Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 586

Thread: Toronto Raptors (37-28) @ Atlanta Hawks (30-35)

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Toronto Raptors (37-28) @ Atlanta Hawks (30-35)

    Let's go boys!



  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They're on a four game win streak which kind of sucks. I thought they were spent.
    Another interesting challenge for JV tonight, Antic pretty much exclusively shoots threes, and makes a number of them. I don't like our small ball lineups without Patterson, so he's gotta be good.

    Edit- just checked and their win streak was against Mil, UTA, CHA and DEN, so not the best, but still.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,982
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't underestimate the Hawks. They've won 4 straight games, so they're confidence is sky high.

    Raptors need to play their game and execute. This is a must win game. DeRozan needs to step up.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,565
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    .

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    yup

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Get ready for some strange goings-on in Atlanta. Will someone foul out with 5 fouls? Will the clock mysteriously add or lose time? Will Raptor points be added when they score? Will there be more than 5,000 people in the arena? Tune in to find out all this and more......

    It's an interesting two weeks for Toronto. Starting tonight, it's nine games in 14 days, including three back-to-backs but there are a lot of "should win" games on tap (Boston twice, Orlando, Cleveland (no Irving), Atlanta twice). A good stretch (e.g. 6-3) will make it very difficult for anyone to catch them barring a total collapse over the last two weeks.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Very big games versus Atlanta

    Another at home on Friday... Or Sunday?

    Every win matters for the hawks

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's always tough to play in Atlanta... for 'some' reason. If you know what I mean.

    Anyway.


  9. Like Nilanka liked this post
  10. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Get ready for some strange goings-on in Atlanta. Will someone foul out with 5 fouls? Will the clock mysteriously add or lose time? Will Raptor points be added when they score? Will there be more than 5,000 people in the arena? Tune in to find out all this and more......

    It's an interesting two weeks for Toronto. Starting tonight, it's nine games in 14 days, including three back-to-backs but there are a lot of "should win" games on tap (Boston twice, Orlando, Cleveland (no Irving), Atlanta twice). A good stretch (e.g. 6-3) will make it very difficult for anyone to catch them barring a total collapse over the last two weeks.
    Canned crowd noise was always my favourite in Hotlanta.

    3,500 fans sounding like the Superbowl :|
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  11. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How many games has Atlanta had nationally in the US this year? I have no idea, but if they have had a few already, well then I'm sure they won't have the same motivation to completely bring it the Raptor players will.

  12. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Canned crowd noise was always my favourite in Hotlanta.

    3,500 fans sounding like the Superbowl :|
    I heard they have a laugh-track too. Topical.

  13. #12
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Atlanta probably has the worst crowd in the NBA loool like 4k show up to the games

  14. #13
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5,850
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Atlanta probably has the worst crowd in the NBA loool like 4k show up to the games
    they're averaging 14k p/g this season.

  15. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lets get the W. Especially since its going to be broadcast nation wide in the US as well.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

  16. #15
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    ANGERVILLE: Population 1
    Posts
    7,892
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    -Raptors have lost 9 of their last 11 games at the Hawks.
    - DeMar DeRozan (TOR) has 30+ points in 3 straight games vs the Hawks.
    - Paul Millsap (ATL) has a 57.4 FG% in 14 games vs the Raptors (his highest FG% vs any opponent).
    - Raptors Kyle Lowry (illness) is expected to play.
    - Raptors are 17-7 this season when they hit 10+ three-pointers.
    - Raptors are 29-12 this season when they record 20+ assists.
    - Raptors are 13-5 this season when Kyle Lowry records 10+ assists.
    - Kyle Lowry is tied for 7th in the NBA in assists per game with 7.9.
    - Raptors 37 wins through 65 games are their second-most in franchise history. They had 39 wins through 65 games in 1999-00.
    - Raptors are 6-21 when allowing opponents to score 100+ points. They are 31-7 when holding opponents under 100 points.
    - The home team has won both meetings this season.
    - Raptors are coming off a loss to the Suns. They have not lost back-to-back games since February 5-7.
    - Hawks are 5-11 on 0 days rest.
    - Hawks are on a season-high 4 game win streak.
    - Kyle Lowry (TOR) is second on the Raptors in double-doubles with 17 (Valanciunas 18). Raptors are 12-5 this season when Lowry records a double-double.
    - DeMar DeRozan (TOR) ranks third in points per game among guards this season (22.5)

  17. #16
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    they're averaging 14k fans p/g this season.
    Probably somewhat doctored numbers. It depends what they count. Tickets distributed? Often such a number can be far higher than actual attendance.

  18. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From NBA.com:

    "The Raptors will be looking for their 18th road victory for the first time since 2001-02. They're in striking distance of the franchise record of 20 road victories (2000-01) with eight more games away from home remaining after Tuesday's contest."

    That would be quite an achievement!
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

  19. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    -Raptors have lost 9 of their last 11 games at the Hawks.
    - DeMar DeRozan (TOR) has 30+ points in 3 straight games vs the Hawks.
    - Paul Millsap (ATL) has a 57.4 FG% in 14 games vs the Raptors (his highest FG% vs any opponent).
    - Raptors Kyle Lowry (illness) is expected to play.
    - Raptors are 17-7 this season when they hit 10+ three-pointers.
    - Raptors are 29-12 this season when they record 20+ assists.
    - Raptors are 13-5 this season when Kyle Lowry records 10+ assists.
    - Kyle Lowry is tied for 7th in the NBA in assists per game with 7.9.
    - Raptors 37 wins through 65 games are their second-most in franchise history. They had 39 wins through 65 games in 1999-00.
    - Raptors are 6-21 when allowing opponents to score 100+ points. They are 31-7 when holding opponents under 100 points.
    - The home team has won both meetings this season.
    - Raptors are coming off a loss to the Suns. They have not lost back-to-back games since February 5-7.
    - Hawks are 5-11 on 0 days rest.
    - Hawks are on a season-high 4 game win streak.
    - Kyle Lowry (TOR) is second on the Raptors in double-doubles with 17 (Valanciunas 18). Raptors are 12-5 this season when Lowry records a double-double.
    - DeMar DeRozan (TOR) ranks third in points per game among guards this season (22.5)
    Stats.

  20. #19
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    2,709
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    - Kyle Lowry is tied for 7th in the NBA in assists per game with 7.9.
    Interesting stat. I wonder however, where the 7 guys ahead of him rank in points, rebounds and charges taken.


  21. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Murray Harbour Prince Edward Island
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    Stats.
    Couldn't of put it better myself!

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •