Game #62: Toronto Raptors 97 - Brooklyn Nets 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig wrote: View Post
    meh....you dont have to chill out....you wanna go crazy, go crazy....thats what makes it all fun to wacth
    I know your avatar is Lando, but my peripheral vision keeps seeing:

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      Us being a young team and relying on young players is very true and because of that I should lower my expectations. Brooklyn and Chicago just have too many vets. Anything can happen as you said but the likelihood of us beating Brooklyn in the playoffs is pretty low. I will try my best to just enjoy the growth this team has shown and keep in mind that they're still young and will have their struggles in the playoffs. But them experiencing it and hopefully learning from it is what matters most.
      The funny thing is while we're all worried about the 3rd seed, you gotta figure if things don't change much by the end of the month and we're pretty secure to win the division and stay top 4, BKL will be trying to find a way to get us in the playoffs. There's no way they want Chicago (assuming Chicago stays in the top 4). Generally the bottom seeded teams will be gunning for the Raps as the easiest first round matchup from the top 4.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

is that Neil deGrasse Tyson?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          is that Neil deGrasse Tyson?
          lol ya. Been watching/reading about 'Cosmos' a little too much lately :|

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            Us being a young team and relying on young players is very true and because of that I should lower my expectations. Brooklyn and Chicago just have too many vets. Anything can happen as you said but the likelihood of us beating Brooklyn in the playoffs is pretty low. I will try my best to just enjoy the growth this team has shown and keep in mind that they're still young and will have their struggles in the playoffs. But them experiencing it and hopefully learning from it is what matters most.
            I'm glad your starting to see things in the right perspective. This doesn't mean you can't go nuts when the playoffs start..... it just means you understand the process. DD, TR and JV will benefit BIG TIME from having playoff experience. Things are different during the playoffs.....the intensity is insane.....the refs call fouls differently....our young guys will experience this. That is what's important moving forward(imo). PLUS we'll be able to see what we have in some of these guys.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              I'm glad your starting to see things in the right perspective. This doesn't mean you can't go nuts when the playoffs start..... it just means you understand the process. DD, TR and JV will benefit BIG TIME from having playoff experience. Things are different during the playoffs.....the intensity is insane.....the refs call fouls differently....our young guys will experience this. That is what's important moving forward(imo). PLUS we'll be able to see what we have in some of these guys.
              Very true. Lol I'm working on it but it's definitely hard. Patience is key I guess.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                The funny thing is while we're all worried about the 3rd seed, you gotta figure if things don't change much by the end of the month and we're pretty secure to win the division and stay top 4, BKL will be trying to find a way to get us in the playoffs. There's no way they want Chicago (assuming Chicago stays in the top 4). Generally the bottom seeded teams will be gunning for the Raps as the easiest first round matchup from the top 4.
                Well we have the least amount of experience so it makes sense for the other teams to think like that. Hopefully we can prove them wrong
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                  Well you got this part right.
                  No athlete in pro sports, anyhwere, worth his salt would let you say that without smacking your lips off. These guys aren't here for excuses or "moral victories". Moral Victory is a term made up by media people, not coaches or players..... its ridiculous.

The fact thi steam is hot is EXACTLY why Toronto needed this win. It was a bad loss, and they all know it. The bounce back will be telling of who they are, and where they are as a team right now. They should come out next game ready to work.....HARD.
                  Man there's a lot of suicidal people after last nights game. I've had some big disappointing losses this year, this one I was able to shrug off. It wasn't a lack of effort, for one.

Did anyone here really think we'd sweep the nets if we played them in the playoffs? Then why get so panicky? I'm sure everyone understands that in a best of 7 they'd probably steal a game or two, correct? Well that's what happened here. One game does not a better team make. For an extreme example, the Sixers beat the heat earlier this year.

Always remember: the other team is trying too, probably just as hard. Th raptors certainly didn't corner the market on "heart and hustle"

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Side note. I love Brooklyn's 'theatre style' with the crowd In the dark and the court lit up. An organized crowd could really fuck with a team.
                    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                    Because its 2015

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post

More likely closer in intellect. :P

Comment

Working...
                      X