Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Leo Rautins Petition

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote navyblues wrote: View Post
    what bugs me most about Leo is that he starts every sentence with "what the raptors need to do" and then ends up saying something completely arbitrary. i can't stand him and i think it would be a good business move to find someone either more intelligent or more entertaining. i have to mute the whole game when he's calling it.
    But who? Toronto is not the market where basketball commentators are fighting to get to. Otherwise we wouldn't be stuck with Jack and Leo. I prefer Jack, but his voice alone is an abomination for a broadcaster and enough to question how he ever got the job.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Think we'll need a couple of successful years before there's even the chance of a better option becoming available.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Think we'll need a couple of successful years before there's even the chance of a better option becoming available.
    They should consider hiring Eric Smith from sportsnet.

Raptors Republic Starter Uncle_Si's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Zach Lowe tweet that he likes Rautins commentary. I think the bigger problem is stupid Rod Black.

The biggest problem of all though is snuffaluffagous on hockey night in Canada

5. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Leo is pompous, arrogant, and full of himself. I can't stand him and have wanted him gone for YEARS. So I signed the petition.

He gets a 10/10 on the douche factor.

I'd rather have a giant Homer with zero basketball knowledge than the turbo douche that is Leo.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, no offence, but this is a pretty horrible and ignorant statement.

Would you say this to Leo Rautins if you met him? Do you know him?

So a few of you don't like the way he call games, he's too repetitive...... he seems like he thinks he knows it all. Well tough shit. Here's some advice;

1. Realize he has more in his Basketball mind than you can even understand. So lets stop pretending that there could even be a comparison there.

2. He is there to provide good analysis for the average Joe, who, make up about 80% of the audience. Nobody cares about the Fanatics, period, and they shouldn't. You wanna hear about win shares, and some other stupid shit you can get that online.

3. If you arer able to recite all his comments, you should get the fuck out of the house and stop watching every single game religiously. There is more to life.

Leo is not the problem here, not if you're talking this harshly about him. If you are, than you're the problem. its one thing to not prefer a guy as a commentator, thats fine, but this crap, on this forum that I'm reading is uninformed, ignorant and immature drivel

And a petition????? Beyond ridiculous, its delusional, and its more than a little disturbing.

8. Like 2KJ, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote superjudge wrote: View Post
    ok, no offence, but this is a pretty horrible and ignorant statement.

Would you say this to leo rautins if you met him? Do you know him?

So a few of you don't like the way he call games, he's too repetitive...... He seems like he thinks he knows it all. Well tough shit. Here's some advice;

1. Realize he has more in his basketball mind than you can even understand. So lets stop pretending that there could even be a comparison there.

2. He is there to provide good analysis for the average joe, who, make up about 80% of the audience. Nobody cares about the fanatics, period, and they shouldn't. You wanna hear about win shares, and some other stupid shit you can get that online.

3. If you arer able to recite all his comments, you should get the fuck out of the house and stop watching every single game religiously. There is more to life.

Leo is not the problem here, not if you're talking this harshly about him. If you are, than you're the problem. Its one thing to not prefer a guy as a commentator, thats fine, but this crap, on this forum that i'm reading is uninformed, ignorant and immature drivel

and a petition????? Beyond ridiculous, its delusional, and its more than a little disturbing.
    nailed it!!!!!!!!!!

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    I disagree with your premise re taking food from his table. If someone wishes to petition to have Leo removed so be it. The management can dismiss this petition if it feels it is not generally reflective of the fans opinion of Leo. The last time I checked freedom of expression was protected by the charter of rights. You may feel it is shameful which is 100 percent your right but it is not up to you to determine another's right to express their thoughts in whatever manner they so choose.
    Protection by the charter doesn't make it any less shameful.

EDIT: You have every right to start/sign a petition to have volunteers banned from hospitals because you don't like their uniforms, but it would still be a pathetic gesture.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Mar 21st, 2014 at 09:18 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand Leo, but as others have mentioned it's not worth going so far as trying to put someone out of a job.

The thing I can't stand about Leo, is that he doesn't "call" the game, he critiques it which makes him sound like a know it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Can't stand Leo, but as others have mentioned it's not worth going so far as trying to put someone out of a job.

