Raptors playoff tickets!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    You gotta explain the economics of this for me because I don't understand how you guys make so much money.

Sure playoff games go for a fair amount of money but to get those haven't scalpers for the Raptors and Jays been basically eating it for the last like 6+ years?

Concerts make more sense to me but I just don't understand how middling teams like the Raptors or Jays have 50 scalpers standing outside the arena every game.
    The majority of our money comes from Concert Tickets. Usually we target only the 1st and 2nd lower sections as those fetch the most decent profit.

On very hot events though, like One Direction 2 years ago. (Bought a pair of Center floor row 2 for $300, sold for $2750 per ticket).

Sports are usually not hot for the regular season for all sports except NFL. A lot of the cheap tickets you see on Stubhub during the regular season are from Season Seat holders and not Brokers.

Only when it comes to the NBA finals, NHL Finals, Superbowl, the tickets are grab-what-you-can, and are guaranteed major profit.
    Usually Round 1/2 are not profitable enough for any sporting events unless it's like Heat vs Pacers Game 1, or OKC/LAC Game 1.

US Open Tennis is usually always a big profit no matter what day you buy and sell tickets for. Obviously the final day is the biggest profit, but even Day 1 cheap tix ($300 ea.) have fetched us $650 per. We got a single cheap ticket last year for the final day for $500 and sold it for about $1250

Comment

secueritae wrote: View Post
      The majority of our money comes from Concert Tickets. Usually we target only the 1st and 2nd lower sections as those fetch the most decent profit.

On very hot events though, like One Direction 2 years ago. (Bought a pair of Center floor row 2 for $300, sold for $2750 per ticket).

Sports are usually not hot for the regular season for all sports except NFL. A lot of the cheap tickets you see on Stubhub during the regular season are from Season Seat holders and not Brokers.

Only when it comes to the NBA finals, NHL Finals, Superbowl, the tickets are grab-what-you-can, and are guaranteed major profit.
      Usually Round 1/2 are not profitable enough for any sporting events unless it's like Heat vs Pacers Game 1, or OKC/LAC Game 1.

US Open Tennis is usually always a big profit no matter what day you buy and sell tickets for. Obviously the final day is the biggest profit, but even Day 1 cheap tix ($300 ea.) have fetched us $650 per. We got a single cheap ticket last year for the final day for $500 and sold it for about $1250
      What can I get for $25 and some pocket lint?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        What can I get for $25 and some pocket lint?
        A pitcher of beer and some hummus at a bar that might show a Raptors playoff game...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          A pitcher of beer and some hummus at a bar that might show a Raptors playoff game...
          Just curious, what's average price of beer in Toronto bars?
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            Just curious, what's average price of beer in Toronto bars?
            Depends on the bar, but generally not cheap. For a pitcher, not a lot of places where you'd find something 15$ or cheaper. Most of them closer to 20$, give or take. And for pints, most places with decent beer you're looking at about 7$ give or take.

And for the cheap places...usually it's worse selection of beer....or just taste inexplicably dirty. There's a place downtown that sells 10$ pitchers with a good selection, but the beer always taste dirty, like the never clean the taps, or pitchers/glasses.

Comment

Depends on the bar, but generally not cheap. For a pitcher, not a lot of places where you'd find something 15$ or cheaper. Most of them closer to 20$, give or take. And for pints, most places with decent beer you're looking at about 7$ give or take.

And for the cheap places...usually it's worse selection of beer....or just taste inexplicably dirty. There's a place downtown that sells 10$ pitchers with a good selection, but the beer always taste dirty, like the never clean the taps, or pitchers/glasses.
              Did you ever spend any time in London (Ontario) during the late 90s/early 2000s? There was a bar called the Ridout that sold $2 bottles, and $6 pitchers. It was an undergrad's utopia.

Comment

Thanks. Twice expensive, but hey, it's Toronto so cannot say that I am surprised.
                Very random question, I know... But I feel that my nicnkame allows me to ask them. Now we should get back to playoffs topic , as it really makes me thirsty by just thinking about beer.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Did you ever spend any time in London (Ontario) during the late 90s/early 2000s? There was a bar called the Ridout that sold $2 bottles, and $6 pitchers. It was an undergrad's utopia.
                  Nope....but I did my undergrad in Montreal. There was a bar near my place that had 1$ halfpints for "happy hour" (until 8 i think it was)...and then they jacked their prices all the way up to 2$ the rest of the night....My heavy drinking friend would quadruple-fist at that place.

Comment

I know a place in china town that does 5$ pitchers.

It comes out of a keg, so probably isn't watered down too bad, but don't try and savour it.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      I know a place in china town that does 5$ pitchers.

It comes out of a keg, so probably isn't watered down too bad, but don't try and savour it.
                      Wow, that's probably the cheapest I've ever heard of, especially if it's their normal price.

Comment

Selling my tickets to Game 2, face value, no profits.

Hello everyone!

I'm finally a member of RR, after reading this forum and website thoroughly, daily, since 2007. A bit about myself, I am a huge Raptor fan, favourite Raptors of all time include, Oak, Amir, DD and TJ Ford...oh and wince! Further, I am a fanatic Spurs fan, I love me some Timmy, Kawhi, Bruce and Pop, (yes it was awkward when Bowen played dirty on VC) anyways, I'm glad to be here, and looking forward to some great basketball debates.

However, for now.. I wanted to let everyone here know, I am selling a pair of Raptors playoff tickets to game 2. Unfortunately me and my fiancé both will not be able to attend this game, but we will be at Game 1.

If anyone is interested, please feel free to shoot me a message or reply here. I'm in Mississauga/Brampton region.

Tickets details: SECTION 109M, Row 27, Seats 5 & 6. Dates are still yet to determined, and same goes for the opponent, which I'm sure everyone here knows all about.

We paid $723 on the dot through ticketmaster at the pre sale last week.

I'm not in it to make money, though everyone advises me to do just that... I would rather have a fan of the game and team enjoy this game on our behalf for the price they are worth.

Ps; what ever happened to that star news article about MLSE having tickets for playoff games at an extremely low price... Like that was actually going to happen. Lol

Anyways, I apologize for any typos.
                        Last edited by a310pilot; Sat Apr 12, 2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

After not seeing any notification of playoff ticket sales on Raptors.com/FB page or RR (SO ANGRY)...this is good timing. Now to try and convince my father-in-law to go half after he just got a $400 water bill (partly my fault lol)

Comment

oh wow http://twitter.com/SportsnetTicker/s...01577153261568

Comment

Knicks, Lakers out of playoffs.. so We are huge market.

Comment

MLSE know how to make money. Raptors haven't been in the playoffs for 6 years. Leafs are not in it this year. They'll sell out despite the price tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X