No announcement yet.

"ESPN Scouts Takes": Toronto soft inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fwiw, every time I read the title of this thread "soft inside" I automatically think vagina.

Comment

The raps really don't have good answers for big strong centers like Gortat, Pekovic, etc. They pretty much have their way against JV or Hayes (man, if we could transfer Hayes' lower body strength and basketball knowledge to JV you'd have the perfect center). It would have been nice if Ujiri could have traded for one more big before the deadline, so at least they'd have six more fouls to give.

Comment

Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
        Agree with the scout and everyone pointing out how doh-ey we are inside.
        Chuck Hayes is basically the Pilsbury doh-boy, incarnate; short, fat, all puff-no bounce, zero offence, little to no rebounding.

Add to the fact that Charlotte and Chicago are on a tear equal to ours; "Portland, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte ... and Toronto at 31-16 since trading away Rudy Gay." (Marc Stein Power Rankings Week 20), while Washington and Brooklyn have turned it around heavy. We have legit match-up concerns wherever we land in the east.

Nice to have dem first round match-up concerns doe,
        Just to clarify, Stein meant that all those teams have overachieved compared to pre-season expectations, and Toronto specifically has overachieved since the Gay trade. Not that they are all on a tear similar to 31-16.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
          I think Toronto IS soft inside.
          Tyler seems to be the forgotten man, now that Casey will barely let him play. He's tough as nails, and his coming to Toronto meant the team's former "soft" demeanour has been shed in the current season. Tyler keeps everyone working hard, and goes all out.

Right now, with inconsistent minutes and a show of no confidence from the coach, he has struggled for the last three games. But do not underestimate the effect he has had on the team as a whole.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Fwiw, every time I read the title of this thread "soft inside" I automatically think vagina.
            Heinz, is that you???

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
              Tyler seems to be the forgotten man, now that Casey will barely let him play. He's tough as nails, and his coming to Toronto meant the team's former "soft" demeanour has been shed in the current season. Tyler keeps everyone working hard, and goes all out.

Right now, with inconsistent minutes and a show of no confidence from the coach, he has struggled for the last three games. But do not underestimate the effect he has had on the team as a whole.
              Or Tyler has struggled the last 3 games, therefore has gotten inconsistent minutes. Why do so many here always blame Casey when guys play poorly? Tyler brings great energy and toughness, but he's a black hole -11 freakin assists in 748 minutes! Even Hayes has 18 in less than half the playing time. If Tyler is effective, Casey plays him. But if he's not, he doesn't bring much else to the table.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                go on
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  Lol, Amir is clearly not 210. which is why Casey dumps him in as the C for small ball. Further, he anchors the D; it's not his defense that needs upgrading, it's finding someone with more post offense.

The bigger problem is Chuck Hayes not being able to block shots. Positionally he's great, but with Val still learning the ropes, lane intimidation/rim protection is our biggest weakness.
                  He does this because he's our best big.

But on the whole, he's too small. Anytime we play a team with 2 legit starting bigs, we tend to get hurt down low
                  Last edited by JimiCliff; Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:22 PM.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Just merged this with the same topic as yesterday ezz.
                    Thanks, didn't notice that someone beat me to it.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Soft doesnt have to mean wimpy..... soft means the interior is soft, easy to penetrate and have your way. Its soft as you can penetrate and score at will, and that makes you feel confident, and good, and teams will learn to fall in love with the penetration.

vagina

Comment

So you guys decided to have a little basketball themed pr0n party in my thread, huh.

Comment

yep.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                            Soft doesnt have to mean wimpy..... soft means the interior is soft, easy to penetrate and have your way. Its soft as you can penetrate and score at will, and that makes you feel confident, and good, and teams will learn to fall in love with the penetration.

vagina
                            We're pussies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            OG is our king

Comment

edit.
                              Last edited by Superjudge; Tue Mar 18, 2014, 05:59 PM. Reason: respect for certain underage female forum members

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Charlotte has owned us this season....
                                Yeah but they will beatable in the playoffs. KL can contain Kemba. If keep Al Jefferson under control we will win. Remember they have not been in playoffs for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X