The thing I can't stand about Leo, is that he doesn't "call" the game, he critiques it which makes him sound like a know it all.
    When a team is calling the game teh two guys have different roles, one is called a play by play guy, and the other is the Analyst, Leo is the Analyst, it is his job to critque and add to the content, not just give stats from the game and call what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a difference between analyzing and critiqueing, but at the end of the day he has to find a way to do it in a less annoying way. I can listen to the analysts from other teams, and I find it a much more enjoyable experience than listening to Leo. To actually create such a negative reaction from people is a pretty clear indication that he is doing something wrong.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    All local commentators are biased. The Raps team is actually not nearly as bad as many others.
    They have to be. They are employed by the organization, so they have to lean towards their team.

Yes. I think the Bulls broadcast team is the worst when it comes to bias. They not only try to elevate their team, but consistently nitpick every move the opponents make, and even make things personal.

The last Bulls game against the Raps, when Lowry took a charge against a noah pick, Stacey King said if he was in Noah's shoes, he wouldve knocked Lowry's teeth on the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I think there is a difference between analyzing and critiqueing, but at the end of the day he has to find a way to do it in a less annoying way. I can listen to the analysts from other teams, and I find it a much more enjoyable experience than listening to Leo. To actually create such a negative reaction from people is a pretty clear indication that he is doing something wrong.
    Name me one person in the world that does not bother or annoy someone. I think Leo does a good job, as do some thers, some don't like him. Look how many people can't stand Stephen Harper, yet he got elected.....

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Plus it's human nature to find things annoying the longer you've had to deal with it.

Leo's been here since day 1. After 18 years of basketball, of course he's going to sound repetitive to us die hards.

People find Rod Black annoying, Matt Devlin annoying, Chuck Swirsky annoying, Jack Armstrong annoying. Everybody hates everybody, so let's start a petition to can them all!
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

while normally i hate petitions and the type of people that get them started i hate leo more than both combined so i'm going to go ahead and sign this
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

wait i have to put my name in for this? no way i'm ready for that kind of commitment.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OP,

I just saw where you're sending this petition to..

"To:
    Leo Rautins "

FAIL

If you want Leo to get fired, you should consider sending this petition to his employer.
    Last edited by rocwell; Fri Mar 21st, 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Ok, no offence, but this is a pretty horrible and ignorant statement.

Would you say this to Leo Rautins if you met him? Do you know him?

So a few of you don't like the way he call games, he's too repetitive...... he seems like he thinks he knows it all. Well tough shit. Here's some advice;

1. Realize he has more in his Basketball mind than you can even understand. So lets stop pretending that there could even be a comparison there.

2. He is there to provide good analysis for the average Joe, who, make up about 80% of the audience. Nobody cares about the Fanatics, period, and they shouldn't. You wanna hear about win shares, and some other stupid shit you can get that online.

Leo is not the problem here, not if you're talking this harshly about him. If you are, than you're the problem. its one thing to not prefer a guy as a commentator, thats fine, but this crap, on this forum that I'm reading is uninformed, ignorant and immature drivel

And a petition????? Beyond ridiculous, its delusional, and its more than a little disturbing.
    To your first point: I would definitely agree with that. Which is why I find it so baffling that he has nothing new to add ever.

Your second point: I don't think anyone ever expects color commentators to start talking about advanced analytics. One of my fav color guys is the immortal Hubie Brown. I've watched, played, and coached basketball my whole life and this guys still manages to teach me things with his analysis. And this is national television so I don't think they need to dumb down for the average person is an excuse.

And to your third: I don't need to watch every single Raptor's game to be able to recite his comments. All I have to do is watch 25%-50% of the games from the the last 18 years and his comments will be ingrained nicely, thank you very much.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

21. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie RepTdot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

only petition i'd sign is BRING BACK CHUCK! onion's baby onion's! or knowing most raptors fans would he get booed as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Name me one person in the world that does not bother or annoy someone. I think Leo does a good job, as do some thers, some don't like him. Look how many people can't stand Stephen Harper, yet he got elected.....
    Yeah, but this isn't politics, this is entertainment and should be enjoyable. The product Leo puts out there for the viewers to consume is for many people, not enjoyable. I would say that the fact someone is putting a petition together is a clear sign of how stronly the people whom don't like that product feel about it.

Again, while I don't think going after a mans job is right, I agree with the feeling towards Rautins. He in my judgement does not entertain well at all.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information