No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart guy...this Lowry fella. Recognition of a selfie issue is the first step to corrective action.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote:
      16 definitely seems high to me. I think Simmons view might be skewed by Lowry absolutely destroying Boston earlier in the season.

I know this is trade value, and not a list of the best players, but where does Lowry actually stack up in the NBAs best players? Is he even in the top 20? I'd say definitely not top 10.
      The rankings were actually revealed a couple weeks ago
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIvqed0QIkQ&t=43m0s

And I'm guessing that was filmed even before that, so this was probably done in January at some point. Knowing Simmons's tendency to jump on the flavor of the week, he would probably have lowered Lowry's ranking based on the last few weeks.

But I think the ranking is fair. And is Lowry even in the top 20 best players? Last year Lowry was 8th in the league in win shares. This year he's 20th, 14th in real plus minus, and in the top 20 of a variety of other categories... and is 9th in the league in minutes and has had to carry the team with DeMar out.

He's slumping but every player has rough stretches, sometimes even lengthy ones. I think he's definitely a top 20 player and hands-down the best player on the 7th/8th best team in the league.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        Simmons has Lowry ranked 16th in his annual trade value column:
        http://grantland.com/features/2015-n...emple-of-doom/
        Ridiculous. I would trade Lowry for Wiggins straight up without blinking. Simmons obviously has a lot of other stuff on his mind these days.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• *face palm*

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
            *face palm*

And using this:

Asked to describe his game at the moment, Lowry had a quick response: “Me? I’m trash,” Lowry told reporters. “I’m trying to figure it out right now, to be honest with you. I don’t know (how to fix it), that’s why I’m in here, working hard and trying to figure out what to do to get myself back on track.” Toronto Sun
            C'mon Dwane, Kyle is looking for help...have you suggested anything to him about his recent "trashy" game?

Comment

• ^ He told him to keep taking his shots. In the last interview he was saying how he wasn't concerned with the offense and that the shots will eventually fall. Broken record.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                And using this:

C'mon Dwane, Kyle is looking for help...have you suggested anything to him about his recent "trashy" game?
                I'm sure he has and I'm sure Casey and the coaching staff are all working with Kyle on it.

Comment

• Is Kyle Lowry the future PG of this team ?
                  If we are trading DD, should we also trade Lowry since he has nothing in his resume to show that he is a pass first PG ?

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                    Is Kyle Lowry the future PG of this team ?
                    If we are trading DD, should we also trade Lowry since he has nothing in his resume to show that he is a pass first PG ?
                    You don't need a pass first PG in today's NBA. Kyle usually gets a ton of assists and makes everyone around him better, he just hasn't done that the last month or so. He is for sure our PG of the future, we just need a new coach that will stick to a proven system (like Horns, which worked amazing for us last year and early this year). I'd be hesitant to trade either guy until we got a new coach, as they both looked great when running a real NBA offense instead of this motion iso dog shit we've been running lately.

Comment

• McRealistic wrote: View Post
                      Is Kyle Lowry the future PG of this team ?
                      I believe many posters here knew before he was traded for that Kyle was NOT a traditional pass-first pg. I know I did and I was aware of his game and hoped he could be acquired. Later thru some reports I understood he was not in favour of going to the rim offense for himself...thought his outside shot was better and also provided fast-break defense. DC wanted him to go in more. Guess they came to an understanding. I really liked his bulldogged mentality and leadership/big shot skills.

In any case, there are not too many traditional pgs left...if any (as starters at least...Calderon, Rondo, Holiday maybe)...one has to get one from Europe now probably. I think KL is fine as the pg though for some reason mid-season probably when DD went down he changed his game...he has to re-adjust and since he is close to DD convince him to do so too. This is my hope at least. How much DC is going to be part of the solution (if one comes about) is debatable. His public pronouncements are not encouraging.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        You don't need a pass first PG in today's NBA. Kyle usually gets a ton of assists and makes everyone around him better, he just hasn't done that the last month or so. He is for sure our PG of the future, we just need a new coach that will stick to a proven system (like Horns, which worked amazing for us last year and early this year). I'd be hesitant to trade either guy until we got a new coach, as they both looked great when running a real NBA offense instead of this motion iso dog shit we've been running lately.
                        Yup, the best passing in the league has come from teams with scoring point guards recently. The Raps have enough players able to move the ball, they just don't have a system/coach demanding it right now.

I love Lowry's self-awareness and wish he had someone mentoring him right now. I'm honestly baffled that Casey and DD keep letting these "nothing's wrong" quotes fly. They're likable, hard working, team-first guys in so many ways. Why are they so averse to making adjustments? Lowry and PP both on record now admitting the play has been off.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Yup, the best passing in the league has come from teams with scoring point guards recently. The Raps have enough players able to move the ball, they just don't have a system/coach demanding it right now.

I love Lowry's self-awareness and wish he had someone mentoring him right now. I'm honestly baffled that Casey and DD keep letting these "nothing's wrong" quotes fly. They're likable, hard working, team-first guys in so many ways. Why are they so averse to making adjustments? Lowry and PP both on record now admitting the play has been off.
                          I just read in the paper today Casey AGAIN going, "our offense is fine. We're missing shots we usually ma-" Fuck it you know the rest. I ripped the paper and used it to wipe my morning excrement.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I just read in the paper today Casey AGAIN going, "our offense is fine. We're missing shots we usually ma-" Fuck it you know the rest. I ripped the paper and used it to wipe my morning excrement.
                            You used a newspaper to wipe your ass after you took a dump? That is gross and too much information for a public forum. Like tooo much. Gross times infinity.

On a side note, your ass must be feel weird after being wiped by a news paper - it is all about Charmin which is very soft =)

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Zainab wrote: View Post
                              You used a newspaper to wipe your ass after you took a dump? That is gross and too much information for a public forum. Like tooo much. Gross times infinity.

On a side note, your ass must be feel weird after being wiped by a news paper - it is all about Charmin which is very soft =)
                              I'd be concerned with effectiveness. Sure, ink's cleaner than crap, but you really want black streaks all over your crack?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                I'd be concerned with effectiveness. Sure, ink's cleaner than crap, but you really want black streaks all over your crack?
                                Newspaper and a spray bottle of vinegar water actually clean windows pretty well and leave no black streaks whatsoever. Maybe his secret ingredient is vinegar water. In the name of science, a second source should test and confirm.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X