Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#StopThePizza (Post #56 - sign the petition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't blame Pizza Pizza for this promotion.. it's all on MLSE. This promotion is not new.. been going on for several years now. So you have to be pretty stupid to not know what is happening.

If Pizza Pizza wants to be a sponsor that's great.. but it should all be about winning. A win gets you a slice.. a loss doesn't. Simple/easy/solves everything. If Pizza Pizza is afraid to give out so many free slices with that idea than MLSE should front the cost.

Or change the promotion. Instead of a "free" slice make the consumer buy one slice and a pop before they get the second slice for free.

We've been talking about this for years now.. it's on TL to fix it. I hope he does.

Tim if you read Raptors Republic.. please put this on your agenda for one of your board meetings before next season. Thanks!

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Have you been to the games? Those boos are real. There are families with kids there, and they pump the kids up all game long for the pizza, scream for the pizza for the last 5 minutes of the game if they are anywhere near .500, then boo like crazy if they stop short. Very real. Parents boo louder than the kids do.
      Well then we'll just have come to terms with the reality that a certain percentage of the human population are fawking morons, and no matter what we do to change the promotion, these morons will find a way to disappoint the rest of humanity.

Comment

I've always liked this promotion of the free pizza because it makes me feel good about giving my ticket to a homeless person on my way home from a game. I'm guaranteeing that he is going to be fed, as opposed to who knows what happens with the money if I give him/her a loonie.

Maybe what they can do it just donate money to the local shelters and soup kitchens whenever the Raptors score above 100 points and win.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

Comment

"Fans" booing after wins cuz of no free pizza is dumb AF. I like the idea of free pizza after a Win regardless of point total. Enough of this B.S. already. It's f**king embarrassing. Pizza Pizza/MLSE needs to fix this asap.

Comment

Imagine...the promotion gets cancelled...and the bozos who currently boo would get so incensed... continue with their booing in future similar endings to perversely continue the "tradition".

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                Imagine...the promotion gets cancelled...and the bozos who currently boo would get so incensed... continue with their booing in future similar endings to perversely continue the "tradition".
                Can we just have a public stoning for those fans?

(I kid)
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I was sitting here thinking for a while. And I'm not sure if this is a better idea or not but it hit me and I feel like it makes sense.

How about whenever the Raptors comeback from a 20 point (or more) deficit and WIN they get pizza? Kinda like a reward for the fans who put up with the horrid performance that put them in the deficit in the first place and give the crowd a reason to cheer and stay with the team even when down 20.

Let me know what you think!
                  A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

When/if the promotion is ever changed, I think it'll take a while before the effects are noticed. The current promotion is so ingrained within the fan base, that the casual fan won't be aware of the change.

Comment

Anyone have an idea of how it's like in other teams' arenas? This promotion isn't just at the ACC right? They are doing this at other NBA arenas with other promotions right? It has to be just as embarrassing. Just get rid of it already..

Comment

#StopThePizza

We complain about the local pizza nutheads, who boo our team in games like the memorable Memphis game of '14. It is an embarrassment to our fan-base, to our team, to our city, to our country and to the game of basketball. Now you too can do something about it. Sign this PETITION and help push for the elimination of this silly gimmick that some of our fans (are they even really fans? Or just hungry pizza-loving weirdos?) misuse and embarrass us with. You can also follow these guys on twitter.

#StopThePizza

Motivational content:

Warning for viewers who hate lame former Turkish Raptors.

Comment

Taco Bell and McDonalds, etc. have been involved with similar promotions for teams like Orlando, etc... and while there are some similar results (re: fans booing), the extremeness of the boo's is certainly not like what we see in Toronto. *crossing fingers this is removed come next year or is given out for simply getting a 'w'.

Comment

Maybe instead of changing the promotion, we could change the fans.

One must pass a basic intelligence test before your ticket is scanned.

Comment

So not every team does this sort of promotion? That's ridiculous!! If TL wants to change the perception of Toronto in the eyes of the league, free agents etc., this promotion would be a good place to start.

Comment

Ya, we don't even need an end-of-game promotion. Just give out some free tshirts before tipoff and be done with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X