Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 141

Thread: Fire Leo Rautins Petition

  1. #61
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    jyd?
    He's got a lisp doesn't he?
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

  2. #62
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He's got a lisp doesn't he?
    Does he? I never noticed it before. Then again, all I ever heard him do was bark :|

    If so, maybe it was due to his crooked teeth, which have since been fixed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #63
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Does he? I never noticed it before. Then again, all I ever heard him do was bark :|

    If so, maybe it was due to his crooked teeth, which have since been fixed.
    I seriously laughed at this, not sure if you were trying to be funny or not, but it was a good one!

  4. Like Nilanka liked this post
  5. #64
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    jyd?
    By JVG I meant Jeff Van Gundy... but JYD would make a great colour commentator as well

  6. #65
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    By JVG I meant Jeff Van Gundy... but JYD would make a great colour commentator as well
    Ya, I know you were talking about Van Gundy.

    I suggested JYD because he's already around the organization (I think), and his lively personality might be a welcome change during broadcasts.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  7. Like planetmars liked this post
  8. #66
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Ya, I know you were talking about Van Gundy.

    I suggested JYD because he's already around the organization (I think), and his lively personality might be a welcome change during broadcasts.
    Sounds like Nash is retiring soon, maybe he wants the gig?

    Or VC in a couple of years
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  9. #67
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Sounds like Nash is retiring soon, maybe he wants the gig?

    Or VC in a couple of years
    Nash is a Vancouver guy that spent his career in Phoenix, Dallas and LA, he hates the idea of a Toronto winter more than the American guys from the south.

  10. #68
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Not really cool petitioning to put someone out of a job.
    If the people who pay his salary(indirectly) are unhappy then what's so wrong with voicing their displeasure?

  11. #69
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    19
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow. You are a complete moron. Good luck with that think they call karma asshole.

  12. #70
    Raptors Republic Starter 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    If the people who pay his salary(indirectly) are unhappy then what's so wrong with voicing their displeasure?
    I bought a Mars bar last year. I should have a say as to whether they fire their CEO?

  13. Like Nilanka liked this post
  14. #71
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I bought a Mars bar last year. I should have a say as to whether they fire their CEO?
    I'd sign that petition....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  15. #72
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I am so with you on this. Half the time actually majority of the time he is licking the other teams nuts. Who the hell is Ajinca? Even though he played for the raptors, who the hell is Ajinca? Leo was complimenting his game.

    Other times the whole "wow, I love his game" about random players. Really Leo, really? It is so annoying that even my 7 year old nephew is picking up on it. You got my signature

  16. #73
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheRightPath wrote: View Post
    I am so with you on this. Half the time actually majority of the time he is licking the other teams nuts. Who the hell is Ajinca? Even though he played for the raptors, who the hell is Ajinca? Leo was complimenting his game.

    Other times the whole "wow, I love his game" about random players. Really Leo, really? It is so annoying that even my 7 year old nephew is picking up on it. You got my signature
    Take a step back, take off the "irrational fan" hat, and just for a moment, think about what exactly you're signing.

    You're petitioning to eliminate Leo Rautins' income, to take food off his dinner table, because you don't like his thoughts on opposing players. Does that sound logical to any sane person?

    Discussing/critiquing his style in a public forum is one thing. Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions. But actually attempting to get him fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread, is beyond ridiculous. It's shameful.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Mar 20th, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  17. Like TRex liked this post
  18. #74
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Leo is polarizing figure.

  19. #75
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I bought a Mars bar last year. I should have a say as to whether they fire their CEO?
    If you are unhappy with their product you have every right to let the company know so. Companies take input from consumers all the time.

  20. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,914
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Take a step back, take off the "irrational fan" hat, and just for a moment, think about what exactly you're signing.

    You're petitioning to eliminate Leo Rautins' income, to take food off his dinner table, because you don't like his thoughts on opposing players. Does that sound logical to any sane person?

    Discussing/critiquing his style in a public forum is one thing. Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions. But actually attempting to get him fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread, is beyond ridiculous. It's shameful.
    Heheh although I don't disagree with anything you're saying in principle, Leo and his family won't be going hungry anytime soon, for any reason.

  21. #77
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,340
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Heheh although I don't disagree with anything you're saying in principle, Leo and his family won't be going hungry anytime soon, for any reason.
    Thanks to Andy's German Basketball League bi-weekly paycheques
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  22. Like Letter N liked this post
  23. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Take a step back, take off the "irrational fan" hat, and just for a moment, think about what exactly you're signing.

    You're petitioning to eliminate Leo Rautins' income, to take food off his dinner table, because you don't like his thoughts on opposing players. Does that sound logical to any sane person?

    Discussing/critiquing his style in a public forum is one thing. Of course, we're all entitled to our opinions. But actually attempting to get him fired for the reasons mentioned in this thread, is beyond ridiculous. It's shameful.
    I disagree with your premise re taking food from his table. If someone wishes to petition to have Leo removed so be it. The management can dismiss this petition if it feels it is not generally reflective of the fans opinion of Leo. The last time I checked freedom of expression was protected by the charter of rights. You may feel it is shameful which is 100 percent your right but it is not up to you to determine another's right to express their thoughts in whatever manner they so choose.

  24. #79
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I feel like the biggest problem with this idea is still what I said earlier:

    Who the heck replaces Leo?

    I hate him. He's one of the most annoying sports commentators I'd ever had to listen to. But if people were all eager for the opportunity to broadcast Raptors games, we would not be stuck with him, or with Jack for that matter. Even if they managed to attract a former Raptor, what are the odds that guy is any better? I'd say not good. Here lots of former players who are absolutely dreadful commentators. Even worse than Leo (who I guess counts as a former player, so maybe that's part of the reason he licks balls).

  25. #80
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what bugs me most about Leo is that he starts every sentence with "what the raptors need to do" and then ends up saying something completely arbitrary. i can't stand him and i think it would be a good business move to find someone either more intelligent or more entertaining. i have to mute the whole game when he's calling it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •