Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: #StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Alternative promo:
    Free Pizza with Every Amir Ankle Roll

    In all seriousness, easiest fix is:
    Free Pizza when the Raps score 50 in the first half (no reason for either team to let up at the half). Same principle but without any gamesmanship issues.

  2. Like Nilanka liked this post
  3. #62
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just did a quick tally

    Wins at home: 19
    Games scored 100 or over: 18

    Win AND scored 100 or over: 10

    The bastards were effective able to cut the promo in half.

    Pizza is the cherry on top. It doesn't matter that some see it as substandard (the cherry on top of a sundae sucks)

    I like having it because it takes me back to the night before, thinking about the W getting a free lunch.

    Agreed that it's sometime ridiculous how upset people get.

    MLSE really should be fronting the excess cost. Like if the deal is Pizza Pizza will cover half the home game wins and MLSE pays the extra. Assuming we win 30 games at home, that means they'll cover 10 game. 20000 seats at $1/slice means $200k.
    If we're winning 30 games at home, you know you're making way more than 200k as you've probably scooped up more fairweathers and bandwagoners at that point.
    A small price to pay to stop the booing.
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

  4. #63
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Do you really think MLSE needs to be petitioned to change the promo? They improved the promo from previous ownership and will do something change it again. These promos don't always work out as planned so I expect a change with or without a petition.

    Also the fact that the only thing this season that was deemed important enough to require a petition is a free pizza giveaway really illustrates how far this team has come.

    Great success. Now to beat the Cawks and get back on track

  5. #64
    Raptors Republic Rookie RobertArchibald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Do you really think MLSE needs to be petitioned to change the promo? They improved the promo from previous ownership and will do something change it again. These promos don't always work out as planned so I expect a change with or without a petition.

    Also the fact that the only thing this season that was deemed important enough to require a petition is a free pizza giveaway really illustrates how far this team has come.

    Great success. Now to beat the Cawks and get back on track
    It can't hurt to petition against it. MLSE doesn't want bad press and I'm sure they don't want booing fans of a winning team. Especially considering how lousy this franchise has been, basically since its inception.

    I think just having a discussion about alternative promos can help get the ball rolling. Saw on twitter that the Wizards (I think) have a promotion where if an opponent misses 2 straight FTs in the 4th quarter everyone wins something free (tacos, if memory serves me right). Creates a crazy environment with opponents at the line in the 4th, where they're booing the appropriate team. Favourite option so far.
    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

    @clericalbeats

  6. #65
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The first time I'd ever heard of this type of promotion was in 2001 when the Dallas Mavericks tried to get over 100 points despite already blowing out the Cleveland Cavaliers. They did it to help their fans get a coupon for cheap chalupas.

    I really don't see a problem with a team running up the score to help their fans get free pizza. I don't expect it, but I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Knowing that the promotion exists and you have a chance to get 20,000 fans who are already happy you're winning, but would be even happier if you scored that one extra bucket.
    your pal,
    ebrian

  7. #66
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    The first time I'd ever heard of this type of promotion was in 2001 when the Dallas Mavericks tried to get over 100 points despite already blowing out the Cleveland Cavaliers. They did it to help their fans get a coupon for cheap chalupas.

    I really don't see a problem with a team running up the score to help their fans get free pizza. I don't expect it, but I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Knowing that the promotion exists and you have a chance to get 20,000 fans who are already happy you're winning, but would be even happier if you scored that one extra bucket.
    Even if a player took a shot at the 100th point, the fans would boo if he missed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  8. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jangles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Change it to 80 points and a win. If we score 79 or less, that's the excuse to boo right there.

  9. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star mike, prague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    The first time I'd ever heard of this type of promotion was in 2001 when the Dallas Mavericks tried to get over 100 points despite already blowing out the Cleveland Cavaliers. They did it to help their fans get a coupon for cheap chalupas.

    I really don't see a problem with a team running up the score to help their fans get free pizza. I don't expect it, but I don't see why they wouldn't do it. Knowing that the promotion exists and you have a chance to get 20,000 fans who are already happy you're winning, but would be even happier if you scored that one extra bucket.
    Well, it is kind of spitting in the other teams face and is kind of a unspoken rule that you just dribble it out and the end of the game when the other team has already waved the white flag.

