Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would things turn out if Gay stayed and DD was traded?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we would be in a significantly worse position. DeMar was the only reason Rudy wasn't taking 30 shots a game here.. he was his only leash.

I also don't think Casey would be here next year if Rudy was still here.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

pre-gay trade, I was adamant that either Gay or Derozan needed to be traded, but I didn't really believe it mattered which one, only which one was the better trade. I think I have to eat crow on that one.

Since the Gay trade Raptors are probably top 5-6 in the league in win percentage, and have are firmly entrenched as the 3rd best team in the East. I don't think that happens if we had traded Derozan and Kept Gay. I think that had we kept Gay, we would have done poorly and Masai would have found a deal for Lowry. Gay would keep us entertained while we attempted to tank our way to a high draft pick... Which in the long might have been a better position...

However, I think the OP scenario was one where you swap Gay for Derozan and keep the roster the same. In that scenario I don't think we are doing nearly as well as we are now. I'd argue we'd be in pretty much the same situation we've been in the last 3-4 years. A team constructed to make the playoffs but on the bubble. We'd probably still be above Detriot and in the playoff picture, I'd guess fighting Charlotte for the 6th spot... B A R F!!!
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
      X