Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kyle Lowry the best point guard in Raptors history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kyle Lowry the best point guard in Raptors history?

I was wondering and Believe that he is. Thoughts?
    Jose Calderon
    15.15%
    TJ Ford
    0.00%
    Alvin Williams
    6.06%
    Kyle Lowry
    63.64%
    Damon Stoudamire
    15.15%
    Ben Uzoh (Always Remember)
    0.00%
    #BringBackUzoh

Like to see this effort and these results for more than one season. No doubt he is in any conversation about who is best.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Until this year....nope.

But I will say this, and this is for anyone thinking a player cannot change.... Kyle Lowry took a few years to figure it out. He attributes it to his marriage and new daughter, his coaches attribute it to an off season meeting with ownership..... I have no idea what created the epiphany lowry has had, but its clear to see he's had one. At this point, right now, no Toronto PG has had the impact on a game that Kyle Lowry is having, not even close.

I'd go as far as saying no player, not even VC has had as rounded of an effect as Lowry. He's doing that much.

Sign this fucking guy already, I have been saying this for months now.

Comment

Craig typed my opinion for me.

Thanks Craig
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Happy to see TJ was included in that list. For as short as his impact was, I'd say it was nearly as strong as Lowry.
            TJ led us to our 47 win season, did he not? Obviously Bosh as well, but TJ was the one who ran that offense.

Comment

difference between TJ and Lowry are the winning plays. Timely steals, rebounding, taking charges, defensive intensity. All the things that make the difference between a nice box score and actually winning the game.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yup.

Comment

If Lowry qualifies as best point guard in Raptors history, then Hakeen Olajuwon should be in consideration for best center. Ask me again in a few years if we re-sign Lowry and he continues on this (albeit impressive) pace for the duration of the new contract.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

Kyle Lowry has meant so much to this team that I cannot put it in words!!!! He is hands down the best PG we have ever had
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

For now, it's still Stoudemire.
                      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

So not Stoudamire. I wouldn't even take him over Alvin. He was a fully average PG who got lots of minutes and shots when Toronto sucked. He was not a great defender either. Probably the most overrated player in Raptors history.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                          If Lowry qualifies as best point guard in Raptors history, then Hakeen Olajuwon should be in consideration for best center. Ask me again in a few years if we re-sign Lowry and he continues on this (albeit impressive) pace for the duration of the new contract.
                          This is why I have a hard time voting for Lowry. If he can do this for multiple years (if he's here), then it's easily him. Otherwise I'd have to go with Alvin. Alvin was pretty average offensively, but he was an excellent (and big) defender. That Philly series never gets to 7 games if we don't have him slowing down Iverson for some of them. He would frequently guard the other team's best backcourt player.

Comment

Career Stats as a Raptor to help you decide (from basketball-reference.com):

Damon Stoudamire

200 games over 3 seasons; 3917 pts, 1761 ast, 828 rbs, 714 to's, 301 stl, 41.5% FG, 36.0% 3pt, 82.0% FT

Alvin Williams

417 games over 8 seasons; 3876 pts, 1791 ast, 1079 rbs, 570 to's, 517 stl, 41.9% FG, 31.5% 3pt, 76.5% FT

TJ Ford

126 games over 2 seasons; 1664 pts, 908 ast, 336 rbs, 333 to's, 155 stl, 44.8% FG, 30% 3pt, 83.7% FT

Jose Calderon

525 games over 8 seasons; 5235 pts, 3770 ast, 1315 rbs, 906 to's, 469 stl, 48.1% FG, 38.8% 3pt, 87.7% FT

Kyle Lowry

132 games over 2 seasons; 1878 pts, 932 ast, 621 rbs, 309 to's, 194 stl, 41.1% FG, 37.6% 3pt, 81% FT
                            Last edited by JawsGT; Sat Mar 15, 2014, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I think the question should be "Has any Raptor PG we've ever had played better ball than Lowry has this season?"
                              Forget about whether or not it's sustainable, just answer the question for what it is. Is Lowry's play this season the best we've ever seen from any Raptor PG?
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Working...
                              X