Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Game #67: Toronto Raptors 107 - New Orleans Pelicans 100

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

this marks the 6th time this season the raps have won while still letting opponents score 100 or more.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    I did. And I was proven wrong. But I'm still not comfortable with the way we're playing without Patterson. It's a bit alarming how bad our defense has been without him. And let's not even talk about the benches offense minus PPatt.
    But this is the NBA GLF. Players get injured and 2Pat was an important part of why the team was playing well/consistent. A disruption like that throws the rotations out of sync and thus the inter action of players/5somes. Look what is happening to the Pacers & Heat...they are both trying to incorporate new players into their play (Oden, Bynum, Turner, less Granger). And these are teams with depth and great coaching. Just have to play it out...cant get too up or down after each game. What I like about the Raps is the consistency...touch wood...no great slides.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow how did TH only get one Ft attempt in 36 minutes of play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Wow how did TH only get one Ft attempt in 36 minutes of play?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He got hacked many times but never got any love from the officials.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    But this is the NBA GLF. Players get injured and 2Pat was an important part of why the team was playing well/consistent. A disruption like that throws the rotations out of sync and thus the inter action of players/5somes. Look what is happening to the Pacers & Heat...they are both trying to incorporate new players into their play (Oden, Bynum, Turner, less Granger). And these are teams with depth and great coaching. Just have to play it out...cant get too up or down after each game. What I like about the Raps is the consistency...touch wood...no great slides.
    It's true. I do get to low off of loses but I just don't think the lose of Patterson should be hurting us THAT much defensively. It just seems like we aren't giving the right amount of effort on that end to start games and we assume we can always make a comeback. Against the Pelicans of the world (with no Davis) yes but not against OKC or even Atlanta.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors bench has been exposed for what it is. Salmons, Hayes and Novak don't have much to offer. Fields and Nando should be playing more. With Hansbro and Grievus you might have something. Obviously Patterson has been huge.

This also suggests another route for Raptors domination. Focus on improving your bench, and then your starters don't have to be as elite.
    Last edited by Puffer; Thu Mar 20th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.

7. Like CalgaryRapsFan, blackjitsu liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That was pretty terrible but hugely important. Seriously lucky Davis didn't play. Important that Hans and Amir both played over 35 mins as well. Anything more than 17 minutes of Hayes and i'd have been annoyed.

Salmons seems to be going from mediocre to terrible lately, I guess I wouldn't mind DeColo getting a good chunk of those minutes, at least he will move the ball and make decent decisions.

I'm really not a Vasquez fan at all, but he put the game away with a couple of big buckets, so I have to give him credit for that.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Thu Mar 20th, 2014 at 12:17 AM.

9. Like Uncle_Si liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    The Raptors bench has been exposed for what it is. Salmons, Hayes and Novak don't have much to offer. Fields and Nando should be playing more. With Hansbro and Grievus you might have something. Obviously Patterson has been huge.

This also suggests another route for Raptors domination. Focus on improving your bench, and then your starters don't have to bed as elite.
    Pretty sure a bunch of us have been saying this for a while. Solid bench players are often not recognized for their importance.

11. Like Puffer liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Feels like the Raptors D is slipping. Can't blame Patterson for that since he comes off the bench. JV didn't play and Amir was banged up but this is when the D really has to step up. Need to retain that defensive focus for the playoffs.. only way you're going to survive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    It's true. I do get to low off of loses but I just don't think the lose of Patterson should be hurting us THAT much defensively. It just seems like we aren't giving the right amount of effort on that end to start games and we assume we can always make a comeback. Against the Pelicans of the world (with no Davis) yes but not against OKC or even Atlanta.
    Absolutely we need improved overall team defensive effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    raps have still yet to lose more than 3 in a row since the rudy trade.
    2 in a row. They haven't lost 3 in a row yet.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread Information