Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess wrote: View Post
    Well, disregarding whatever "slowing him down" means, I'm starting to think some of us (myself included) could be so focused on the elbow thing because if that's not the case, then it's just his nerves and that's much scarier.
    I don't. That's actually far better. Slumps happen to everyone. If it's a slump it can be corrected now, anytime. Anything is possible in that case and as I said earlier, it looks like it's his confidence. I see nothing in his shot to suggest there's a mechanical injury changing or disrupting his usual form. Does anyone see that? There's a lot of assumption but has anyone pinpointed an issue with his mechanics? It looks like he's putting a little too much on his shots and to me that's nerves/confidence/mentally uncomfortable.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      I don't. That's actually far better. Slumps happen to everyone. If it's a slump it can be corrected now, anytime. Anything is possible in that case and as I said earlier, it looks like it's his confidence. I see nothing in his shot to suggest there's a mechanical injury changing or disrupting his usual form. Does anyone see that? There's a lot of assumption but has anyone pinpointed an issue with his mechanics? It looks like he's putting a little too much on his shots and to me that's nerves/confidence/mentally uncomfortable.
      I agree. It being nerves or whatever is much much better because you can get over that. If it's the elbow this will be a problem for the rest of the playoffs. I haven't noticed anything mechanical either but I'm also not good at catching those things. His shots did seem rushed though and he did admit that George and Hill and the whole team in general did a good job and getting them to rush their shots.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
        I agree. It being nerves or whatever is much much better because you can get over that. If it's the elbow this will be a problem for the rest of the playoffs. I haven't noticed anything mechanical either but I'm also not good at catching those things. His shots did seem rushed though and he did admit that George and Hill and the whole team in general did a good job and getting them to rush their shots.
        If the defence made him uncomfortable he should have an easier time this series.

Comment

• But I do get the worry about it being nerves or confidence as well because that means the playoffs still scares him to an extent. And it's high time he get over that. If he can perform in the playoffs that isn't good. We reply on him too much for him to lose confidence in his jumper come playoff time.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
            But I do get the worry about it being nerves or confidence as well because that means the playoffs still scares him to an extent. And it's high time he get over that. If he can perform in the playoffs that isn't good. We reply on him too much for him to lose confidence in his jumper come playoff time.
            The Raptors have two really nice looking PGs behind him, one in which has outplayed him all last series. If he can't deliver this time around I do not think it's out of the realm off possibility that Ujiri deals with the log jam in a way that sees him out and a starting PF coming in.

The regular season stats padding means nothing when the real season begins and if Kyle is unable to overcome this then he as a player means little to this teams long term development. If anything he's in the way if he can't get with the program.

Man will it be fun times in here if DeMar gets max and Kyle is the one out.

Comment

Man will it be fun times in here if DeMar gets max and Kyle is the one out.
              If Kyle's woes are unrelated to the elbow and DD can thrive without Paul George guarding him, then that would be a logical play.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• If it's confidence, I am intrigued to see if getting out of the first round has any effect. It's amazing what a fresh start and a monkey off your back can do for one's disposition and performance.

Comment

• Well they go from expected to win to possibly underdogs despite what the standings say. Wade led teams carry a lot of clout.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                      If Kyle's woes are unrelated to the elbow and DD can thrive without Paul George guarding him, then that would be a logical play.
                      Disagree. After westbrook and Paul there is no better all around point guard, shots or no shots.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• But you have a log jam at PG. Cojo has shown enough to suggest he would be in the upper half of the league's starting PGs. Delon Wright's combination of size, aggressiveness and smarts is exciting. He might be good enough to start in a couple years.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Disagree. After westbrook and Paul there is no better all around point guard, shots or no shots.
                          I'm not convinced that he's clearly the #3 PG, but that's a moot point. For me, it's the combination of Lowry's age, injury history, and contract status (only 1 more season on a good contract) that makes me think a changing-of-the-[point]-guard is likely to happen soon (this offseason or next).

Comment

• It's actually perfect timing if there is truth to the DD rumours, it could be a mini rebuild. Kyle's affordability mixed with a low supply on the market might prove perfect timing. Here was a good article back in February:

There's only one max-money point guard in the free agent class: Mike Conley, who is our No. 5 free agent overall. Conley has never been an NBA All-Star. The next four point guards in our rankings are Brandon Jennings (No. 24), Rajon Rondo (No. 27), Matthew Dellavedova (No. 33) and Deron Williams (No. 41). All four of those guys are having nice seasons and can help your team, but they also have significant question marks.

The next five point guards shouldn't be starters in the NBA except in special circumstances: Greivis Vasquez (No. 57), Jerryd Bayless (No. 58), Shaun Livingston (No. 59), Jeremy Lin (No. 63) and two-time NBA champion Mario Chalmers (No. 68). Lin is playing himself up this list and could be a top-50 player by the end of the season, and he's a potential reach for a team looking for a lead guard. But -- no offense to these players -- there's just not much inspiring about this class of point guards.
                            Expect the trade market for point guards to be hot, both now as we approach the trade deadline and in June. Word is the Hawks have been considering offers for Jeff Teague. He'd be the second-best point guard on the free agent market by a huge margin. So, teams with a burgeoning point guard need -- the Jazz, Knicks, Bucks, Nets, Sixers, Rockets and perhaps Mavericks -- might be tempted to throw assets at Atlanta to get into the Teague sweepstakes.
                            http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/2/3...ey-rajon-rondo

Comment

It's actually perfect timing if there is truth to the DD rumours, it could be a mini rebuild. Kyle's affordability mixed with a low supply on the market might prove perfect timing. Here was a good article back in February:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/2/3...ey-rajon-rondo
                              Between what could potentially be returned in trade for DeRozan and/or Lowry, along with what the resulting cap space could potentially be used for, would make it more of a retooling than even a mini-rebuild.

The catalyst for the discussion is their contract situation, as I don't think either would be considered 'on the block' otherwise, especially now that they've made it past the first round of the playoffs.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Between what could potentially be returned in trade for DeRozan and/or Lowry, along with what the resulting cap space could potentially be used for, would make it more of a retooling than even a mini-rebuild.

The catalyst for the discussion is their contract situation, as I don't think either would be considered 'on the block' otherwise, especially now that they've made it past the first round of the playoffs.
                                I called it a mini rebuild because it involves their two best players which the team is built around leaving town. Usually a retool doesn't involve two all stars leaving town.

Comment

Working...
                                X