the second round or not. its fun to think about, but thats about it. the team is going to change again next year. lowry might not even be here. we may not even make the playoffs next year and could go into rebuilding mode once we jettison our expirings. who knows.

its pretty fucking obvious this team isn't 'quite ready for playoff like intensity and physicality'. THEY'VE NEVER BEEN IN THE PLAYOFFS. you don't have to lower your expectations. you just have to chill the fuck out.
    I guess you're right, but at the same time I hope none of that happens

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

meh....you dont have to chill out....you wanna go crazy, go crazy....thats what makes it all fun to wacth

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    First bold - I'm pretty sure i can say that we ALL want them to get out of the first round.

Second bold - If you think they're better than us, then why all the fuss? Let's face it....No one predicted we would even be in this situation right now. NO ONE. Just because we're the 3rd seed doesn't mean we are where we need to be either. There is a whole lot of growing up left for DD, TR, JV, GV and others(all who play major roles on this team). To expect them to beat a talented veteran team like Brooklyn or Chicago is a bit unrealistic. Is it possible? Of course, anything is possible.

Third bold - For your sanity, you should probably lower your expectations.

This is why i feel the need to remind people that we're still a very young and inexperienced team. Yes, we have some vets. BUT the players playing the most minutes are very young and will only get better by experiencing games like last night and in the playoffs. Patience is important when your dealing with inexperienced players. What i love about this team is their never quit attitude. You have to respect a team that never gives up and believes that they can win against anyone. This belief will definitely help them in the playoffs.
    Us being a young team and relying on young players is very true and because of that I should lower my expectations. Brooklyn and Chicago just have too many vets. Anything can happen as you said but the likelihood of us beating Brooklyn in the playoffs is pretty low. I will try my best to just enjoy the growth this team has shown and keep in mind that they're still young and will have their struggles in the playoffs. But them experiencing it and hopefully learning from it is what matters most.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    meh....you dont have to chill out....you wanna go crazy, go crazy....thats what makes it all fun to wacth
    I know your avatar is Lando, but my peripheral vision keeps seeing:

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Us being a young team and relying on young players is very true and because of that I should lower my expectations. Brooklyn and Chicago just have too many vets. Anything can happen as you said but the likelihood of us beating Brooklyn in the playoffs is pretty low. I will try my best to just enjoy the growth this team has shown and keep in mind that they're still young and will have their struggles in the playoffs. But them experiencing it and hopefully learning from it is what matters most.
    The funny thing is while we're all worried about the 3rd seed, you gotta figure if things don't change much by the end of the month and we're pretty secure to win the division and stay top 4, BKL will be trying to find a way to get us in the playoffs. There's no way they want Chicago (assuming Chicago stays in the top 4). Generally the bottom seeded teams will be gunning for the Raps as the easiest first round matchup from the top 4.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

is that Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    is that Neil deGrasse Tyson?
    lol ya. Been watching/reading about 'Cosmos' a little too much lately :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad your starting to see things in the right perspective. This doesn't mean you can't go nuts when the playoffs start..... it just means you understand the process. DD, TR and JV will benefit BIG TIME from having playoff experience. Things are different during the playoffs.....the intensity is insane.....the refs call fouls differently....our young guys will experience this. That is what's important moving forward(imo). PLUS we'll be able to see what we have in some of these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I'm glad your starting to see things in the right perspective. This doesn't mean you can't go nuts when the playoffs start..... it just means you understand the process. DD, TR and JV will benefit BIG TIME from having playoff experience. Things are different during the playoffs.....the intensity is insane.....the refs call fouls differently....our young guys will experience this. That is what's important moving forward(imo). PLUS we'll be able to see what we have in some of these guys.
    Very true. Lol I'm working on it but it's definitely hard. Patience is key I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The funny thing is while we're all worried about the 3rd seed, you gotta figure if things don't change much by the end of the month and we're pretty secure to win the division and stay top 4, BKL will be trying to find a way to get us in the playoffs. There's no way they want Chicago (assuming Chicago stays in the top 4). Generally the bottom seeded teams will be gunning for the Raps as the easiest first round matchup from the top 4.
    Well we have the least amount of experience so it makes sense for the other teams to think like that. Hopefully we can prove them wrong

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Well you got this part right.
    No athlete in pro sports, anyhwere, worth his salt would let you say that without smacking your lips off. These guys aren't here for excuses or "moral victories". Moral Victory is a term made up by media people, not coaches or players..... its ridiculous.

The fact thi steam is hot is EXACTLY why Toronto needed this win. It was a bad loss, and they all know it. The bounce back will be telling of who they are, and where they are as a team right now. They should come out next game ready to work.....HARD.
    Man there's a lot of suicidal people after last nights game. I've had some big disappointing losses this year, this one I was able to shrug off. It wasn't a lack of effort, for one.

Did anyone here really think we'd sweep the nets if we played them in the playoffs? Then why get so panicky? I'm sure everyone understands that in a best of 7 they'd probably steal a game or two, correct? Well that's what happened here. One game does not a better team make. For an extreme example, the Sixers beat the heat earlier this year.

Always remember: the other team is trying too, probably just as hard. Th raptors certainly didn't corner the market on "heart and hustle"

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
    Dwane Casey says: Pound the Gay!!

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Side note. I love Brooklyn's 'theatre style' with the crowd In the dark and the court lit up. An organized crowd could really fuck with a team.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post

More likely closer in intellect. :P

Thread Information