  10. #69
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,385
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mike, prague wrote: View Post
    We complain about the local pizza nutheads, who boo our team in games like the memorable Memphis game of '14. It is an embarrassment to our fan-base, to our team, to our city, to our country and to the game of basketball. Now you too can do something about it. Sign this PETITION and help push for the elimination of this silly gimmick that some of our fans (are they even really fans? Or just hungry pizza-loving weirdos?) misuse and embarrass us with. You can also follow these guys on twitter.


    #StopThePizza


    Motivational content:

    Warning for viewers who hate lame former Turkish Raptors.


    Petition signed!!

  11. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  12. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Signed. I would simply make it such that if the Raptors win, the fans get their slice. If not, no slice.

    And if that isn't acceptable, I will bake some pizzas for the whiny fans myself.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  13. #71
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    why does anyone care about the pizza promo?

    Honestly.

    who gives a flying fuck..... kids and casual fans love it.

  14. #72
    Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,301
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    why does anyone care about the pizza promo?

    Honestly.

    who gives a flying fuck..... kids and casual fans love it.

    But why should boos ring out after a hard won game, simply because the Raptors refuse to surpass the century mark? An example of this would be the Memphis game. That was such a great game, definitely amongst the best this season for the Raps, and instead of cheering on the team, the crowd was booing the Raptors for not scoring 100.

    To me(and many,many others), that is a classless and pathetic act. Almost as bad as Heat fans walking out during game 6 of the finals. Thats why people are making so much noise about the pizza.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan


  15. #73
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nobody but fanatics on messageboards give a shit, trust me.

    Further to that, you look at the contractual obligations, to which you have NO IDEA of the terms and duration of contract, its not so easy as just syaing "hey, pizza pizza, our fans are taking it too far, and we no longer look "cool" to basketball purists and crazies, so were gonna have to stop and default on our contract".

    Doesnt work that way boys.


    Suck it up.

  16. Like Letter N, GoldenBaller liked this post
  17. #74
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,631
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Nobody but fanatics on messageboards give a shit, trust me.

    Further to that, you look at the contractual obligations, to which you have NO IDEA of the terms and duration of contract, its not so easy as just syaing "hey, pizza pizza, our fans are taking it too far, and we no longer look "cool" to basketball purists and crazies, so were gonna have to stop and default on our contract".

    Doesnt work that way boys.


    Suck it up.
    The contract doesn't necessarily need to be terminated. A simple amendment would do (e.g. every win, regardless of point total, warrants pizza. MLSE could agree to absorb any extra costs).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #75
    Raptors Republic Rookie gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    The contract doesn't necessarily need to be terminated. A simple amendment would do (e.g. every win, regardless of point total, warrants pizza. MLSE could agree to absorb any extra costs).
    Bingo. Nearly every contract in this area includes things like 'term review', 'termination', and 'amendment' clauses. Fulfill the remainder of the partnership, but award the pizza simply for a 'win'.

  19. #76
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Nobody but fanatics on messageboards give a shit, trust me.

    Further to that, you look at the contractual obligations, to which you have NO IDEA of the terms and duration of contract, its not so easy as just syaing "hey, pizza pizza, our fans are taking it too far, and we no longer look "cool" to basketball purists and crazies, so were gonna have to stop and default on our contract".

    Doesnt work that way boys.


    Suck it up.
    Contracts can change quite easily, especially if you have MLSE resources and the desire to make it happen. If MLSE wants it to change, it will change.

    There is very likely to be pre-written conditions to terminate, or alter the contract promotion anyway.

  20. #77
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't understand what the problem is, really. Are we worried that players will misunderstand the intent of the booing and fall into a deep depression as a result?

    Do you prefer that fans qualify their booing, by yelling "BOOO for the lack of free pizza but hurray for the win!"?
    your pal,
    ebrian

  21. #78
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,193
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guys, Pizza Pizza is the client, not the MLSE, don't kid yourselves here.

    If Pizza Pizza likes the deal, it remains.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •