Everything Kyle Lowry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    does it really matter at this point? what if we do beat the nets tonight? we get killed by miami and thats it.
    In an alternate universe; with the same attitude:

"does it really matter at this point? what if we do beat okc tonight and win the championship? we get killed next year and thats it. life is meaningless no matter what you end up accomplishing!"
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

does it really matter at this point? what if we do beat the nets tonight? we get killed by miami and thats it.
      I don't think we'd get killed. I don't think we'd win the series, but I don't think we'd get killed.

And we'd get to watch this team for at least another 4 games (and most likely five or six)! Another whole series of playoff basketball!

LETSGOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

It will only highlight the weaknesses and where to go from here.

Most of the fans around here probably know the weaknesses. You can't watch 75+ games and not see where they struggle.... unless you're new to the sport or really young.

But to answer you're questions, I think it does matter. If we do beat the nets it is more hype and interest. If they can at least be competitive then that is just gravy.

Comment

Lowry's presser:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...OSTflv-3259211

Some great quotes here:

On what the series means:
          "We're only gonna get better. This is only a start for us. [seemed to catch himself] Only a start for you know the Raptors organization."

On Demar's words of encouragement/consolation after the miss:
          "That's my MAN ... It was a great brotherly moment."

On coach Casey:
          "He's done a great job, he's grown... he's become a great coach."
          (lol)

On the team:
          "My teammates, I've had the best core group of teammates I've ever had in my life, in my career."

On Ross:
          "He's only gonna get better, he's only gonna grow."

On Demar:
          "His growth has been unbelievable."

On what he'd say to JV:
          "Keep ya head up, you played unbelievable the whole year. I mean, I think he played okay... we almost won the game."

Comment

Just a little reminder about Kyle Lowry (around the 5:50 mark).
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Lowry's presser:

Some great quotes here:

"We're only gonna get better. This is only a start for us. [seemed to catch himself] Only a start for you know the Raptors organization."

On coach Casey:
              (lol)

On the team:
              "My teammates, I've had the best core group of teammates I've ever had in my life, in my career."

On Ross:

On Demar:

On what he'd say to JV:
              "Keep ya head up, you played unbelievable the whole year. I mean, I think he played okay... we almost won the game."
              Hahaha you're right, he totally gave it away, HE'S COMING BACK!
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Two ways to look at this..

The extra length of Pierce's fingers kept us from the most thrilling finish in raptors history.....or saved us about $5million dollars over the length of Lowry's next contract

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Lowry's presser:

Some great quotes here:

"We're only gonna get better. This is only a start for us [seemed to catch himself] Only a start for you know the Raptors organization.”

On coach Casey:
                  (lol)

On the team:

On Ross:

On Demar:

On what he'd say to JV:
                  You coming back Kyle?

Hometown contract?
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Question: Do we have to wait until July 1st to sign Kyle Lowry OR can we extend him a contract before other teams get a shot?

Comment

• mortgagejake wrote: View Post
                      Question: Do we have to wait until July 1st to sign Kyle Lowry OR can we extend him a contract before other teams get a shot?
                      We can extend him before that (I think, unless there was a deadline for that), but with the new CBA, extensions are highly unlikely to ever happen, since they have to be shorter and worth less money than signing them during free agency.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

As far as I know we can extend Lowry any time before June 30. Restrictions would be that the extension can be for four seasons max; the first year of the contract can be only a 7.5% raise (so, $6.675 million in Lowry's case).

We could, however, get around this by giving him a signing bonus. As an example, let's say we wanted to sign him to a three year, roughly $10 million-a-year deal, we could sign him to a $6.675, $10, $10, and then give him a 3 million signing bonus, so that from a cap-hit perspective, it's roughly $7.5, $11.1, $11.1. (Signing bonus is max 15% of total salary, so 4 million). But from Lowry's perspective, he gets $10 million each season, with, essentially, a $3 million advance on his first year on July 1st.
                        Last edited by octothorp; Tue May 6, 2014, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Thanks. This makes it akward because a lot of time will pass between now and July 1st, perhaps enough time for Lowry to forget all the good happy-go-lucky feelings and focus on the only thing these athletes care about: Money.

Do we know which other teams are in need of a PG1 and how their cap situation looks like?

Comment

Thanks. This makes it akward because a lot of time will pass between now and July 1st, perhaps enough time for Lowry to forget all the good happy-go-lucky feelings and focus on the only thing these athletes care about: Money.

Do we know which other teams are in need of a PG1 and how their cap situation looks like?
                            it's discussed at length in this thread i think: http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-YOU-pay-Lowry

we could really use some merges with the lowry threads actually.

I think the consensus was that the only real players for Lowry are the Knicks, if Phil Jackson works magic, Houston if McHale is fired and... Indiana, I think, if they somehow clear enough space and dump George Hill.

the lakers have cap space but they're likely saving it for 2015, plus the situation there is hardly attractive.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Ah. Thx for the link and for the heads up. Knicks are the only one I could see this working out in but the situation isn't so nice.

Comment

• Kyle Lowry is going to re-sign with the Raptors. You people worry too much lol.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X