No announcement yet.

Fire Leo Rautins Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there is a difference between analyzing and critiqueing, but at the end of the day he has to find a way to do it in a less annoying way. I can listen to the analysts from other teams, and I find it a much more enjoyable experience than listening to Leo. To actually create such a negative reaction from people is a pretty clear indication that he is doing something wrong.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      All local commentators are biased. The Raps team is actually not nearly as bad as many others.
      They have to be. They are employed by the organization, so they have to lean towards their team.

Yes. I think the Bulls broadcast team is the worst when it comes to bias. They not only try to elevate their team, but consistently nitpick every move the opponents make, and even make things personal.

The last Bulls game against the Raps, when Lowry took a charge against a noah pick, Stacey King said if he was in Noah's shoes, he wouldve knocked Lowry's teeth on the floor.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        I think there is a difference between analyzing and critiqueing, but at the end of the day he has to find a way to do it in a less annoying way. I can listen to the analysts from other teams, and I find it a much more enjoyable experience than listening to Leo. To actually create such a negative reaction from people is a pretty clear indication that he is doing something wrong.
        Name me one person in the world that does not bother or annoy someone. I think Leo does a good job, as do some thers, some don't like him. Look how many people can't stand Stephen Harper, yet he got elected.....
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Plus it's human nature to find things annoying the longer you've had to deal with it.

Leo's been here since day 1. After 18 years of basketball, of course he's going to sound repetitive to us die hards.

People find Rod Black annoying, Matt Devlin annoying, Chuck Swirsky annoying, Jack Armstrong annoying. Everybody hates everybody, so let's start a petition to can them all!

Comment

while normally i hate petitions and the type of people that get them started i hate leo more than both combined so i'm going to go ahead and sign this
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

wait i have to put my name in for this? no way i'm ready for that kind of commitment.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

OP,

I just saw where you're sending this petition to..

"To:
                Leo Rautins "

FAIL

If you want Leo to get fired, you should consider sending this petition to his employer.
                Last edited by rocwell; Fri Mar 21, 2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Ok, no offence, but this is a pretty horrible and ignorant statement.

Would you say this to Leo Rautins if you met him? Do you know him?

So a few of you don't like the way he call games, he's too repetitive...... he seems like he thinks he knows it all. Well tough shit. Here's some advice;

1. Realize he has more in his Basketball mind than you can even understand. So lets stop pretending that there could even be a comparison there.

2. He is there to provide good analysis for the average Joe, who, make up about 80% of the audience. Nobody cares about the Fanatics, period, and they shouldn't. You wanna hear about win shares, and some other stupid shit you can get that online.

3. If you arer able to recite all his comments, you should get the fuck out of the house and stop watching every single game religiously. There is more to life.

Leo is not the problem here, not if you're talking this harshly about him. If you are, than you're the problem. its one thing to not prefer a guy as a commentator, thats fine, but this crap, on this forum that I'm reading is uninformed, ignorant and immature drivel

And a petition????? Beyond ridiculous, its delusional, and its more than a little disturbing.
                  To your first point: I would definitely agree with that. Which is why I find it so baffling that he has nothing new to add ever.

Your second point: I don't think anyone ever expects color commentators to start talking about advanced analytics. One of my fav color guys is the immortal Hubie Brown. I've watched, played, and coached basketball my whole life and this guys still manages to teach me things with his analysis. And this is national television so I don't think they need to dumb down for the average person is an excuse.

And to your third: I don't need to watch every single Raptor's game to be able to recite his comments. All I have to do is watch 25%-50% of the games from the the last 18 years and his comments will be ingrained nicely, thank you very much.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

only petition i'd sign is BRING BACK CHUCK! onion's baby onion's! or knowing most raptors fans would he get booed as well?

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Name me one person in the world that does not bother or annoy someone. I think Leo does a good job, as do some thers, some don't like him. Look how many people can't stand Stephen Harper, yet he got elected.....
                      Yeah, but this isn't politics, this is entertainment and should be enjoyable. The product Leo puts out there for the viewers to consume is for many people, not enjoyable. I would say that the fact someone is putting a petition together is a clear sign of how stronly the people whom don't like that product feel about it.

Again, while I don't think going after a mans job is right, I agree with the feeling towards Rautins. He in my judgement does not entertain well at all.

Comment

• For all the OG Raptor fans here, there's one man we haven't mentioned who deserves some praise & respect: John Saunders. Great play-by-play man. The John & Leo booth is my all-time #1 Raps announcing team.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          For all the OG Raptor fans here, there's one man we haven't mentioned who deserves some praise & respect: John Saunders. Great play-by-play man. The John & Leo booth is my all-time #1 Raps announcing team.
                          Saunders can't escape the ABC black hole

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Saunders can't escape the ABC black hole
                            Damn shame.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              wait i have to put my name in for this? no way i'm ready for that kind of commitment.
                              Are you aware of what a petition is? It's called "signing a petition."
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                                To your first point: I would definitely agree with that. Which is why I find it so baffling that he has nothing new to add ever.

Your second point: I don't think anyone ever expects color commentators to start talking about advanced analytics. One of my fav color guys is the immortal Hubie Brown. I've watched, played, and coached basketball my whole life and this guys still manages to teach me things with his analysis. And this is national television so I don't think they need to dumb down for the average person is an excuse.

And to your third: I don't need to watch every single Raptor's game to be able to recite his comments. All I have to do is watch 25%-50% of the games from the the last 18 years and his comments will be ingrained nicely, thank you very much.

Listen, I don't really like Leo either. But I don't plan to sign a petition to have him removed. Hubie Brown is one of the best ever, because Leo isn't Hubie, doesn't make Leo incompetent, or otherwise deserving to be fired.

Sidenote.... 18 years X 42 games, is WAY TOO MANY!

hahaha

Addict!

Comment

Working...
                                X