Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadians IN Madness

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadians IN Madness

Was just going through the March Madness bracket and found somewhere around 17 Canadian players who are part of march madness this year and all are significant part of there rotation . Would be intresting to see there progress in the big dance the list of 17 players is below please add a name if i have missed someone

1 Deshawn Pierrie (Dayton)
    2 T Ennis (cuse)
    3 D Powel (STanford)
    4 A Wiggins (Kansas)
    5 Naz Long (Iowa State)
    6 Ejim (Iowa State)
    7 D Ennis (Villanova)
    8 Pangos (Gonzaga)
    9 S Bhullar ( New Mexico State)
    10 Mullings ( New Mexico State)
    11 Dixon ( New Mexico State)
    12 Heslip (Baylor)
    13 Cherry (Baylor)
    14 N Wiggins (Whicita state)
    15 Luflike (Whicita state)
    16 Staskaus (Michigan)
    17 Bacyinski (Arizona State)

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Post thank you.

Asshole English correction, when referring to something that belongs (possessive) it is their. When referring to a place you use there.

The Raptors out hustled their opponent on the defensive end of the court.

The playoffs are a sore sport for Demar Derozan, since he has never been there.

Last edited by ezz_bee; Mon Mar 17th, 2014 at 07:09 AM.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this.

Speaks volumes to the impact Carter, Nash and the Raptors have had on the game in Canada. Also gives me great hope for the national program.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
    Was just going through the March Madness bracket and found somewhere around 17 Canadian players who are part of march madness this year and all are significant part of there rotation . Would be intresting to see there progress in the big dance the list of 17 players is below please add a name if i have missed someone

1 Deshawn Pierrie (Dayton)
    2 T Ennis (cuse)
    3 D Powel (STanford)
    4 A Wiggins (Kansas)
    5 Naz Long (Iowa State)
    6 Ejim (Iowa State)
    7 D Ennis (Villanova)
    8 Pangos (Gonzaga)
    9 S Bhullar ( New Mexico State)
    10 Mullings ( New Mexico State)
    11 Dixon ( New Mexico State)
    12 Heslip (Baylor)
    13 Cherry (Baylor)
    14 N Wiggins (Whicita state)
    15 Luflike (Whicita state)
    16 Staskaus (Michigan)
    17 Bacyinski (Arizona State)
    Excellent post -- don't forget the kids playing at Harvard. Also, pretty sure the Shockers spell their name Wichita State. This should be a fun tourney.

Post Thanks / Like

Wiggins, Stauskas and Ennis will all be gone before our probable 20s draft pick

Good sign for Canadian basketball but we won't get them on our team barring a trade.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post

Good sign for Canadian basketball but we won't get them on our team barring a trade.

You never know. After our playoff run, MU will be in a perfect position to sell high on some of our assets in order to trade up. The chance is still there. The best part about this is the fact that some of these Canuck ballers have terrific skills, and its a real thrill to hear about so many Canadians playing high level basketball.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Post Thanks / Like

Richard Amardi- Oregon
    Jason Calliste- Oregon
    Justin Edwards- Kansas State
    Jahenns Manigat- Creighton
    Stephan Nastic- Stanford
    Agunwa Okolie- Harvard
    Laurent Rivard- Harvard

Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post

Stauskus is projected 17-18 by Express/ Ford. Could well be available when we pick,

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Stauskus is projected 17-18 by Express/ Ford. Could well be available when we pick,
    Agreed i think of the 3 players Stauskaus is the best possiblity of droping to Raps slot. But the question is if he is available do we pick him or go with BPA or other player is available who is of more need

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What about Ejim? I know he's a senior but he could be a possibility, he kinda reminds me of Amir!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    What about Ejim? I know he's a senior but he could be a possibility, he kinda reminds me of Amir!
    Ejim is all over the board from late first to mid second round. Who knows we might have shot at him with one of our 2 second round picks

Raptors Republic Starter Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post

Sore spot.

It's the blind leading the limes up in here.

Post Thanks / Like

The full list can be found here:
    http://basketballbuzz.ca/ncaa/andrew...23MarchMadness

3 or 4 are redshirts or DNPs but Canada is well represented.

Raptors Republic Rookie OldSchool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Awesome Post thank you.

Asshole English correction, when referring to something that belongs (possessive) it is their. When referring to a place you use there.

The Raptors out hustled their opponent on the defensive end of the court.

lol

Nice post still

Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    You never know. After our playoff run, MU will be in a perfect position to sell high on some of our assets in order to trade up. The chance is still there. The best part about this is the fact that some of these Canuck ballers have terrific skills, and its a real thrill to hear about so many Canadians playing high level basketball.
    We would have to give A LOT to get to Wiggins and maybe Ennis as these lottery picks have a ridiculous value to their respective teams.

Stauskas maybe not as much but I have seen mock drafts where he is lottery as well, sometimes even top 10.

Who would you be willing to give up?
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Akkerman wrote: View Post
    Unless Iowa State goes on an insane tear in the Madness, Ejim will be lucky to go mid-second round and could possibly go undrafted. He's got two strikes against him: he's already 23, and he's a 6'6" tweener forward - a step too slow to play SF and undersized to play PF. He's got great skills and work ethic but would be hard to fit in most rotations.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote magoon wrote: View Post
    Unless Iowa State goes on an insane tear in the Madness, Ejim will be lucky to go mid-second round and could possibly go undrafted. He's got two strikes against him: he's already 23, and he's a 6'6" tweener forward - a step too slow to play SF and undersized to play PF. He's got great skills and work ethic but would be hard to fit in most rotations.
    Is Ejim really a step slow to play SF, though? PJ Tucker was a 6' 5" PF in college and had the same issues. But then PJ went to Europe and re-invented himself as a 3 & D wing. Guys don't normally get quicker as they get older, so I think it's totally possible for Ejim to learn how to play SF in the NBA. First of all, Ejim is quicker and more athletic than PJ ever was. He's also a solid citizen with 3.7 frickin' GPA. I totally see Ejim being drafted by the Spurs.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The canadians had great day today
    #11 Dayton upset #6 Ohio State ( D. Pierre 12 Pts, 8 Reb, 2 Ast, 1 Stl)
    #12 Harvard Upset #5 Cincinnati (Laurent Rivard,11 Pts 5 Reb 1 Stl)
    # 3 cuse Beat # 14 W Michigan (T ennis 16 Pts, 1 Reb, 6 Ast, 2 Stl ,1 Blk)
    # 2 Michagan Beat #15 Wofford (Stauskaus 15 Pts, 2 Reb, 1 Ast, 1 Stl )
    # 10 Arizona St lose hearbreaker to Texas (J. Bachynski 25 Pts, 7 Reb, 1 Blk)
    # 13 New Mexico St lose to San Diego State (D. Mullings 18 Pts, 6 Reb, 4 Ast, 1 Stl) (Sim Bhullar 14 Pts 7 Reb 2 Blk)
    Last edited by yukhan1980; Fri Mar 21st, 2014 at 02:06 AM.

20. Like Mack North liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Was listening to the The Fan590 here in Toronto the other day(forget which show), and they had said there was 104 Canadians playing in significant NCAA Division 1 games/teams this season(Bob Ryan from Boston Globe if I recall correctly). Upon further review, they say it's 25 included in the 68 teams that qualified for the tourney. I certainly think a few have promising NBA careers as well. Most of these kids were born when the Raptors were born. Way to go Raptors!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information