Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18
Results 341 to 353 of 353

Thread: Game #64: Memphis Grizzlies 86 - Toronto Raptors 99

  1. #341
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    we started 6 - 12 and are currently on pace to pull out a 50 win season after trading our "all star". If we were the Knicks, there would be no end to the fawning. Instead we are content with the occasional quip from Steve Kerr who makes us wet when he mentions us on a TNT broadcast

  2. #342
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if you don't like the way espn covers canada, stop reading the site.

    there are a lot of sites out there that provide plenty of canadian content, this one included.

    if that's important to you, read tsn, sportsnet and zach lowe

  3. Like Letter N liked this post
  4. #343
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,973
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    its not so much important to me as it is important to agents and players. Exposure and marketability are concerns for professional basketball players. People talk about Durant in 16 (like it would happen) well...you better believe someone as some point is going to say something about the lack of exposure

  5. #344
    Raptors Republic All-Star stooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    also, when toronto was actually a story, ie when they turned things around after the gay trade, there were raptors articles all up on espn, sportsillustrated, etc.

    right now we're just a 3rd seed in the east, who would probably be 5th seed in a regular year, who have no shot at the conference finals. not too many compelling articles for the average reader there.

  6. Like Letter N liked this post
  7. #345
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anyone know why ex-Raps Ed Davis was a DNP and James Johnson who has been playing well for the Griz came in for a min.?

  8. #346
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not sure, but I do know that Memphis fans are asking the same question about jj.

  9. #347
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    we started 6 - 12 and are currently on pace to pull out a 50 win season after trading our "all star". If we were the Knicks, there would be no end to the fawning. Instead we are content with the occasional quip from Steve Kerr who makes us wet when he mentions us on a TNT broadcast
    That can all change with winning a round or two in the playoffs. I am concerned our guys have not experience dealing with media glare when it comes. Anyone remember Butch Carter with media glare on us?

  10. #348
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know why ex-Raps Ed Davis was a DNP and James Johnson who has been playing well for the Griz came in for a min.?
    What is Ed Davis' contract status?

  11. #349
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    we started 6 - 12 and are currently on pace to pull out a 50 win season after trading our "all star". If we were the Knicks, there would be no end to the fawning. Instead we are content with the occasional quip from Steve Kerr who makes us wet when he mentions us on a TNT broadcast
    We are on National tv this Tuesday. Just left San Francisco and one fan I spoke with was well aware of what Raptors are doing. He stated GSW would love to get Amir Johnson . Interesting they want Amir.

  12. #350
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stooley wrote: View Post
    if you don't like the way espn covers canada, stop reading the site.

    there are a lot of sites out there that provide plenty of canadian content, this one included.

    if that's important to you, read tsn, sportsnet and zach lowe
    Agreed. But as Canadians we want to be accepted as legit and to a degree ESPN coverage legitimizes us. Jeff Van Gundy is well versed via Raptors. Hopefully he will do the playoff games.

  13. #351
    Raptors Republic Starter Pill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    420
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post


    Good to see!
    what is sick about tross is that it was already over 50% and now into the 60s. #letrossplay

  14. Like Letter N liked this post
  15. #352
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,082
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pill wrote: View Post
    what is sick about tross is that it was already over 50% and now into the 60s. #letrossplay
    I don't even want to know what Salmons is.

    #FuckOffWithTheVetsCasey

    #TalentOverAge
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  16. Like OldSkoolCool, Letter N liked this post
  17. #353
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,453
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know why ex-Raps Ed Davis was a DNP and James Johnson who has been playing well for the Griz came in for a min.?
    My fantasy team is dying to know ... especially weird considering they both played 19 and 15 minutes respectively the following game, with Ed leading the team in rebounds.
    In Masai we Trust.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •