Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything Kyle Lowry

Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Everything Kyle Lowry

Came across a little gem on ESPN, couldn't find a real Kyle Lowry thread, so here it is.

ESPN ranks Kyle Lowry as the 13th best free agent this year, although they do count a bunch of guys who may not opt out (Melo, Lebron, Bosh, etc.).

Here's the article (insider) :

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...ee-agents-2014

They peg Lowry's Suggested AAV (average annual value) as $8.5 million for 3 years, which would make me thrilled.

Here's the write up:

Along with Stephenson, arguably no player has increased his market value this season as much as Lowry did, playing at what should have been considered an All-Star level and being the main driving force behind Toronto's ascension into the playoff picture (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference). His caustic personality hasn't gone away, and he is 27, so he doesn't get the full bump to an eight-figure AAV.
    Lowry's shooting troubles of late may actually help that very team friendly deal come to fruition.
    Last edited by stooley; Mon Mar 10th, 2014 at 05:30 PM.

2. Like Axel, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

9.5 to match DeMar for 4 yrs(team option on the last)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would give him at least 8 million.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

8.5-10

I really really hope, for the sake of team flexibility that we do not pay above 10mil for Lowry's extension.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

6. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with the OP.

A bit of digression. Each time I watch the Nets play I am impressed with Livingston. He becomes a UFA after the season. Many of u probably know his history and he comes across as a good team player. How good would he be as the backup PG on the Raps? He is currently on a vet minimum I believe and with Brooklyn in cap hell he might be gettable.

8. Like YoungGunRaptor, Uncle_Si liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

QUOTE# (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference)

They still spinning this shit???????

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure how much Kyle is worth, but he definitely deserved his own thread here!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OzRapFan wrote: View Post
    QUOTE# (although both of those facts should be tempered by the reality that he's done it in the Eastern Conference)

They still spinning this shit???????
    With that logic Lebron should not be winning any MVP awards cause he's in the East as well

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Agree with the OP.

A bit of digression. Each time I watch the Nets play I am impressed with Livingston. He becomes a UFA after the season. Many of u probably know his history and he comes across as a good team player. How good would he be as the backup PG on the Raps? He is currently on a vet minimum I believe and with Brooklyn in cap hell he might be gettable.
    I'd love to have him, I've been very impressed with his play in the limited minutes I've seen him.

Post Thanks / Like

The thing I hate the most about Lowry is all the complaining he does to the refs. I think he does it so much, that it is to the point where it may actually be a detriment to the team. I love his emotion, but he's got to lay off the refs and just accept that bad calls are made throughout the course of every NBA game.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Masai needs to think with "clear head" b4 he makes any decisions... We had not one, not two, but few games where point guards were torching us because of Lowry's gambles and his size. Yeah I know, I know you take this kid out of this team and we're pretty much done, but if Masai manages to pull magic Ujiri to get something good from S&T then I would say go for this good

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    The thing I hate the most about Lowry is all the complaining he does to the refs. I think he does it so much, that it is to the point where it may actually be a detriment to the team. I love his emotion, but he's got to lay off the refs and just accept that bad calls are made throughout the course of every NBA game.
    All the best players in the league do it. It's like they've figured out how to manipulate refs or something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote wallz wrote: View Post
    All the best players in the league do it. It's like they've figured out how to manipulate refs or something lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It must be annoying for the refs though. Having a guy protest as often as Lowry does, and in the manner he does, must just drive the refs crazy. I'm surprised he gets the calls he does.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    It must be annoying for the refs though. Having a guy protest as often as Lowry does, and in the manner he does, must just drive the refs crazy. I'm surprised he gets the calls he does.
    Fuck the refs I dont ever feel bad for them lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NBA uploaded a Kyle Lowry highlight video for his 28th today:

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Just Is wrote: View Post
    NBA uploaded a Kyle Lowry highlight video for his 28th today:

lol, 5 min job. c'mon NBA.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

21. Like stooley liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sit him as long as possible. Need him at 10000%

Hell sit Amir too while we are at it, gonna need him as well.

Raptors Republic All-Star Raptorsnz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question for the sake of it, but would you guys rather pay Rubio or Lowry around $10 million a year? (Which I think is what they're both roughly worth, even though I think Rubio will get overpaid). I'm not saying we should sign Rubio either, don't worry.

Lowry's better now obviously, but Rubio has a lot more potential if he ever actually learns how to shoot. They're both good defenders as well, steals don't say everything obviously but Rubio does lead the NBA in that category.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Just a question for the sake of it, but would you guys rather pay Rubio or Lowry around $10 million a year? (Which I think is what they're both roughly worth, even though I think Rubio will get overpaid). I'm not saying we should sign Rubio either, don't worry.

Lowry's better now obviously, but Rubio has a lot more potential if he ever actually learns how to shoot. They're both good defenders as well, steals don't say everything obviously but Rubio does lead the NBA in that category.
    Lowry.

I really like having a scoring threat at the 1....and Rubio is anything but a scoring threat.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Thread Information