No announcement yet.

Game #63: Detroit Pistons 87 - Toronto Raptors 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last two pages... just.. wtf guys come on. Super gay.
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• lol what exactly did I miss? Not used to reading bickering without being involved in some of it

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        The last two pages... just.. wtf guys come on. Super gay.
        Agreed! Thought I would have to used a better word than "gay"...

Comment

• Why Did JV Make Andre Drummond His Bitch?

Every time they play each other, JV owns Drummond and it's not even close. I actually feel really bad for the man (Not). Theories to why you think this is?
          #BringBackUzoh

Comment

• Not sure is was as one sided like you think. While the Pistons lost and Drummond was -33 while on the floor, he did shoot 60% from the field, (just under season average) and 50% from teh freethrow line (above season avaerage). He only had 9 rebounds, so you could look at that, but it was not a total ass wupping as you make it seem.

JV played well and I feel pretty good about that, but he did not make anyone his bitch in that game.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Because you're exaggerating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              OG is our king

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Agreed! Thought I would have to used a better word than "gay"...
                Super lame.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                  Not sure is was as one sided like you think. While the Pistons lost and Drummond was -33 while on the floor, he did shoot 60% from the field, (just under season average) and 50% from teh freethrow line (above season avaerage). He only had 9 rebounds, so you could look at that, but it was not a total ass wupping as you make it seem.

JV played well and I feel pretty good about that, but he did not make anyone his bitch in that game.
                  There's more to it than the final stats. Drummond matched JV well in the 1st quarter, but after that, every time JV was on the court against him, he was a total non-factor.

Even looking at stats for when they were on the floor together
                  -Drummond had 5 pts and 5 boards in the 1st quarter and the matchup looked even...after that when matched against JV:
                  --> 1 pt and 2 boards for the rest of the game
                  --> JV had 4 pts and 7 boards (after 4 and 6 in the 1st Q)
                  -Most of Drummond's points (10 I think) came with JV off the court.

This I just tallied quickly by going through the play-by-play, so I could be wrong, but that's pretty much one-sided after the 1st Q, especially when you factor in Drummond's help D was totally non-existent, and that JV had more rebounds on Detroit's end than Drummond did the rest of the way.
                  ->Yes, Drummond had 4 OREB in the 1st, but most of those off his own misses, and JV had 6 DREB in that frame, so it wasn't that JV was letting Drummond kill him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    There's more to it than the final stats. Drummond matched JV well in the 1st quarter, but after that, every time JV was on the court against him, he was a total non-factor.

Even looking at stats for when they were on the floor together
                    -Drummond had 5 pts and 5 boards in the 1st quarter and the matchup looked even...after that when matched against JV:
                    --> 1 pt and 2 boards for the rest of the game
                    --> JV had 4 pts and 7 boards (after 4 and 6 in the 1st Q)
                    -Most of Drummond's points (10 I think) came with JV off the court.

This I just tallied quickly by going through the play-by-play, so I could be wrong, but that's pretty much one-sided after the 1st Q, especially when you factor in Drummond's help D was totally non-existent, and that JV had more rebounds on Detroit's end than Drummond did the rest of the way.
                    ->Yes, Drummond had 4 OREB in the 1st, but most of those off his own misses, and JV had 6 DREB in that frame, so it wasn't that JV was letting Drummond kill him.
                    THat was my issue.

Detroit went on their run with JV on the bench.

There was no size in the middle.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      THat was my issue.

Detroit went on their run with JV on the bench.

There was no size in the middle.
                      Well Casey and his weird rotations strike again. Hayes isn't a horrible guy to throw out there. He's solid enough in the right matchups....But at some points we had Hayes and Hansbrough matched up against Monroe and Smith (I think once Monroe and Jerebko). Not great matchups. And to make it worse, they were on with Vasquez, Salmons, and I think either DD or Lowry (I know Lowry for sure at one point), so effectively just one dependable offensive player. So you're giving up a huge amount of quickness on D, and have little on O, including horrible floor spacing.

I'd be totally fine seeing Hayes/Hansbrough out there against something like Hibbert and West/Scola, or any other true big matchups, but they should never be matched up together against quicker lineups.

**And my fave part of the JV/Drummond matchup post-1st Q was definitely that JV outrebounded him on Detroit's end. And all of them were misses off other guys' shots. Really stealing a 2nd possession.

Comment

• "Report: Joe Dumars Expected to Resign from Pistons GM Post After 14 Seasons"

Comment

Working...
                        X